The Hit

The Prowler

All I asked was what quarter it was in...THAT'S IT!

And since you're insinuating that the picture of the big hit is classless, are you saying that the actual play was classless?  :huh:

121247[/snapback]

Yes, it was the third quarter. No, I don't think the play was classless. I'll change it up so you can see it in a non bias way. If Jason Cambell was knocked out in next weeks game, I would find it very classless and tasteless to have my sig showing Campbell laying on the ground out cold. I'm sure his parents and friends was worried sick while he was lying there motionless. I find it classless to celebrate a kid getting hurt on either side of the ball.

121254[/snapback]

Football is a violent sport. Brown walked away from the hit, had he been seriously injured the sig would have stayed as Ronnie running over Allen. Do you bama fans forget that your on an AU football board???

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying it wasn't a big hit. It was monster shot. Seriously though, you guys would be ok if the scenerio I put up happened? If I had a picture of Carnell lying on the ground with a broken leg, you guys wouldn't call it classless?

I cant believe you guys think its cool to have a sig pic of a guy unconcious after a concussion provided by what was an obvious illegal hit.

Big hits happen. If carnell breaks his leg next week...ill be sure to put the picture of it in my sig.

Oh wait...im not classless...

That hit in the nfl = $30k fine.

Whether it was illegal or not doesnt really matter. Instead of finding a picture that celebrates the win...you find a picture that celebrates sending a guy to the hospital to have his neck xrayed.

So that hit was illegal now?  Sheesh....

121273[/snapback]

If it was the NFL, Junior would be coming off of about $30000-$50000 for that hit. Especially after the uncalled for "cheap shot" on Gibson earlier in the game.

So where were you guys after SLink posts a picture of Taylor getting belted with a headshot in last year's UGA game. It didn't give Taylor a concussion but it was still a big hit that would've gotten a fine in the NFL as you guys put it...

Brown got up, his x-rays were for precautionary reasons. This is football, a violent sport. I don't understand...

I cant believe you guys think its cool to have a sig pic of a guy unconcious after a concussion provided by what was an obvious illegal hit.

Big hits happen. If carnell breaks his leg next week...ill be sure to put the picture of it in my sig.

Oh wait...im not classless...

121263[/snapback]

You bammer fans surprise me, illegal hit????? You gotta be kiddin'. JR laid out Reggie Brown, b/c he hit him in the head with his.....IT'S FREAKIN' FOOTBALL. It's only illegal if it's a helmet to helmet on the QB. We ain't talkin' about Futbol (Soccer), were talkin' about Two Hard hittin' football teams, he wasn't wearing a Crimson Vest :puke::ua: over his jersey (for injured players). I mean Come on.......

I'm not saying it wasn't a big hit.  It was monster shot.  Seriously though, you guys would be ok if the scenerio I put up happened?  If I had a picture of Carnell lying on the ground with a broken leg, you guys wouldn't call it classless?

121262[/snapback]

Brown broke a bone??? I missed that. :rolleyes:

Oops I forgot. Bama has monoply on 2 things: class and excuses. You guys just will whine about anything. Bama fans whining on an Auburn football board, wow. What's next cats sleeping with dogs??? How the mighty have fallen.

:au:

I'm not saying it wasn't a big hit.  It was monster shot.  Seriously though, you guys would be ok if the scenerio I put up happened?  If I had a picture of Carnell lying on the ground with a broken leg, you guys wouldn't call it classless?

121262[/snapback]

121281[/snapback]

What's the difference between a broken bone and a player lying unconcious?

121262[/snapback]

121281[/snapback]

WOW........JR can hit like a Freight Train.....Hits a player in the head and his leg breaks.....Sheesh. I was eatin' a Steak and nearly choked, b/c of that hit. I was going Ape Sh--, Sounded like a Cannon going off........BOOOMMMMM

Personally I wouldn't have a picture of a down player in my sig. Now if it was at the time of impact that'd be something else - but to see an injured player lying on the field just goes a bit to far for me. That being said, it doesn't offend me either. As far as "classless" is concerned I think J-H and the AU fans showed a great deal of class and compassion in how they reacted to what could have been a serious injury.

As for the hit - it was legit. Frequently DBs try to get their headgear on the ball to jar it loose. The reciever was on the way down when he got hit. I think it was far from being intentional.

A picture of someone with something broken is usually "graphic in nature". Someone lying still isn't exactly "graphic" I guess...I don't know.

Personally I wouldn't have a picture of a down player in my sig.  Now if it was at the time of impact that'd be something else - but to see an injured player lying on the field just goes a bit to far for me.  That being said, it doesn't offend me either.  As far as "classless" is concerned I think J-H and the AU fans showed a great deal of class and compassion in how they reacted to what could have been a serious injury.

121285[/snapback]

I agree 100% and I don't think the fans at J-H was classless at all. They did show a great deal of class and compassion when Brown was walking off the field.

As for the hit - it was legit. Frequently DBs try to get their headgear on the ball to jar it loose. The reciever was on the way down when he got hit. I think it was far from being intentional.

I said earlier that I'm not calling Junior a dirty player because I've never seen him play dirty before. BUT, after seeing the hit on Gibson earlier in the game, I don't think for one second he wasn't head hunting to make a statement. The guy was playing with fire!!

I think some of you guys are trying to downplay the hit on Brown as not being serious. Concussions are very serious. Southlink can help me out on this one, but didn't UGA have a player named DeCory Bryant that doesn't play anymore because of a concussion? I may be wrong.

Yeah youre right

If we had brodie

If we had Guillon

If we had Hudson

If we had Castille

If we had Cavan

If LeRon doesnt sprain his ankle

If Darby doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Britt doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Charlie Peprah doesnt play with a pulled hamstring

If we werent already down 20 scholarships

If LSU doesnt have only 3 penalties for 15 yards

If the ref doesnt cheat and calls the game changing penalty

How bout this...if, in 3 losses this year, Ark, USC, and LSU dont combine for 4 penalties for 20 yards....

shall i continue?

You act like we are just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.

121222[/snapback]

:D:D:D:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thank you bama! i really needed that laugh. this is really getting ridiculous.

mods pleases put this in the classics forum under the label "classic bama."

i love it!

and once again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Personally I wouldn't have a picture of a down player in my sig.  Now if it was at the time of impact that'd be something else - but to see an injured player lying on the field just goes a bit to far for me.  That being said, it doesn't offend me either.  As far as "classless" is concerned I think J-H and the AU fans showed a great deal of class and compassion in how they reacted to what could have been a serious injury.

121285[/snapback]

I agree 100% and I don't think the fans at J-H was classless at all. They did show a great deal of class and compassion when Brown was walking off the field.

I said earlier that I'm not calling Junior a dirty player because I've never seen him play dirty before. BUT, after seeing the hit on Gibson earlier in the game, I don't think for one second he wasn't head hunting to make a statement. The guy was playing with fire!!

121287[/snapback]

That's how we do it Round Here :hammerin::angryfire:

By all means, don't change it because of us. Iron Bowl week is upon us, and I doubt I'll agree with any of you for the rest of the week. ;);)

I don't. I think I might've been 4 when that game was played.

Archived