2013 3* WR Dominic Walker signs with AU!

ellitor

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great way to kick off the weekend! I expect 2 to 3 more by Sunday.

While it could happen. I don't I think it will. Ford will go home before he decides anything. It's not a given Clark gets an offer. Griffin has grade concerns and may just be looking for a school that will let him in, Walton plans on waiting til midweek next week to commit, and the coaches may ask Bell to hold off on flipping cuz they are still working on Golson.

Green is next! WDE

I hope you have a LEG to stand on Sir!!!

Green is next! WDE

I hope you have a LEG to stand on Sir!!!

LOL...wishful prediction

Are we going to play him in a different position, if we recieve another WR commit? I just watched a video of him playing nickel back and lb.

From my observation Gus wants depth out the yingyang at WR. He loves physical, blocking WRs. Walker fits that pretty well. I'd be surprised to see him anywhere else.

Are we going to play him in a different position, if we recieve another WR commit? I just watched a video of him playing nickel back and lb.

Gus wants him as a big physical receiver and to block on plays like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nCXR5cUDmrU

Question, this is my first year actually following recruiting but it seems to me that we are picking up a lot of players this year that could use 20-30 lbs. of bulk i understand this is the case for a lot of freshman players but it oddly seems like we are doing it more than usual. So i guess to circle back to the question is it normal or is it an odd year?

Question, this is my first year actually following recruiting but it seems to me that we are picking up a lot of players this year that could use 20-30 lbs. of bulk i understand this is the case for a lot of freshman players but it oddly seems like we are doing it more than usual. So i guess to circle back to the question is it normal or is it an odd year?

Normal. Since these kids are 17-18 most are nowhere near filled out yet.

Thanks E that's what i assumed.

That also goes back to the point I made in the JUCO thread. We have to get to the point where we are depending on the upperclassmen for most of the starting positions while we are giving the underclassmen a chance to develop. These JUCOs give Gus more depth in the upperclass to be able to do that.

That also goes back to the point I made in the JUCO thread. We have to get to the point where we are depending on the upperclassmen for most of the starting positions while we are giving the underclassmen a chance to develop. These JUCOs give Gus more depth in the upperclass to be able to do that.

Agreed, another factor that isn't being mentioned much although it isn't a secret is that these kids will likely play with a chip on their shoulder coming from JUCO

Yes. I believe in Gus's tactics here regardless of how it turns out. We really need help in some area and Gus is getting us resources the fastest way possible. Sound reasoning in my opinion.

Agreed, another factor that isn't being mentioned much although it isn't a secret is that these kids will likely play with a chip on their shoulder coming from JUCO

Yes, good point. These JUCOs have something to prove and only have 2 years to do it. Because of that they usually have good attitudes and are serious about doing their job. I have always liked select JUCOs to plug needs in the upperclass created by the attrition or under-performance in previous classes.

Now this is funny....

"They were very mad," Walker told The Orlando Sentinel. "But I thought I had to call them like a real man should. "Yeah, they were mad. Coach Pelini said 'Best of luck. You're going to need it.' Coach Fisher said, 'I can’t believe you.' It was really awkward."

Now this is funny....

"They were very mad," Walker told The Orlando Sentinel. "But I thought I had to call them like a real man should. "Yeah, they were mad. Coach Pelini said 'Best of luck. You're going to need it.' Coach Fisher said, 'I can’t believe you.' It was really awkward."

What an attractive last minute pitch?!! I'm surprised he didn't flip back with such a convincing natural salesmen like Pelini and Fisher throwing their best stuff at him.

War Eagle. I know we didn't have qb to get our receivers the ball last year but we were still desperately in need of some quality guys who could lay some blocks, this is a step in that direction.

Archived