The Hit

The Prowler

I can't remember who it was that wanted a picture perfect hit on a Georgia Player. But that hit on Reggie Brown from Jr...........HUGE. I'd love to get that Picture. WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE!! And How 'Bout 'Dem Tigers :au::lsu: . That defender didn't push off. HA HA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember who it was that wanted a picture perfect hit on a Georgia Player.  But that hit on Reggie Brown from Jr...........HUGE.  I'd love to get that Picture.  WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE!!  And How 'Bout 'Dem Tigers  :au:   :lsu: .  That defender didn't push off.  HA HA

121199[/snapback]

Bama got away with cheap shots for years.... that didnt lose the game for them, but they only amassed 50 yards after that.

;)

Can you say down 17-6 with two crappy QBs against a really good defense? If the ref doesnt cheat on that non call...we wouldnt need but 50 yards to win the game.

sorry, im not a sore loser...but that cost us the game. We were killing LSU before that.

No, the cheapshot was when he hit Gibson on the sideline in the back. Very high too, I might add. Thankfully for Junior, he hit Brown in the helmet and not the back or chest. Leading with the helmet can get you seriously hurt.

I might be wrong in saying this, but I love hearing Alabamer fans complaining. If we had Brodie, Ray, T. Castille, If Justin Smiley hadn't left early, If we still had The Bear, If Price hadn't gone to FL., we'd be undefeated, and now this......I'll just respond to say yea it'd be 26-13 (Maybe). :D

a fast developing play for certain, but not a cheap shot.  JR has never been known for that either.

121208[/snapback]

Nah that was a clean shot....that's a shot that defenders salivate over. I'm glad Reggie is OK. I told my pops that he had a Severe Stinger and a probably a Minor or Major Concussion. The way he fell........I'd say a Major Concussion. But yeah, one heck of a hit.

I might be wrong in saying this, but I love hearing Alabamer fans complaining.  If we had Brodie, Ray, T. Castille, If Justin Smiley hadn't left early, If we still had The Bear, If Price hadn't gone to FL., we'd be undefeated, and now this......I'll just respond to say yea it'd be 26-13 (Maybe).  :D

121213[/snapback]

Did you see the call? Are you saying it didn't change the entire game?

Yeah youre right

If we had brodie

If we had Guillon

If we had Hudson

If we had Castille

If we had Cavan

If LeRon doesnt sprain his ankle

If Darby doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Britt doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Charlie Peprah doesnt play with a pulled hamstring

If we werent already down 20 scholarships

If LSU doesnt have only 3 penalties for 15 yards

If the ref doesnt cheat and calls the game changing penalty

How bout this...if, in 3 losses this year, Ark, USC, and LSU dont combine for 4 penalties for 20 yards....

shall i continue?

You act like we are just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.

I might be wrong in saying this, but I love hearing Alabamer fans complaining.  If we had Brodie, Ray, T. Castille, If Justin Smiley hadn't left early, If we still had The Bear, If Price hadn't gone to FL., we'd be undefeated, and now this......I'll just respond to say yea it'd be 26-13 (Maybe).   :D

121213[/snapback]

121220[/snapback]

Yes I saw the right No Call. Both defenders had their hands on each other, the ball was thrown off, and the UAT WR. slipt. Yes it looked like the LSU DB. pushed 'em, but with my DVR I can watch the replay over and over, and I never saw the DB. retract and push, I saw a bad pass and the WR slip. So did the Ref.

Did you see the call?  Are you saying it didn't change the entire game?

I saw the play but I don't remember what quarter it was in? Which was it? 3rd?

Did you see the call?  Are you saying it didn't change the entire game?

I saw the play but I don't remember what quarter it was in? Which was it? 3rd?

121225[/snapback]

I'm guessing you are going for the " It happened in the third quarter, it didn't win LSU the game" response. If not, I apologize for assuming that.

Now, if that is what you are going for, I don't think it's really anything to argue about. Football is a game of momentum. Bama went from being up 17-6, to getting very poor field position for the rest of the game. Obviously, the game didn't end in the third quarter, but it did change the game from there on out.

Yeah youre right

If we had brodie

If we had Guillon

If we had Hudson

If we had Castille

If we had Cavan

If LeRon doesnt sprain his ankle

If Darby doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Britt doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Charlie Peprah doesnt play with a pulled hamstring

If we werent already down 20 scholarships

If LSU doesnt have only 3 penalties for 15 yards

If the ref doesnt cheat and calls the game changing penalty

How bout this...if, in 3 losses this year, Ark, USC, and LSU dont combine for 4 penalties for 20 yards....

shall i continue?

You act like we are just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.

121222[/snapback]

Like I told my pops, If we win against UAT, I'll take it no matter if the Million Dollar Band has to suit up. I'm sure yall'd take a win over AU no matter if the Two Million Dollar Band has to suit up. If everyone on the UAT squad is banged up, it's still going to be a hum dinger, the same with our AU squad.

I might be wrong in saying this, but I love hearing Alabamer fans complaining.  If we had Brodie, Ray, T. Castille, If Justin Smiley hadn't left early, If we still had The Bear, If Price hadn't gone to FL., we'd be undefeated, and now this......I'll just respond to say yea it'd be 26-13 (Maybe).   :D

121213[/snapback]

121220[/snapback]

Yes I saw the right No Call. Both defenders had their hands on each other, the ball was thrown off, and the UAT WR. slipt. Yes it looked like the LSU DB. pushed 'em, but with my DVR I can watch the replay over and over, and I never saw the DB. retract and push, I saw a bad pass and the WR slip. So did the Ref.

121223[/snapback]

I saw the play 8 times. You are wrong.

121213[/snapback]

121220[/snapback]

121223[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: Okay, the defender was just stretching his arms out and didn't really touch the receiver. I'm not sure how the ref saw it, considering on every replay ESPN showed, he wasn't even watching the receiver or db. You might want to send your footage in to ESPN. Apparently they need it too, because they saw the same thing everyone else did.

So it happened in the 3rd quarter?

121238[/snapback]

Numa.......just come on out and say what you're getting at, so we can go ahead and kick off the Iron Bowl Week. :):)

121238[/snapback]

...Fulmer showed up (it's UT's off week) and conspired with Saban to defeat the Evil Empire... :blink:

THE END

121239[/snapback]

By the way, classy sig. Message sent, indeed.

The Receiver slipt, but Coach Kines that said holding a team to three and out is the same as getting a interception. I wonder if he thinks that now? It did change the momentum back to :lsu: . If the Ref would've seen it as a PI and if UAT would've punched it in or had to settled for a FG, it might've changed the entire game. But........If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts UAT would have a Marry Christmas

All I asked was what quarter it was in...THAT'S IT!

And since you're insinuating that the picture of the big hit is classless, are you saying that the actual play was classless? :huh:

121238[/snapback]

...Fulmer showed up (it's UT's off week) and conspired with Saban to defeat the Evil Empire... :blink:

THE END

121239[/snapback]

By the way, classy sig. Message sent, indeed.

121243[/snapback]

I should have added: :poke:

And since you're insinuating that the picture of the big hit is classless, are you saying that the actual play was classless?  :huh:

121247[/snapback]

I think that our Bama friends are just ultra-sensative when it come to any football related discussion. Classless??? Surely your joking.

He slipped because he was pushed down.

It was in the third quarter. We would have gone up 17-6 with about 20 mins left in the game. And the field position would have changed. And our defense is good...their qb play was abysmal before that play.

Look at the stats before that play happened. Yes we had a chance to get back in the game...but we couldnt win that game playing LSU AND trying to overcome what is probably the worst call ive ever seen.

But hey, we got our 10 points in the road in the 2nd quarter against LSU. Should have gotten 17 in the third...Considering our injury situation, id say thats pretty damn good.

And since you're insinuating that the picture of the big hit is classless, are you saying that the actual play was classless?  :huh:

121247[/snapback]

Yes, it was the third quarter. No, I don't think the play was classless. I'll change it up so you can see it in a non bias way. If Jason Cambell was knocked out in next weeks game, I would find it very classless and tasteless to have my sig showing Campbell laying on the ground out cold. I'm sure his parents and friends was worried sick while he was lying there motionless. I find it classless to celebrate a kid getting hurt on either side of the ball.

Archived