Auburn Women Make WNIT

WarDamnEagle#1

Be at the Arena Sunday at 2 p.m. to watch the Lady Tigers go for win #18 and advance in the WNIT. Tickets are only $10.00 for reserved seats, $7.00 for general admission seats, and $5.00 for student seats. There is no excuse for not buying a $7.00 ticket and getting your but in a good seat to support an Auburn team which has given a tremendous amount of effort this year for Auburn University. The ladies can continue to host a game if they win and have the best attendance versus the next opponent. I will be there on Sunday - will you? WAR DAM EAGLE!

Of course!

Auburn up at the half 49-38...had a 15 point lead but let it dribble away during the last five minutes of the half. AU height giving WKU a lot of trouble but WKU gals can hit the 3s which is keeping them in the game.

AU played a good game....19 point lead with less than 3 minutes. Looks like a nice crowd though AU had the lead from the beginning and they crowd didn't have to make much noise to keep AU motivated. The turnout should be enough to get AU an opportunity to host the next game. WE

AU will face Tulane at Auburn Arena. 6pm Wednesday

That's great...no excuse for the students not to turn out. It has been a lean year for AU in the major sports and this is a chance for the students and AU residents to support a group that is doing well.

Sweet! The game today was a nice bright spot on a turrible year.

Girls play at 6pm. I am heading that way, hope we got a good crowd. I am not sure of the internet feed last game was on auburntigers.com We beat Tulane in the regular season at their place. Coach Flo called the first half of that game the teams worst. Lets hope we start off better. War Eagle

Actually, Meredith Jenkins (Sr Assoc AD/Sr Womens Admin) conducted this search so while I am sure that Jay had to approve - Meredith did the work. (As I understand it.)

We need a large crowd at this game. James Madison plays Florida tomorrow afternoon, should JM and Auburn win, we have to beat the JM attendance - they had 1875 for their game against Fordham....we haven't come close to that in our NIT play. It's important to keep the games in Auburn! (Florida hasn't been hosting games - IF they win don't know if they would be hosting or not.)

Actually, Meredith Jenkins (Sr Assoc AD/Sr Womens Admin) conducted this search so while I am sure that Jay had to approve - Meredith did the work. (As I understand it.)

We need a large crowd at this game. James Madison plays Florida tomorrow afternoon, should JM and Auburn win, we have to beat the JM attendance - they had 1875 for their game against Fordham....we haven't come close to that in our NIT play. It's important to keep the games in Auburn! (Florida hasn't been hosting games - IF they win don't know if they would be hosting or not.)

You are correct in that the Assoc. AD Meredith Jenkins did most of the preliminaries. Jacobs did make the hire.

That's fine - my only point was - JJ doesn't get all of the credit for hiring Coach Flo......

JJ only gets the blame if something doesn't work out.....otherwise the credit goes elsewhere. I understand perfectly.

Archived