2013 3* WR Dominic Walker signs with AU!

ellitor

Are we going to play him in a different position, if we recieve another WR commit? I just watched a video of him playing nickel back and lb.

Gus wants him as a big physical receiver and to block on plays like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nCXR5cUDmrU

Thanks.

This is one of the reasons I check older posts I've missed.

I appreciate the info.

WD

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we going to play him in a different position, if we recieve another WR commit? I just watched a video of him playing nickel back and lb.

Gus wants him as a big physical receiver and to block on plays like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nCXR5cUDmrU

Thanks.

This is one of the reasons I check older posts I've missed.

I appreciate the info.

WD

same here NBham

Now this is funny....

"They were very mad," Walker told The Orlando Sentinel. "But I thought I had to call them like a real man should. "Yeah, they were mad. Coach Pelini said 'Best of luck. You're going to need it.' Coach Fisher said, 'I can’t believe you.' It was really awkward."

http://www.orlandose...,0,4009397.post

Quote from article

"He said me and Tony can be just like we were in high school. ... Tony on one side and me on the other. We're two different types of receivers, so he said we won't be competing against each other," Walker said. "Coach Craig, they let him kind of go out and recruit his guys since he knows Florida and he really hand picked us. He saw the receivers he wanted to go out and get and he recruited us hard.

"I've gotten to know him real well these past few weeks. We've been talking like three or four times every day. I like how he talks about things and he has a good way of phrasing stuff. He came to my house for the in-home visit and let my mom know what things would be like for me at Auburn and she fell in love with his words, too."

If that is exactly what was said during their conversation, this young man was more of the grown up than the coaches about this situation. You have to give it to the young man on the way he handled it. His reasoning about having his family see him play, etc... should have been recognized by Nebraska coaching.

The Nebraska coaches reactions IMO signals an unprofessional exasperation. Im sure its hard to not get emotionally entangled in the recruiting game but good grief, their reaction reflects an emotional response that is borderline desperate. I hope our coaches are more professional than that..especially insulting were the cheap shots about "Auburn's going on probation, good luck you're going to need it" I always thought Pellini was an asshat that remark just confirms what a little crap weasel he really is!

The Nebraska coaches reactions IMO signals an unprofessional exasperation. Im sure its hard to not get emotionally entangled in the recruiting game but good grief, their reaction reflects an emotional response that is borderline desperate. I hope our coaches are more professional than that..especially insulting were the cheap shots about "Auburn's going on probation, good luck you're going to need it" I always thought Pellini was an asshat that remark just confirms what a little crap weasel he really is!

+1

+1

I totally agree if he said that; however I feel like maybe what was posted by the newspapers, etc. is probably edited to get the best story out there, but again if he did say that, then he is immature and should be very ashamed.

IMO this is a perfect example of (now presumably) landing a recruit that's more important than his stars/accolades. Like the RB/receiver we need badly (but don't yet have) on the roster for Gusball, WR/blockers like this athlete are CRITICAL in Malzahn's offenses. Good pick up.

+1

I totally agree if he said that; however I feel like maybe what was posted by the newspapers, etc. is probably edited to get the best story out there, but again if he did say that, then he is immature and should be very ashamed.

That stuff was posted straight from Dominics personal tweets, not news stories. FWIW

• 2 weeks later...

Signed!!!!

War Eagle!!!

Welcome to the Auburn Family Dominic and War Eagle!!!! I wish you the very best of everything in the future!!

Another tall WR.

• 2 years later...

Archived