2014 4* QB Drew Barker (Kentucky signee)

ellitor

Hebron, KY (Conner)

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 210

2012 stats. 2072 pass yards, 22 pass TDs, 7 INTs. 1455 rush yards and 18 rushing TDs

Auburn plans to go see him throw this spring and offer him then.

He sees himself as an ideal fit for a Gus type offense and expects to play in a similar offense in college.

#1 on my QB wish list.

He is good, though I would like to see him play against better competition. Reminds me of someone...can't put my finger on it though.

E, I know it is a different person, but Dixie mentioned it as well. Should we be concerned about the competition this kid has in KY. I know our last QB recruit from KY did not work out, but a lot of personal stuff affected him.

E, I know it is a different person, but Dixie mentioned it as well. Should we be concerned about the competition this kid has in KY. I know our last QB recruit from KY did not work out, but a lot of personal stuff affected him.

It may be a concern and a possible reason our coaches are going to see him throw in person before they offer. Weak competition or not look at most of his throws. They are pinpoint accurate to where you want the receiver catching the ball ideally on each play.

In a random statement- I would like my QB from Texas, Florida, or Georgia.

You forgot QB loaded Cali.

All I saw in the highlights was the big DH (Dixie Heights) in the middle of the field, and had to turn it off!!!!!!!!!

I'm just kidding... The kid looks solid. Lets wait and see what Gus and the boys think when they see him throw in person.

Great looking arm. Can sling it a little with good mechanics. With that you'll see great accuracy which he shows in the video. I do agree with some of the other posters. The level of competition looks comparable to the 1A or possible 2A level here in Alabama. He looks big and strong but foot speed needs some work. He's not slow he's just no where near D-1 speed for a dual threat qb. Although his accuracy is much much higher then most high school dual threat qbs.

Great looking arm. Can sling it a little with good mechanics. With that you'll see great accuracy which he shows in the video. I do agree with some of the other posters. The level of competition looks comparable to the 1A or possible 2A level here in Alabama. He looks big and strong but foot speed needs some work. He's not slow he's just no where near D-1 speed for a dual threat qb. Although his accuracy is much much higher then most high school dual threat qbs.

Spot on and something I forgot to mentions is according to many QBs refined accuracy like Barker already has is something that can't be coached to a great extent. (see Tim Tebow)

E, I'm not saying he won't be good. He is accurate as has been pointed out. I just don't see him stiff-arming SEC defenders like he does these kids either. That was the knock on Johnny Football in HS as well. Small school. Weak competition. Not very big. Who's to say until they lay eyes on him I reckon.

E, I'm not saying he won't be good. He is accurate as has been pointed out. I just don't see him stiff-arming SEC defenders like he does these kids either. That was the knock on Johnny Football in HS as well. Small school. Weak competition. Not very big. Who's to say until they lay eyes on him I reckon.

Will not be a part of his job description.

No doubt. He does seem to be effective with it though. Lol!

One of the differences between the two is that Johnny Football has better foot speed.

One of the differences between the two is that Johnny Football has better foot speed.

Yep Johnny Football is a right handed Steve Young from his college days at BYU.

On the field, not off.

On the field, not off.

I have no clue, nor do I think most, how Steve Young was off the field at BYU.

On the field, not off.

I have no clue, nor do I think most, how Steve Young was off the field at BYU.

Just sayin'...he seems to be enjoying his Spring Break where as I doubt Steve Young hung out much in Cabo.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this kid a lot bigger than Johnny F?

Anyway, I got about a minute and a half into the first video, and he does look like he's worth going to see in person. And he does look like a natural for our offense.

• 1 month later...

Another QB that seems like he would fit our system that hasn't been mentioned is DJ Gillans. Does anyone know why we seem to have no interest in him?

Congrats to Ky. Looks like a solid QB. Although and I think I've mention in a post prior on some thread, I'd like to see a very good, strong armed, accurate QB in our offense. As I think in reality that the passing aspect of the QB far out weighs the running in our offense. Granted Cam could do both. Being able to throw the deep out, the skinny post, and the deep vertical passing is so important in our offense.

Congrats to Ky. Looks like a solid QB. Although and I think I've mention in a post prior on some thread, I'd like to see a very good, strong armed, accurate QB in our offense. As I think in reality that the passing aspect of the QB far out weighs the running in our offense. Granted Cam could do both. Being able to throw the deep out, the skinny post, and the deep vertical passing is so important in our offense.

Not to mention the WR screens (which our current QBs seem to struggle with).

@rivalsmike

BOOM, Drew Barker to #Kentucky, huge get for Stoops and company.

Does anyone know where he was on our board? Also, if we wanted him could we still get him?

1. Still fairly high and 2. It's KenSUCKy.

Another QB that seems like he would fit our system that hasn't been mentioned is DJ Gillans. Does anyone know why we seem to have no interest in him?

Given none of the big in state schools are on him that usually means big grade risk.

Archived