Kris Frost

DThriftWarEagle

http://business.auburn.edu/news/linebacker-earning-his-wings-at-auburn#.UVHnqtU1fTo

Very good article also mentions that there will be a spring episode for Auburn Everyday.

I'm hoping that Frost will break out this year and be a big playmaker on defense.

Me too. I've been waiting on this guy to break out and start busting some skulls on D. Always thought he had pretty big potential in the right situation.

If he were to show up this year we could be in for a fun season. Because if he is coming around then there will def be others as well.

awesome!

This is what Auburn is all about. KF is here on football scholarship, but he's also making a real impact in the classroom doing something he enjoys. I get incredible pride after reading stories like this! WDE

Great article and video! Good for Kris!!! He has a bright future in front of him... in both football and aviation!

So he is excelling in the Aviation program but struggled in learning BVG's defense??? Just adds to the list of baffling things from last season...

I had this same question as well. Odd to say the least.

So he is excelling in the Aviation program but struggled in learning BVG's defense??? Just adds to the list of baffling things from last season...

Not odd, if Kris hasn't even soloed yet he has done little to no academic work. There is no way to evaluate if someone is excelling at that stage. As an alum of the aviation program, I'm glad to hear our student-athletes are pursuing the degree which is rich in history and well respected within the aviation industry. I wish Kris success in his pursuit, the aviation program opened up a new world for me. Now, if a certain light bulb also came on and he started to crush opposing skill position players, well, that would be great too. War Eagle Kris!

Not odd, if Kris hasn't even soloed yet he has done little to no academic work. There is no way to evaluate if someone is excelling at that stage. As an alum of the aviation program, I'm glad to hear our student-athletes are pursuing the degree which is rich in history and well respected within the aviation industry. I wish Kris success in his pursuit, the aviation program opened up a new world for me. Now, if a certain light bulb also came on and he started to crush opposing skill position players, well, that would be great too. War Eagle Kris!

Okay, that makes sense. I was just thinking it would be the opposite. That if he were already flying at all that he had already done all the "fansy buk lurnin' ". Thanks for posting that.

Obviously I have no experience as a pilot. Always thought I wanted to get a pilot license one day though.

You guys are rough...I mean he spent his entire freshan season hurt, under a totally different DC. BVG comes in with a new system, new scheme etc. It was Frost first season, first real chance in big boy SEC football...we have no idea how big the disconnect was among BVG, Chiz and the rest of the staff. Not only did the players look confused but so did the staff....this season will tell a bigger picture about Frost. But kudos to him being a awesome student let hope he also transitions into a great LB..

You guys are rough...I mean he spent his entire freshan season hurt, under a totally different DC. BVG comes in with a new system, new scheme etc. It was Frost first season, first real chance in big boy SEC football...we have no idea how big the disconnect was among BVG, Chiz and the rest of the staff. Not only did the players look confused but so did the staff....this season will tell a bigger picture about Frost. But kudos to him being a awesome student let hope he also transitions into a great LB..

I agree!

I agree!

Me too.

Okay, that makes sense. I was just thinking it would be the opposite. That if he were already flying at all that he had already done all the "fansy buk lurnin' ". Thanks for posting that.

Obviously I have no experience as a pilot. Always thought I wanted to get a pilot license one day though.

You bet. I certainly wasn't trying to correct you, it's just esoteric information and I am in a position to contribute to the conversation. The article leads you to believe he is a little farther down the path than he is at this point, that's all. Kris seems like a great kid and I will be looking for big things from him in the classroom and on the field.

As far as your pilot's license goes, you should go for it. I never had a student that regretted the investment.

I agree!

Me too.

triple ditto ...

the kids redshirt year was not like other guys. he spent the dang season rehabbing, not working on the field with the other players. most redshirts are learning how to play college football - he was learning how not to be hurt. this past fall was what a typical redshirt player would have gained in their redshirt year (i know there are nuances to all of this), but he is not going into his third year the same as other redshirt sophs.

EDIT: also, didnt he spend the beginning of his true frosh season learning that he would never be a WR in college, before he became a hurt LB?

I do however expect big things from him this year, even though it is another new system.

I really feel like he will bust out this year. My comment was based on several "reports" over last year that he was struggling. That was all they said. Then when you see a less heralded True Frosh on the field you get questions. he is another of those like Kiehl Frazier. I believe he thought he was entering a certain environment when they signed then they got here and it was every man for himself. Work out, don't work out, whatever dudes, we won a natty. There will be at least 3 or 4 guys this year that makes people say "I didn't know he had it in him" or "He is much better than I thought", Kris Frost will be one of them I believe.

I agree!

Me too.

triple ditto ...

the kids redshirt year was not like other guys. he spent the dang season rehabbing, not working on the field with the other players. most redshirts are learning how to play college football - he was learning how not to be hurt. this past fall was what a typical redshirt player would have gained in their redshirt year (i know there are nuances to all of this), but he is not going into his third year the same as other redshirt sophs.

EDIT: also, didnt he spend the beginning of his true frosh season learning that he would never be a WR in college, before he became a hurt LB?

I do however expect big things from him this year, even though it is another new system.

I hope you guys are right. but we were so bad on defense and LB that most of us thought a 5* LB would have helped on talent alone. then he barely saw the field it was disappointing if he was that far behind what we saw on the field. JH not did not only look lost on the field (and got a record # of ass chewings) but missed a lot of tackles that he did have a chance at. bates was only so much better. not down on frost but I'm gonna have to see it to believe it. I hope I do.

I agree!

Me too.

triple ditto ...

I hope you guys are right. but we were so bad on defense and LB that most of us thought a 5* LB would have helped on talent alone. then he barely saw the field it was disappointing if he was that far behind what we saw on the field. JH not did not only look lost on the field (and got a record # of ass chewings) but missed a lot of tackles that he did have a chance at. bates was only so much better. not down on frost but I'm gonna have to see it to believe it. I hope I do.

Let's not get down on Kris too much. Remember, the coaches last year were the same ones that would put Tre Mason in for a nice run, then sit him on the sidelines for the next three series of 3-and-outs. The same coaches that saw what Prosch could do running for the tough yards and making catches out of the backfield, only to have his number called approx. 3 times a game. The same defensive coaches that continued to let our tackling be some of the worst I have ever seen, and force our secondary to make all the plays on defense.

I'm not saying Frost will be the next Dansby, but I don't put any stock in the coaches evaluation of true talent from last season. Coach Johnson will hopefully develop the full potential out of these kids, and we'll be back to dominating on defense again.

Bring on September!!!

I don't think anyone is down on Kris Frost, much to the contrary. Some just want to see it first and I understand. Look, if half of the 4*/5* kids still on the roster that haven't produced start producing we will all be much happier this time next year.

I agree!

Me too.

triple ditto ...

Let's not get down on Kris too much. Remember, the coaches last year were the same ones that would put Tre Mason in for a nice run, then sit him on the sidelines for the next three series of 3-and-outs . The same coaches that saw what Prosch could do running for the tough yards and making catches out of the backfield, only to have his number called approx. 3 times a game. The same defensive coaches that continued to let our tackling be some of the worst I have ever seen, and force our secondary to make all the plays on defense.

I'm not saying Frost will be the next Dansby, but I don't put any stock in the coaches evaluation of true talent from last season. Coach Johnson will hopefully develop the full potential out of these kids, and we'll be back to dominating on defense again.

Bring on September!!!

good point about mason!

I agree!

Me too.

triple ditto ...

Let's not get down on Kris too much. Remember, the coaches last year were the same ones that would put Tre Mason in for a nice run, then sit him on the sidelines for the next three series of 3-and-outs. The same coaches that saw what Prosch could do running for the tough yards and making catches out of the backfield, only to have his number called approx. 3 times a game. The same defensive coaches that continued to let our tackling be some of the worst I have ever seen, and force our secondary to make all the plays on defense.

Bring on September!!!

you hit the nail right on the head.

look guys, put ZERO stock into the last coaching staff's ability to develop players; they couldn't even develop a polaroid picture much less a ball player. we are LOADED with talent and people are in for a surprise this season. we will win 9 games or more; we are going to compete and come out of nowhere. couple all that talent with an amazing staff and the most innovative HC in the NCAA, and BOOM!

now, time to get all those projects done around the house before fall arrives.......

Archived