The Hit

The Prowler

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying it wasn't a big hit.  It was monster shot.  Seriously though, you guys would be ok if the scenerio I put up happened?  If I had a picture of Carnell lying on the ground with a broken leg, you guys wouldn't call it classless?

121262[/snapback]

Brown broke a bone??? I missed that. :rolleyes:

121281[/snapback]

What's the difference between a broken bone and a player lying unconcious?

121283[/snapback]

A broken bone is simply when a bone in the human body is broken. A player lying unconcious has nothing to do with a broken bone but i think has to do more with the head. I'm no doctor so don't quote me on that but I think I've pointed out the major differences.

obviously you Bama Fans who were NOT at the game don't know what you are talking about. First of all, it was a CLEAN hit. It was NOT replayed on the scoreboard. The CLASSY Auburn fans yelled the Georgia player's name during the incident. The CLASSY Auburn fans never want to see a guy hurt. Look at the earlier post on Brodie from OUR website. The UGA player walked off on his own power to a thunderous standing ovation from 87,000 fans. He didn't break his leg or have a season ending injury. Big hits happen in college football. Since he is OK and can play next week there is nothing wrong with posting it.

I might be wrong in saying this, but I love hearing Alabamer fans complaining.  If we had Brodie, Ray, T. Castille, If Justin Smiley hadn't left early, If we still had The Bear, If Price hadn't gone to FL., we'd be undefeated, and now this......I'll just respond to say yea it'd be 26-13 (Maybe).  :D

121213[/snapback]

Yea Right,

Like that's gonna really help a baby coach like Shula.

I cant believe you guys think its cool to have a sig pic of a guy unconcious after a concussion provided by what was an obvious illegal hit.

Big hits happen. If carnell breaks his leg next week...ill be sure to put the picture of it in my sig.

Oh wait...im not classless...

121263[/snapback]

It is unbelievably classless to have a sig pic of an unconscious player.

It wasn't an illegal hit though. EVERYONE, the announcers, the espn guys, EVERYONE said it was a clean hit.

Mark May said that is EXACTLY what you want your guys in the secondary to do. When players are moving that fast sheet happens. The helmet to helmet was incidental and not intentional.

I normally don't get involved with anything Bammer, however I thought it was clearly a push and the refs missed it. In the end though, I don't think that play had anything to do with the way Spears was playing. With the left side of Bammer's Of line hurting, LSU was going to wear them down anyway. They have two of the best D lines in the country. AU has the best TEAM in the country.

Heres hoping for a good clean game next week. Nothing like having home field advantage at - Jordan Hare West. WDE.

I cant believe you guys think its cool to have a sig pic of a guy unconcious after a concussion provided by what was an obvious illegal hit.

Big hits happen. If carnell breaks his leg next week...ill be sure to put the picture of it in my sig.

Oh wait...im not classless...

121263[/snapback]

Tell ya' what bg, I will be classless enough to post thast picture of YOUR "qb of the week." :big:

Two years ago, when we had no chance to beat Bama because Caddy and Ronnie were both injured, I remember Bo Jackson talking to our boys in the locker room. It was televised before the game. He said, and I QUOTE, "I want you to go out there on that field, and KNOCK SOMEBODY OUT."

I am very happy the Brown got up and walked off of that field. I was worried that he might actually be dead, because he looked just like Apollo Creed in Rocky IV. Seriously.

But this is a violent game, and everyone knows it. Junior Rosegreen was playing his hardest, and doing his job exactly the way he should have been. Lest we forget, GA was very much still in the game and driving on us. I don't give a crap who doesn't like it, especially Bammers.

Good job, Junior. You play with that intensity next week, and I'll bet we'll hear even more of this pansy-a$$ whining.

On the 'push off' penalty in the end zone, I've decided to give that call to the bammers. And as an extra special bonus, I'm also going to give them a 15 point gift certificate to be used toward the LSU game. I boxing them up right now and having them FedEx'd to Shula today.

Last thing I want to talk about is Bama.This isn't bama's time it's our's.You think you got cheated...well I've come to find out that every bama loss is felt that way no matter if it's true or not....so here's to cheating against bama next week.War Eagle

It happens after every Bama loss. BG, one of my favorite posters when Bama is winning and definitely my least favorite when they lose, comes on here and complains to us AUBURN FANS about something that went wrong in the ALABAMA loss. Please, BG, save that stuff for TI. Isn't it obvious that nobody on this board wants to hear it?

One call cannot cost you the game in a 16-point loss, because then you get into an "if this woulda happened, then this would happened, then this would happened..." scenario. There's no telling what would have happened on the very next play if the right call had been made. It was a bad call. It did swing the momentum. But great teams find a way to overcome that kind of adversity.

The AU Nation has no pity on your team. Bad calls happen. Injuries happen. Please, BG, go complain somewhere else.

PS - I'm really looking forward to the Iron Bowl.

Two years ago, when we had no chance to beat Bama because Caddy and Ronnie were both injured, I remember Bo Jackson talking to our boys in the locker room. It was televised before the game. He said, and I QUOTE, "I want you to go out there on that field, and KNOCK SOMEBODY OUT."

I am very happy the Brown got up and walked off of that field. I was worried that he might actually be dead, because he looked just like Apollo Creed in Rocky IV. Seriously.

But this is a violent game, and everyone knows it. Junior Rosegreen was playing his hardest, and doing his job exactly the way he should have been. Lest we forget, GA was very much still in the game and driving on us. I don't give a crap who doesn't like it, especially Bammers.

Good job, Junior. You play with that intensity next week, and I'll bet we'll hear even more of this pansy-a$$ whining.

Excellent points. I was reading the AJC this morning (I was in ATL over the weekend) and it quoted CGC saying that the gameplan was to punish the UGA receivers when they caught the ball because Auburn knew that UGA would make their catches. It was up to Rosegreen and company to deliver the hits after the catches. If the bammers don't like the play, don't blame it on the players. It was a punishing hit obviously but certainly not an illegal one.

two things here.

the non-call on the int was wrong, but it wasn't as blatant as some folks are making it out to be. it was just a wrong call no a bang bang play. interference is the most judgemental call in the game. you never know if it's a call, offensive, defensive, whatever. and the dang thing DID NOT cost you the game. saying that insinuates that your players could not have scored or won after that. it changed the game, but it didn't cost the game.

i thought the fumble was as big or bigger than the int. that one made bama's offense have to take the lead when it didn't look like either offense could score. that put the pressure on bama.

on junior's hit, it WAS NOT ILLEGAL. not even slightly illegal. that is total crap to say what he did was classless or cheap shotty or illegal. he hit a guy hard in the flow of the game. it's also completely ignorant to say he would be out 30-50K in the nfl. he gets a fine for sure, but rodney harrison, a multiple offender (and the most fined player in the nfl), was only fined 30K for giving a guy a concussion that cost the other player another week two years ago. you're just wrong if you think he's paying out more than 20K. with no previous offenses of leading with the head. so keep the illegal, cheap shot, 50 thousand dollar fine horse!@#$ to a minimum.

see ya this weekend; don't send them boys over the middle.

Can you say down 17-6 with two crappy QBs against a really good defense? If the ref doesnt cheat on that non call...we wouldnt need but 50 yards to win the game.

sorry, im not a sore loser...but that cost us the game. We were killing LSU before that.

121209[/snapback]

Yada, yada, yada,... excuses, excuses. excuses. It's the refs. It's the "injuries". UAT lost, AGAIN, to a much better team, regardless. If you win next week, what will you say? How great UAT is all of a sudden? I know if you get drilled, which should happen, you will just start that "3rd QB", etc, crap again. Enjoy Shreveport or Mobile, or where ever you guys end up.

Somehow I'm not amazed that some of you turned this into an issue of us whinning about the hit being classless. NEVER NEVER NEVER did I say the hit was classless. I said I thought Junior was headhunting, and being how someone posted something about the AU cb's trying to hit the UGA receivers hard, I don't think I was off on that assumption. What I said was classless was the fact that one of your AU posters had a picture of Brown laying on the ground like he was dead, in his sig. If you think it's classy to celebrate a kid's concussion, then so be it. If you're going to call us "bammers" crybabies, at least know what you are talking about.

Somehow I'm not amazed that some of you turned this into an issue of us whinning about the hit being classless.  NEVER NEVER NEVER did I say the hit was classless.  I said I thought Junior was headhunting, and being how someone posted something about the AU cb's trying to hit the UGA receivers hard, I don't think I was off on that assumption.  What I said was classless was the fact that one of your AU posters had a picture of Brown laying on the ground like he was dead, in his sig.  If you think it's classy to celebrate a kid's concussion, then so be it.  If you're going to call us "bammers" crybabies, at least know what you are talking about.

121588[/snapback]

Then CBSSportsline.com, Foxsports.com, Espn.com, etc are all classless too because they posted the same picture on their websites. I say we boycott the lot of them.

i read this whole thread and i never saw the sig. i realize know that it's b/c he changed it and that changed it for the whole thread. the rest of my post stands. it was crap to call the hit illegal or cheap. the hit on gibson couldn't have hurt the man, and i do believe that was a message hit against a guy that has a track record of being a soft player. it worked. he dropped two passes over the middle in the second half after that shot. the other play was simply a tough shot where he's going full bore. it wouldn't have been helmet to helmet if brown hadn't flinched, but junior was still leading with his head which he'll have to learn not to do in the nfl.

and the interfernce call didn't cost you the game.

In deference to the Bammers, I think that we should forfeit the 2004 Iron Bowl because of the lack of depth caused by their cheating, er, Phil's setup. After all they are Bama and every time they play is a victory, whether it is scoreboard or a moral victory. It’s only right to allow Bama to claim their 11th victory of the season. :blink:

If we were to forfeit the game, would we still have to hear their excuses??? <_<

I can already hear the spin from the Bammers about this year's Iron Bowl loss... :no:

Good Guys 38 :au:

Also Rans: 10

Somehow I'm not amazed that some of you turned this into an issue of us whinning about the hit being classless.  NEVER NEVER NEVER did I say the hit was classless.  I said I thought Junior was headhunting, and being how someone posted something about the AU cb's trying to hit the UGA receivers hard, I don't think I was off on that assumption.  What I said was classless was the fact that one of your AU posters had a picture of Brown laying on the ground like he was dead, in his sig.  If you think it's classy to celebrate a kid's concussion, then so be it.  If you're going to call us "bammers" crybabies, at least know what you are talking about.

121588[/snapback]

Brown got up a walked off the field. NOBODY celebrated the fact that he suffered a concussion. Bammers will whine about ANYTHING.

Though I won't go into too much argument because I am sure most know what I am going to say being a Georgia fan but if Georgia, Alabama, or LSU had made a hit like he did on an Auburn WR.....this site would be in a hectic craze about that player being kicked off the team for such a hit.

121588[/snapback]

Then CBSSportsline.com, Foxsports.com, Espn.com, etc are all classless too because they posted the same picture on their websites. I say we boycott the lot of them.

121591[/snapback]

I'll tell ya what. I'll boycott them, and you guys continue to celebrate it. Like I said, if an AU player gets seriously hurt next week and I put it in my sig, I'll get called everything from classless to a Miami fan.

121588[/snapback]

Brown got up a walked off the field. NOBODY celebrated the fact that he suffered a concussion. Bammers will whine about ANYTHING.

121595[/snapback]

Then by all means, put your pic back in the sig. I promise I won't say anything about it again.

Though I won't go into too much argument because I am sure most know what I am going to say being a Georgia fan but if Georgia, Alabama, or LSU had made a hit like he did on an Auburn WR.....this site would be in a hectic craze about that player being kicked off the team for such a hit.

121597[/snapback]

What happened to DeCory Bryant? Was that his name?

slink i know it doesn't mean much b/c it's theoretical, but i wouldn't call any player laying a blow like that cheap b/c it's in the flow of the game. i don't care if it's my buddy ct on the ground. i'd be mad, but it's not the defender's fault, especially in college where leading with the head is not a penalty only spearing is. i hope reggie is okay. i think he's a fantastic receiver that has a future in the nfl (i don't have the same opinion of gibson). junior isn't a cheap player and that play wasn't either. if it had been thomas davis i'd say the same thing.

Archived