Gray King (Walk on)

AubTigers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great kid, very fast with great hands. I'm sure his size limited his offers. With 4.4 speed, I think our trainer can work with him to develop into a stronger physical player. He may have a role in punt returns, WR, or backfield. Sometimes those small fast guys can hit those seams. He also had a preferred walk-on offer from Ga Tech I believe.

Greg King ... Tre Smith...? hmmm

If he's half the player Tre Smith was he's needed. Tre's one of the most unsung Auburn players I can think of. As our 3d string RB (when Ronnie et al were dinged up) he ran all over Bama @ Jordan Hare West. Not sure if he was player of that game but he should have been.

Always nice to get a talented kid with something to prove. As a walk-on we know he isn't going to go through the motions.

Danny Woodhead, but with a cool name. King seems to have exceptional skills and heart. Why wouldn't you want a guy like him on your team?

If he's half the player Tre Smith was he's needed. Tre's one of the most unsung Auburn players I can think of. As our 3d string RB (when Ronnie et al were dinged up) he ran all over Bama @ Jordan Hare West. Not sure if he was player of that game but he should have been.

Here:

And for a special treat here's the highlights - with Jim Fyffe calling the plays! (warning; it's long. 18:48)

• 1 year later...

Danny Woodhead, but with a cool name. King seems to have exceptional skills and heart. Why wouldn't you want a guy like him on your team?

And a guys who's last name is Woodhead doesn't have a cool name?? C'mon! :)

Here:

And for a special treat here's the highlights - with Jim Fyffe calling the plays! (warning; it's long. 18:48)

So glad we have HD now! What a game, though.

Here:

So glad we have HD now! What a game, though.

Man that has me pumped up and it's only March. I miss the smothering defenses like we had back in those days. I love listening to Jim call the games too. WAR EAGLE!

Is it just me or do all of the bama qbs look alike? Lol

Oh, he WAS the player of the game that day, I don't care if the broadcasting crew gave it to him or not...

Oh, he WAS the player of the game that day, I don't care if the broadcasting crew gave it to him or not...

yes indeed. Him and Cooper Wallace moving over to play FB.

If Gray King is the best option at punt returner this season, put him back there and let him run.

yes indeed. Him and Cooper Wallace moving over to play FB.

If Gray King is the best option at punt returner this season, put him back there and let him run.

Gray has excellent moves and good speed. I doubt he has the speed Truitt carries though. Maybe Gray is more sure handed. Pretty amazing this kid is actually looking at PT. Marist is a very good program in GA. They play a lot of kids Gray's size (undersized) and usually have 1 or 2 fairly highly recruited kids on the team as well.

Pretty amazing this kid is actually looking at PT.

I feel that I should warn everyone that spring practice is typically the time you'll hear about walk-ons being in serious contention for playing time. Most of the time nothing materializes. I wouldn't take much of what is being said as literal at this time of the year.

I feel that I should warn everyone that spring practice is typically the time you'll hear about walk-ons being in serious contention for playing time. Most of the time nothing materializes. I wouldn't take much of what is being said as literal at this time of the year.

Agreed.

Motivation for the more established guys?

And praise for the hard work of players paying their own way, as well.

And praise for the hard work of players paying their own way, as well.

:thumbsup:

Archived