2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

His "apology" seems rather lame to me: "And TIGER Nation I know you mad but SORRY. But I love y'all you might nt love me but it's ok you hate me it's ok just want to let y'all know" "Tiger Nation?" Really? smh And he also apologized to UGa for getting their hopes up and to the updykes for being a brat. Good grief. He doesn't need to apologize to any fan base for going where he wants to go, but his "apologies" sound egotistical.

And I agree with an earlier poster regarding the Birmingham schools. The Auburn school system is so much better it isn't even funny. I've heard a rumor that Ms. Paige got a job in Birmingham, but I don't know if there is any validity to it. I haven't heard that she works for AU. I heard that she works at a local restaurant, but, again, no idea if this is true. Not that it really matters any way.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just all agree that RF did not handle the recruiting process very well......almost all of it from his own doing....and move on. I hold no ill will toward him and I truly believe him when he apoligized via twitter today. I think he was confused and really wanted to please everyone. But he's a turd now and I hope he takes advantage of the free education he is about to receive. As far as football goes for him, I could care less.

Blasphemy!! ;)

Let's just all agree that RF did not handle the recruiting process very well......almost all of it from his own doing....and move on. I hold no ill will toward him and I truly believe him when he apoligized via twitter today. I think he was confused and really wanted to please everyone. But he's a turd now and I hope he takes advantage of the free education he is about to receive. As far as football goes for him, I could care less.

I agree with you. At least some in the state are happy for him......

tumblr_lvg2dtCf7E1qa44x0o1_500.jpg

Go Reuben go....

His "apology" seems rather lame to me: "And TIGER Nation I know you mad but SORRY. But I love y'all you might nt love me but it's ok you hate me it's ok just want to let y'all know" "Tiger Nation?" Really? smh And he also apologized to UGa for getting their hopes up and to the updykes for being a brat. Good grief. He doesn't need to apologize to any fan base for going where he wants to go, but his "apologies" sound egotistical.

And I agree with an earlier poster regarding the Birmingham schools. The Auburn school system is so much better it isn't even funny. I've heard a rumor that Ms. Paige got a job in Birmingham, but I don't know if there is any validity to it. I haven't heard that she works for AU. I heard that she works at a local restaurant, but, again, no idea if this is true. Not that it really matters any way.

He's an immature kid right now - He better get ready to grow up quick, he's about to become a new punching bag for those veterans on that uat squad. It's all up to him to make the best of his opportunity - that program moves at a rapid pace, you either grasp the system and the playbook at lightening speed or you WILL be passed over. Because there are literally a dozen others on that roster that are equal in talent and potential to RF. Good luck to him.

What amuses me about Foster is this. He is an attention hound. Going to Auburn, with his abilities, he would have been BMOC. But at bamr, with all the talent bamr has stacked, he'll just be another face.

Go Reuben go....

That's funny. I don't care who you are........

(complete with the mullet wig. LMAO)

Go Reuben go....

So glad someone got a decent pic of this. I saw him a few times at the Iron Bowl a couple of years ago, but couldn't get a good pic. So funny!

What amuses me about Foster is this. He is an attention hound. Going to Auburn, with his abilities, he would have been BMOC. But at bamr, with all the talent bamr has stacked, he'll just be another face.

My thoughts exactly.

I feel the exact same way about him. He could've been one badass mofo on AU's defense - he would have been a standout player here immediately. Over there, he'll be lucky to see the field on special teams his first yr. And, maybe if he can pickup Smart/Saban's defensive playbook quickly he may get to play his true position as a true-sophmore. He had to know he was jumping into a ring full of players that have just as much if not more talent than he has. :dunno:

Hey mods....is it OK now for me to say that I think AU dodged a bullet with this guy? Nothing personal, but when was the last time any recruit going to any school who put on this kind of show during the recruiting process lived up to expectations?

No surprise to anyone with even a small decernment gene that he was going to commit to Bama the other night and I was hoping he would come out with a baby elephant ( as per Crowell's puppy) but probably he could not find one on short notice. But, RF had more imagination than I expected and showed up in his NS outfit on signing day. I mean, how many of you saw that coming?

Sure some of these guys that start out with the view that they are bigger than the team have brief flash ...but eventually the "look at me" business wears thin with teammates and they end up somewhere other than where they started.

I say again, it's not personal....just like my view of Michael Vick is not personal ...but I'm sure glad he is somewhere else.

The best linebacker uat has signed will be buried on the depth chart. Hands down. Do you guys listen to yourself?

Now I know alot of you still posting here beleive that uat should comprise the first 10-15 picks in the draft, however, did you see what aTm did in tuscaloosa without LSU talent? If these coaches develope talent like we expect then his chances at AU are not much better than uat for this season.

Yes, I was worried what would happen when rf got to AU if it didnt go his way. Not our problem anymore, and t-town has every bit the means to bury the kid and his family if he acts up. Would have been happier if he left the state - because we all know the potential.

758 pages can we let it go....... I

753 - time for new reading glasses ?

:-\ Given that this IS the 758th page of this thread FHeal, I think we know who needs reading glasses! :blink:

Besides, Golf is WAAAAAAAYY beyond the reading glasses stage. Think "BIG magnifying glass!!"

old-man-reading-with-magnifying-glass.jpg

Just one final question for my Auburn family... If Reuben does not qualify and has to go to prep school or even Junior College. Hypothetically, would you support this new staff in continuing to recruit Reuben?

P.S. Mark Murphy stated at the GBAC on Tuesday night that he would not bet on Reuben qualifying. And he just made it even tougher on himself since he's an Alabama signee trying to get qualified at Auburn High School.

Why is this guy still taking up space on this message board? Delete anything to do with him please.

Builder: That's why this is in the "Rivals Recruiting" side of the house. We're not deleting the thread. If you don't want to read it or see it, walk on by! War Eagle!

Just one final question for my Auburn family... If Reuben does not qualify and has to go to prep school or even Junior College. Hypothetically, would you support this new staff in continuing to recruit Reuben?

P.S. Mark Murphy stated at the GBAC on Tuesday night that he would not bet on Reuben qualifying. And he just made it even tougher on himself since he's an Alabama signee trying to get qualified at Auburn High School.

I'll risk the wrath of bumping the thread and ask, what are you implying here?

758 pages can we let it go....... I

753 - time for new reading glasses ?

:-\ Given that this IS the 758th page of this thread FHeal, I think we know who needs reading glasses! :blink:

Besides, Golf is WAAAAAAAYY beyond the reading glasses stage. Think "BIG magnifying glass!!"

Mine says 753 as well. Maybe we have somebody blocked who made 5 pages of material in the thread?

Archived