More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Ryan Russell ‏@CoachRussellAU

Working on in-season program design. Your either getting stronger or weaker in-season. No such thing as "maintain".

BQwNi6xCIAUUEc5.jpg

I know it's just "coach speak" but this comment/attitude really resonates with me. Love how Russell is approaching his job.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to get off topic for a second......Does anybody know if Coach Yox is coaching anywhere this season? I googled it and couldn't find anything, but me and google are at odds at the moment.

Sorry to get off topic for a second......Does anybody know if Coach Yox is coaching anywhere this season? I googled it and couldn't find anything, but me and google are at odds at the moment.

I think he is at a high school in Houston now.

I think he is at a high school in Houston now.

Thanks for that info!

Lefty makes a sly comment and folks grab their pitch forks. GB makes a sly comment and folks are not seeing it.

BTW, if you preface a statement with, "no disrespect". You know what you are about to say will be heard as disrespectful.

I'm not saying he should lose his twitter for this. I was just reiterating what CGM said.

I already know the majority won't agree but I happen to agree with BaT, it isn't that it was so bad. It just comes right around the time CGM said "It's a privalege". And something like that can get picked up by the media and a total s***-storm get started. Best to keep things as above board as possible if you are a player with a Twitter account. Just sayin'...

Look at our players last year. Compare them to bama, or any sec team we played. They looked like men vs children. Something was wrong. I'm a non-football-playin intellectual who spends most days reading books, but I am as built as many of our guys were. Can't expect SEC wins if the lines can't hold or you can be knocked to your feet with a nudge in the backfield like I would be. Somehow, AU was set back for a third of a decade due to conditioning. Can't get around this, no matter how much I agree with your ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Post today's workout. Nice hairdo Prosch!

936442_585181468171941_461236565_n.jpg

Frazier looks like he could play safety as far as size goes

Just wanted to point out how ripped Dee looks in the background.

Dee Ford? Not in the picture..... Maybe you meant to say Justin Garret? He's the mini Mike Tyson in the back left.

Kind of ironic with that phrase at the bottom of your pic there, Ivory, with the news of Kiehl actually moving to safety.

"ironically" You have catch in your name. You catch on well. I meant he has good size for a safety (after the fact) slick lol

Dee Ford? Not in the picture..... Maybe you meant to say Justin Garret? He's the mini Mike Tyson in the back left.

Ah, my bad, the haircut led me to believe it was dee. Now I see why Garrett has that position on lock.

Demetruce looks kinda small in that pic. I hope its from him having an injury.

He's always been kinda small.

McNeal said he was 199 in the spring (weighed in at 194) He was listed on the fall roster at 185, a significant weight loss. If I was putting a team together, I wouldn't want a light-weight, arm-tackler with a history of missed assignments that is coming off an injury as my last line of defense. Unfortunately given our lack of talent, that might be our only option.

But you would want your leading tackler from the previous year. Dont get me wrong he missed his share of tackles but even for his size he's never seemed to shy away from making a tackle

Demetruce looks kinda small in that pic. I hope its from him having an injury.

He's always been kinda small.

McNeal said he was 199 in the spring (weighed in at 194) He was listed on the fall roster at 185, a significant weight loss. If I was putting a team together, I wouldn't want a light-weight, arm-tackler with a history of missed assignments that is coming off an injury as my last line of defense. Unfortunately given our lack of talent, that might be our only option.

yep, sometimes inexperience is not so bad. He did have a couple games early that he appeared to bring some agression, bit it went away later.

The problem with McNeal (besides being under-sized) is his history of 'lack of effort'... Y'all do realize he was benched at half-time of the Georgia game because he dogged-it... and never played the rest of the season.

If he's gonna help us this season, I hope he's grown up some...? Sad thing to have to say about a senior.

Im learning a lot on this thread. I guess I didnt pay too much attention to the team last year (by design). I only remember "meat" as a spectacular special teamer along with C Sanders. I am waiting for him to impress me as a regular player.

Archived