More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

I saw trooper do that a couple of times.....I saw coach Gus do that one game as well. I saw coach Gus and chiz chew a guy out the same time and coach boulware come up and say what happened? Way too much was made upabout that. It's not like oonce trooper said stand here the guy was off limits to coaches. And once again I saw coaches on other teams do the same thing.

People talked about chest bumping then I watched guys do it at bammer and Texas a&m, don't guess I saw anybody towel waving but I saw coaches jumping up and down clapping and turning around telling the crowd to get excited. All that stuff our own fan base bashed our own team about was frustration of not winning and somebody was going to have to take the brunt of it.

So I think you're absolutely right, we'll see with the results. If they are good it won't be a problem. If not somebody will have to take it.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw trooper do that a couple of times.....I saw coach Gus do that one game as well. I saw coach Gus and chiz chew a guy out the same time and coach boulware come up and say what happened? Way too much was made upabout that. It's not like oonce trooper said stand here the guy was off limits to coaches. And once again I saw coaches on other teams do the same thing.

People talked about chest bumping then I watched guys do it at bammer and Texas a&m, don't guess I saw anybody towel waving but I saw coaches jumping up and down clapping and turning around telling the crowd to get excited. All that stuff our own fan base bashed our own team about was frustration of not winning and somebody was going to have to take the brunt of it.

So I think you're absolutely right, we'll see with the results. If they are good it won't be a problem. If not somebody will have to take it.

I don't think Bates was at fault here, fwiw!

I don't either, however Troop was out of place IMO because 1) Chizik is the head coach, and if he feels he needs to chew out a player after a play, he shouldn't let a different position coach tell him he can't, and 2) Troop wasn't Bates' position coach, which tells me the only reason that he intervened was because he didn't want Bates to get chewed out.

I understand that Troop could have been watching Bates the entire time, seen the entire thing happen, and in this case, Bates should not have been chewed out, but I doubt that he was watching the QB behind the play. JMO.

I forgot about how bad of a call that was by the official. Bates simply tripped and fell down. No reason for a flag. That ref should have been scolded and reprimanded for an obviously blown, malicious looking call. Notice it was at State and they were driving for a TD. Almost like they were being protected proactively. Pisses me off to no end!!!

Last season was cursed in every aspect. We got screwed on every call. Every ball rolled away from us. Every tipped pass went to a receiver, etc. etc. etc. I guess things snow ball on you like that if you let them.

How bout the "Live in the X Lounge" CD's!! Good stuff back then.

sad face....... I miss working at the airport in b'ham listening to Tuttle & Klein on 107.7 theX Everyhing else was the end of real radio in b'ham.... I live in the shoals and its just sad at the attempts at radio around here.

My dad would always buy the Live in the X Lounge CDs and we would listen to them on our way from Birmingham to Huntsville and back. Man, so many great memories tied in those albums. When The X got shut down I was devastated. That was my childhood!!

Sorry for continuing the threadjack. Just felt the need to connect.

Some of the best compilation live acoustic albums ever created. Heck, there's even a wiki page devoted to them and people still rave about them on youtube.

Xfest was also Awesome. Rained all day, but we stayed and got soaked. One of the most fun times I have had.

with my pants on.

I don't either, however Troop was out of place IMO because 1) Chizik is the head coach, and if he feels he needs to chew out a player after a play, he shouldn't let a different position coach tell him he can't, and 2) Troop wasn't Bates' position coach, which tells me the only reason that he intervened was because he didn't want Bates to get chewed out.

I understand that Troop could have been watching Bates the entire time, seen the entire thing happen, and in this case, Bates should not have been chewed out, but I doubt that he was watching the QB behind the play. JMO.

Troop was the assistant head coach, I believe, so I do not see a problem, also there were times where I saw Troop calm Chizik down from chewing out a ref.

Troop was the assistant head coach, I believe, so I do not see a problem, also there were times where I saw Troop calm Chizik down from chewing out a ref.

This might have been the most overblown situation of the whole season. Troop was simply putting out a fire. I would bet Chiz, Troop and Bates forgot all about it before the game ended but fans keep pointing it out.

Exactly. Bates was chomping back. I think that's why troop came and got him but if chiz wanted to really say something that he hasn't said he's a grown man he would have said move troop and said it. Some act like troop was the police or something and it was like damn it trooper came and put his arm around him, it's over can't say nothing else!

Frazier been hitting it...way more defined..and his neck...btw Prosch looks like an action figure

Wade Christopher begs to differ...

Frazier been hitting it...way more defined..and his neck...btw Prosch looks like an action figure

Wade Christopher begs to differ...

SMH at the 1,000,023 Wade Christopher jokes I've seen on all boards Auburn in the last month or two........

Somewhere at a party in Tuscaloosa year 2033,, "They call me tater salad, here's my son tater tot...." No one one laughs,,, finally, no one laughs.

I kid I kid WarEagle

C'mon guys... it is obvious that Bates didn't just fall down. I know our defense has an extraordinary talent for the 'fall-tackle' as opposed to wrapping up... but this was clearly a cheap shot.

C'mon guys... it is obvious that Bates didn't just fall down. I know our defense has an extraordinary talent for the 'fall-tackle' as opposed to wrapping up... but this was clearly a cheap shot.

No it wasn't. Even the TV announcer said it "wasn't malicious" and he was "trying to get up and he tripped". Listen to the end of the video.

How bout the "Live in the X Lounge" CD's!! Good stuff back then.

sad face....... I miss working at the airport in b'ham listening to Tuttle & Klein on 107.7 theX Everyhing else was the end of real radio in b'ham.... I live in the shoals and its just sad at the attempts at radio around here.

My dad would always buy the Live in the X Lounge CDs and we would listen to them on our way from Birmingham to Huntsville and back. Man, so many great memories tied in those albums. When The X got shut down I was devastated. That was my childhood!!

Sorry for continuing the threadjack. Just felt the need to connect.

Some of the best compilation live acoustic albums ever created. Heck, there's even a wiki page devoted to them and people still rave about them on youtube.

Xfest was also Awesome. Rained all day, but we stayed and got soaked. One of the most fun times I have had.

with my pants on.

As far as hijacks go I am proud of this one. I have a friend who has all of the CD's on his iPod and made me a few. They really are great albums. Even cooler was the fact that they allowed fans to come in studio and listen while the musicians were there recording. My wife got to go and she still gets giddy about it to this day.

I like this on ask.fm, linked from his twitter and a little glimpse into Coach Russell's workouts. Get'em Coach, haha. By the way, if you read some of his tweets, DW is another one in the new class with a great attitude. I like the guys Gus and Staff are bringing in.

x.jpg

Dominic Walker (dwalker12)

Orlando

Football player Auburn Football Player/ Student,Athlete

Q: What are the pros and con's of Auburn. I am considering going there.

A: Pro's they treat the players great the new athletic dorms we getting n august are the bomb we get flat screens n each room n a game system to come with it n washer dryer n oven microwave all that its awesome n the classes easy. Cons the work outs hard as hell but aye this the SEC we gotta grind the hardest. and that's about it

http://ask.fm/dwalker12/answer/50771792659

Info out of utk. As the final June workout, the team was called to the indoor facility at 10 pm. They had to run 52, 110 yd. sprints!! After that workout, they were to take off until mid-July, at which time they will prepare for the beginning of fall camp. I would love to see Butch Jones and company sneak up on the turds. Our game with them is starting to look like no cakewalk, especially since it is homecoming. After all, they are 8 point favorites at this time!!

Mehhh...

(110 yards * 52 times) / 1760 yards to a mile = 3.25 miles

... at that age not really impressed.

Mehhh...

(110 yards * 52 times) / 1760 yards to a mile = 3.25 miles

... at that age not really impressed.

we do something similar on the first day of two-a-days, but we do 26 instead of the 52. The skill positions have to run them under 15 seconds and the linemen have to run them under 17. It certainly isn't a full sprint, but don't kid yourself, its a pretty quick pace. Around 13 or 15 the vomiting begins.

If you say so.... but still not impressed.

:) Didn't you have to walk to school uphill both ways?

I would be impressed. Running or jogging 3.25 miles engages your aerobic energy system and can be sustained for long periods. All out sprinting engages your anaerobic energy system which will carry you for much shorter periods of time. I don't know what the rest interval was between each sprint but likely one would be starting each successive sprint at a higher baseline heart rate and incomplete recovery as far as muscle ATP required for energy. The deeper you get into the sprints the less reserve you have. I suspect you might develop an appreciation for this if you ran ten 100 yrd dashes with 1 - 2 min rest between each as compared to a single 1000 yrd jog. Regardless of age, I suspect it would be a real challenge.

Archived