More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

100% Agree. Everybody doesn't need to look like the Prosch. As long as they can get the job done!

Fixed that for you. WDE!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they got no fat. They are receivers, all we ask is you are fast, quick, and can catch. I dont know when we have had a WR that looked like Julio Jones if ever. We just need productions.

I agree....AJ Green was slim but put up major numbers! Keep up the good work guys and produce on the field!

I agree 100%. They are wr's that's what they are supposed to look like. Especially the freshmen.We haven't signed a guy with the potential frame to be very muscular at the wr position in the past 4 years.

Well they got no fat. They are receivers, all we ask is you are fast, quick, and can catch. I dont know when we have had a WR that looked like Julio Jones if ever. We just need productions.

I agree....AJ Green was slim but put up major numbers! Keep up the good work guys and produce on the field!

I agree 100%. They are wr's that's what they are supposed to look like. Especially the freshmen.We haven't signed a guy with the potential frame to be very muscular at the wr position in the past 4 years.

Dunno. Sammie Coates looks jacked to me!

f49c57fe156373f950b5d7715c7fbeb1.jpg

Yeah he does. When I said muscular I was talking about Julio Jones/Terrell Owens wr look like a linebacker freak athlete.

100% Agree. Everybody doesn't need to look like the "Hulk." As long as they can get the job done!

Y'all ever seen olympic sprinters? Sprinting (what our receivers should be doing a LOT of) actually builds muscle. I'm not saying they all need to look like Justin Garrett or The Proschenator but come on...Being fast, quick and able to catch is all good but remember this is a tackle sport. Adding some quality muscle isn't going to hurt those boys.

Dunno. Sammie Coates looks jacked to me!

f49c57fe156373f950b5d7715c7fbeb1.jpg

^^This and more of this^^

Jaylon Denson ‏@2Ruly_Blessed89

Me & my boys treeduno & @p_reese82 get it in! #NoDaysOff

144cfef4f70211e29b9b22000a1f96c5_7.jpg

IG:@dominic_era4 ‏@DW_SHOWTIME4

Jus got back n town last night already putting n work with my boys #WarEagle #TheGrindDontStop

6cb2f23af6fb11e2aaaf22000aa802e0_7.jpg

Underwear go on the inside of the pants...

Jus got back n town last night already putting n work with my boys #WarEagle #TheGrindDontStop

Left is Dominic Walker (6'-2")?

Center is Marcus Davis (5'-11")?

Right is Tony Stevens (6'-3")?

Left is Dominic Walker (6'-2")?

Center is Marcus Davis (5'-11")?

Right is Tony Stevens (6'-3")?

Correct.

100% Agree. Everybody doesn't need to look like the Prosch. As long as they can get the job done!

Fixed that for you. WDE!

Ha Ha. That will work too! WDE!

100% Agree. Everybody doesn't need to look like the "Hulk." As long as they can get the job done!

Y'all ever seen olympic sprinters? Sprinting (what our receivers should be doing a LOT of) actually builds muscle. I'm not saying they all need to look like Justin Garrett or The Proschenator but come on...Being fast, quick and able to catch is all good but remember this is a tackle sport. Adding some quality muscle isn't going to hurt those boys.

If teams can't catch them then less to worry about. I'm not concerned about their size. Sure an extra 5 or 10 lbs may help but some guys may be like OMac in that it's hard for them to put on weight. There have been plenty of guys their size that have taken the contact just fine and made it into the NFL as well. Like many have stated...we have not had a Juilo type WR in years. I'm hoping Williams will be that guy next year.

We just need our WRs to worry about actually CATCHING the ball first and foremost consistently.

If teams can't catch them then less to worry about. I'm not concerned about their size. Sure an extra 5 or 10 lbs may help but some guys may be like OMac in that it's hard for them to put on weight. There have been plenty of guys their size that have taken the contact just fine and made it into the NFL as well. Like many have stated...we have not had a Juilo type WR in years. I'm hoping Williams will be that guy next year.

We just need our WRs to worry about actually CATCHING the ball first and foremost consistently.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure players on other teams will probably be able to "catch them" every now and then. I'm not only concerned with their size but when they post pics like this their size-or lack thereof- definitely stands out. It's not fair to compare our guys(especially freshmen) to NFL players but if you want to bring it up I just have to stop you there. Those guys that you're speaking of in the NFL are nowhere near being as skinny as our guys in the pics...that's just fact.

O-Mac had a slender build but if you saw him standing shirtless next to the guys in the pics you'd be blown away. Dude would look like a bodybuilder in comparison.

Of course we need our receivers to be able to catch and run with the football, but to think that's all there is to the position is just plain wrong.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure players on other teams will probably be able to "catch them" every now and then. I'm not only concerned with their size but when they post pics like this their size-or lack thereof- definitely stands out. It's not fair to compare our guys(especially freshmen) to NFL players but if you want to bring it up I just have to stop you there. Those guys that you're speaking of in the NFL are nowhere near being as skinny as our guys in the pics...that's just fact.

O-Mac had a slender build but if you saw him standing shirtless next to the guys in the pics you'd be blown away. Dude would look like a bodybuilder in comparison.

Of course we need our receivers to be able to catch and run with the football, but to think that's all there is to the position is just plain wrong.

NFL players were once college players correct? AJ Green..Wes Welker...Percy Harvin...Jordy Nelson...Victor Cruz..all once college players that are doing just fine in the NFL. Many of those guys were the size of our WRs. All i'm saying is give these guys some time. 1st year..new coaches...new S&C program. They are not going to get to the size some would like overnight. Our guys have been under developed at every position for over 4 years and un-training and re-programing has been done and will continue to do so. I'm personally more concerend if they can catch on a regular basis more than anything b/c we need WRs to step it up in a big way. After all that is one of the major goals of the WR position and no one else other than Blake seemed to do that on regular basis.

NFL players were once college players correct? AJ Green..Wes Welker...Percy Harvin...Jordy Nelson...Victor Cruz..all once college players that are doing just fine in the NFL. Many of those guys were the size of our WRs. All i'm saying is give these guys some time. 1st year..new coaches...new S&C program. They are not going to get to the size some would like overnight. Our guys have been under developed at every position for over 4 years and un-training and re-programing has been done and will continue to do so. I'm personally more concerend if they can catch on a regular basis more than anything b/c we need WRs to step it up in a big way.

Sorry I thought you were comparing our WRs size NOW with NFL players, not those NFL players physiques while in college.

I'm all about giving them some time and I have no doubt that they will progress with coach Russell but the fact remains that those boys are undersized. Plain and simple. That's all I meant by my comments. I'm not going to call out any players specifically but a couple of those guys have been in our program for a couple of years now and just don't look like they've been a part of a collegiate weight and nutrition program.

One last comment then I'm going to let this fizzle out... It seems like some of y'all don't think these guys were ever allowed to hit the weights before arriving on college campuses. Of course their bodies are going to change dramatically while in college with better weight programs, nutrition etc. , but don't fool yourselves into thinking that they came from the powder puff league straight to Auburn. When I played there were some straight up scary dudes that I played with and against. There are some seriously built high school athletes out there. Just look at a few of the guys that we brought in this year...straight up animals. They don't have to be starting from square 1 just because they're freshmen.

If the choice is this, here is my pick.

[ X ] tall on the thin side wide receivers that can catch the ball

[ ] tall on the heavier side wide receivers that can't catch the ball

Fixed that for you. WDE!

:hellyeah:

I do believe Gus has already said twitter was a privilege.Gabe may be losing that soon.

Lose his twitter privilege for stating "we embrace the grind" or did I miss something?

I do believe Gus has already said twitter was a privilege.Gabe may be losing that soon.

Lose his twitter privilege for stating "we embrace the grind" or did I miss something?

I think he was refrencing how Gabe took a very slight shot at the old staff. i don't think his twitter should be revoke for it though.

Why, for saying "no disrespect to the old coaching staff..."?

Really?

Archived