More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

How bout the "Live in the X Lounge" CD's!! Good stuff back then.

sad face....... I miss working at the airport in b'ham listening to Tuttle & Klein on 107.7 theX Everyhing else was the end of real radio in b'ham.... I live in the shoals and its just sad at the attempts at radio around here.

My dad would always buy the Live in the X Lounge CDs and we would listen to them on our way from Birmingham to Huntsville and back. Man, so many great memories tied in those albums. When The X got shut down I was devastated. That was my childhood!!

Sorry for continuing the threadjack. Just felt the need to connect.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at Justin Garrett at the back.. OMG

Lol I thought young Mike Tyson had come to check out the workouts.

cue the innappropriate Duece Bigelow exclamation... i saw that and immediately made plans for the gym this evening.

Frazier looks like he has been puting in some serious time in the weight room. If he puts that kind of time and gets those kind of results into working with Gus and Rhett (and I think he is/will) then we are going to have a VERY interesting QB race.

I also think that Kiehl could find a home as a TE or a STAR if he does not win the QB job, he definitely has the size to. I haven't seen him tackle yet, but like E said, I would imagine that he has quite a bit of aggression to take out over the past few years LOL!

With all of that said (and not trying to hijack the thread), I think that NM wins the QB job, with KF playing backup. I think Gus and Rhett help him get his confidence back and he surprises a lot of people in fall practice, but I think that NM is just too good of a runner. IMO whoever has the better passing accuracy is going to win the QB job between those two. They are both very capable runners and both can throw the ball a mile and put it on the money.

Frazier looks like he has been puting in some serious time in the weight room. If he puts that kind of time and gets those kind of results into working with Gus and Rhett (and I think he is/will) then we are going to have a VERY interesting QB race.

I also think that Kiehl could find a home as a TE or a STAR if he does not win the QB job, he definitely has the size to. I haven't seen him tackle yet, but like E said, I would imagine that he has quite a bit of aggression to take out over the past few years LOL!

With all of that said (and not trying to hijack the thread), I think that NM wins the QB job, with KF playing backup. I think Gus and Rhett help him get his confidence back and he surprises a lot of people in fall practice, but I think that NM is just too good of a runner. IMO whoever has the better passing accuracy is going to win the QB job between those two. They are both very capable runners and both can throw the ball a mile and put it on the money.

Everybody seems to forget that Mr. Frazier had a 49 ypk average as a HS Sr (albeit, on few attempts)

It is so cool to see the coaches hanging out with their players. I like this. Does the A U golf team need to watch out

People killed trooper for something like this, not knowing that all coaching staffs does stuff like this btw

People killed trooper for something like this, not knowing that all coaching staffs does stuff like this btw

Bingo...Position Coaches tend to have their players over for dinner on occasion. People have to remember that this is their first time away from home. So they tend to be surrogate parents and mentors to the players. Helps the players adjust and insight to the coaches on how things are going in their lives.

To me, this is completely different than what Trooper did. Trooper was more of a "friend" figure to the players as opposed to a mentor/coach figure which was the problem. Coaches can and will do this. That type of stuff is not the problem. The problem is how you talk to them and treat them every single day, but taking them out for fun has nothing to do with this.

To me, this is completely different than what Trooper did. Trooper was more of a "friend" figure to the players as opposed to a mentor/coach figure which was the problem. Coaches can and will do this. That type of stuff is not the problem. The problem is how you talk to them and treat them every single day, but taking them out for fun has nothing to do with this.

ooh yea!

How bout the "Live in the X Lounge" CD's!! Good stuff back then.

sad face....... I miss working at the airport in b'ham listening to Tuttle & Klein on 107.7 theX Everyhing else was the end of real radio in b'ham.... I live in the shoals and its just sad at the attempts at radio around here.

My dad would always buy the Live in the X Lounge CDs and we would listen to them on our way from Birmingham to Huntsville and back. Man, so many great memories tied in those albums. When The X got shut down I was devastated. That was my childhood!!

Sorry for continuing the threadjack. Just felt the need to connect.

Some of the best compilation live acoustic albums ever created. Heck, there's even a wiki page devoted to them and people still rave about them on youtube.

So the big question I guess is how do you know how trooper talked and treated them and how do you know how coach Horton was talking and treating them on this outing to compare?

So the big question I guess is how do you know how trooper talked and treated them and how do you know how coach Horton was talking and treating them on this outing to compare?

Like a lot of things, its not what you do, it's how many times you do it. Everything in moderation as they say.

Like a lot of things, its not what you do, it's how many times you do it. Everything in moderation as they say.

Very true and I don't know why people get shaky on this. This is no more than a position coach saying, "guys I'm gonna ride you this fall and put you on the same level as player a and player b. But I'm also human"

I guess the true difference will be seen on the sideline this fall....remember that sometimes when a non-wr had made a huge mistake and the position coach was going over to chew him out xCTT would grab the player right when he got to the sidelines and then moved him away from the position coach. I have known a few coaches that were on Tubbs Staff. They were tough on their players come practice and game day but did things like Coach Horton on non-game days. It was pretty interesting and I actually appreciated what they were doing for the young men as I would have felt comfortable sending my kids off to be mentored by them...(my kids weren't D1 Athletes but were friends with those coaches kids).

Archived