Snapshot of the SEC - past 5 years

BornAU76

Saw this posted at BSPN...http://espn.go.com/b...ears-in-the-sec

I would like to see us closer to the top over the next 5 years. We were 18-23 in the conference...that's not gonna cut it.

(oops, I didn't know the formatting would get all wonky, but here is our stats...ranked 8th out of 12. Ouch!)

SEC Over the Past Five Seasons

Overall Pct. vs SEC SEC CG app. SEC titles BCS titles AP Top 25 finishes

Auburn

38-26 .594 18-23 1 1 1 1

Saw this posted at BSPN...http://espn.go.com/b...ears-in-the-sec

I would like to see us closer to the top over the next 5 years. We were 18-23 in the conference...that's not gonna cut it.

SEC Over the Past Five Seasons

Team Overall W-L Pct. vs. SEC teams SEC champ game app. SEC titles National titles AP Top 25 finishes Alabama 61-7 .897 38-6 3 2 3 5 Florida 52-15 .776 30-12 2 1 1 3 LSU 51-15 .773 29-13 1 1 0 4 Georgia 46-21 .687 27-15 2 0 0 3 South Carolina 44-21 .677 24-17 1 0 0 3 Missouri 41-23 .641 N/A 0 0 0 3 Arkansas 38-25 .603 19-21 0 0 0 2 Auburn 38-26 .594 18-23 1 1 1 1 Texas A&M 37-27 .578 N/A 0 0 0 2 Mississippi State 33-30 .524 15-25 0 0 0 1 Ole Miss 31-32 .492 13-27 0 0 0 2 Tennessee 28-34 .452 12-28 0 0 0 0 Kentucky 27-36 .429 9-31 0 0 0 0 Vanderbilt 25-37 .403 12-28 0 0 0 1

If you remove Mizzou from that list, AU & UT wouldn't make the "Big 6" of SEC. Something just ain't right about that - - Arky & SoCarl have replaced AU & UT in the Big 6?????

This NEEDS to look different in 5 years, i.e. Auburn, bama, LSU, FL, thUGA and USCe and yes I think A&M are in there. I'm not buying into the ole miss propoganda.

Guys, five years is catching Auburn at a bad time. Those five years include two seasons after which the head coach was let go. Going into last season, over ten years Auburn had more SEC wins than any other team in the SEC west. It ain't all that bad, it's just that the 5 year timeframe is unfortunate for Auburn.

Guys, five years is catching Auburn at a bad time. Those five years include two seasons after which the head coach was let go. Going into last season, over ten years Auburn had more SEC wins than any other team in the SEC west. It ain't all that bad, it's just that the 5 year timeframe is unfortunate for Auburn.

It's pretty damn bad, IMO. Let's go back 10 (TEN) years and take a look.

AU's record vs our main rival teams that we play EVERY year:

from 2003-2012

vs Arky 5-5

vs LSU 3-7

vs UGA 3-7

vs UAT 6-4

We have a winning record against one of these teams in the last 10 yrs - just so happens the one team we have a winning record against in the last decade is the one team that most AU folks seem more focused on than the others that have kicked our ass. (LSU/UGA)

I've been posting/preaching for years that Auburn people should be a whole lot more concerned and focused on LSU/UGA and even Arky and stop whining and worrying about what UAT & Saban are doing 24-7. :banghead:

I understand your point about focusing on other teams besides Bama. But, if we are doing everything we can to beat Bama and this happens. All the rest will fall into place. Because if you are beating Bama (right now), that means you have a strong team and will most likely beat the other teams as well.

Yes its a bad specific 5 year period we are looking at, however a recruit's memory and 'tradition' of a program is pretty much capped at 5 years. None of these recruits these days care about Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams and other greats that make up Auburn's recent tradition. The incoming class of recruits would have been right around 9 years old during the 2004 season.

In short, this is bad for recruiting and just overall bad that Auburn has slipped this far. We are EXTREMELY fortunate that we have a BCS National Championship/Heisman in very recent memory and that Cam Newton is a prominent figure that you can find in the media.

I understand your point about focusing on other teams besides Bama. But, if we are doing everything we can to beat Bama and this happens. All the rest will fall into place. Because if you are beating Bama (right now), that means you have a strong team and will most likely beat the other teams as well.

All too many times people can't see the forrest for the trees. When you go 0'fer in the SEC - the focus should be on beating the little guys (MSU/OM/Vandy) first, then take Arky, then on to LSU/UAT/UGA. This program hit the bottom of the mountain about 2-3 months ago - it makes more sense to climb back up and face each foe you come up against than to focus on the guys that are perched at the top of the mountain.

Of course, that's just one fans perspective. I'm nothing more than a arm-chair spectator that hates like hell to see the AU fanbase knash their teeth over UAT/Saban all the time when clowns like Les Miles and Mark Richt have caused our program more damage and humiliation over the last 10 yrs. ;)

All too many times people can't see the forrest for the trees. When you go 0'fer in the SEC - the focus should be on beating the little guys (MSU/OM/Vandy) first, then take Arky, then on to LSU/UAT/UGA. This program hit the bottom of the mountain about 2-3 months ago - it makes more sense to climb back up and face each foe you come up against than to focus on the guys that are perched at the top of the mountain.

Of course, that's just one fans perspective. I'm nothing more than a arm-chair spectator that hates like hell to see the AU fanbase knash their teeth over UAT/Saban all the time when clowns like Les Miles and Mark Richt have caused our program more damage and humiliation over the last 10 yrs. ;)

I agree keesler. I am tired of losing to UGA especially.

^^This. I remember when losing to Georgia by 22 points was considered humiliating. Then the next year, they beat us by 25. Three years later, by 38, and the next year by 38 again. At this point I care more about the Georgia rivalry than the Bama rivalry.

During the 5 years before this frame, we had an SEC record of 32-9--the second best record in the SEC (besides LSU). Basically, Tubs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chizik (w/o Malzahn).

Guys there's a reason Chizik is gone, don't go into panic mode over what the guy we just got rid of did. Auburn will rise to the top of the SEC for a few years and we'll be back down again, it's the way it is.

Look at Alabama the 5 years before Dick Satan got there.

There's no way we've won MORE SEC games than LSwho over the last decade. I call shenanigans on that one.

Of course, that's just one fans perspective. I'm nothing more than a arm-chair spectator that hates like hell to see the AU fanbase knash their teeth over UAT/Saban all the time when clowns like Les Miles and Mark Richt have caused our program more damage and humiliation over the last 10 yrs. ;)/>

I agree keesler. I am tired of losing to UGA especially.

Me too. Must ppl don't realize they tied us last year for the all-time series lead and can take the lead this year ON OUR HOMEFIELD.

Archived