AU v. MSU game 3

MSU won 6-0....AU had 6 hits and 1 error.

The 14 strikeouts continued the trend that started with the last two innings of the second game last night. What's Gabe doing with the hitting instruction? I was hoping for more than we've seen this year.

Offense: 14 strikeouts, 9 runners left on base.

Pitching: 2 wild pitches and two hit batters.

By the way, MSU packed in over 14,000 for this game.

Ok I will admit I'm not totally familar with MSU baseball stadium size but I did not know an SEC team had a BB stadium that could hold 14,000... that's a hell of a crowd for an SEC game. props to them.

Glad to get one; needed to avoid sweep; did the job, now lets win some ball games!

I don't understand "needed to avoid sweep". We are now 6-12 in the SEC. Some optimists think we'll get into the NCAA tournament if we can finish 14-16. To do that, we have to completely reverse our current winning % and win 8 of our remaining 12 games. We needed to win a minimum of two in Starkeville to get on the right track.

The 14 strikeouts continued the trend that started with the last two innings of the second game last night. What's Gabe doing with the hitting instruction? I was hoping for more than we've seen this year.

Gabe said before the game that if that MSU pitcher had his slider working that AU might be in trouble.....and guess what....it was working. That pitcher is just that good.

“I thought Lindgren was phenomenal,” said MSU coach John Cohen. “He was a little shaky early on. It was a tough strike zone. He had to deal with it, and I thought he did a really nice job of attacking the strike zone.”

Jacob Lindgren was 3-1 with 3.08 ERA before Saturday's game. 42 strikeouts in 38 innings. And guess what, we made him look like Steve Carlton.

“I thought Lindgren was phenomenal,” said MSU coach John Cohen. “He was a little shaky early on. It was a tough strike zone. He had to deal with it, and I thought he did a really nice job of attacking the strike zone.”

Jacob Lindgren was 3-1 with 3.08 ERA before Saturday's game. 42 strikeouts in 38 innings. And guess what, we made him look like Steve Carlton.

I'm with you on this one.....Holder, the pitcher who finished up the rain delayed game had 7 SOs in 2-2/3rd inning so if you do the math, AU batters had 21 strikeouts in 11-2/3rds innings against 4 different MSU pitchers though Holder pitched in both games and 10 SOs in less than 4 innings. Meanwhile the team BA is down to .269 with only three guys over .300. Pitching is the only thing holding the team together.

Archived