Bill Maher and Brian Levin Discuss Islam

Auburn85

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that Mr. Bill become a bit more "centered" in the last couple of months. This isn't the first time he has questioned the far left of late.

All religions are crazy, it is just that some are more crazy than others.

All religious people are crazy, it is just that some are more crazy than others.

All religious people are crazy, it is just that some are more crazy than others.

Based on what?

Based on what?

The overwhelming evidence.....

Based on what?

Keeeeeep going....

Based on what?

Which is?

Yeah it's a good thing atheists don't believe crazy stuff or do crazy and horrible things.

Based on what?

Which is?

Talking to yourself and pretending this helps other people...

I.e. praying.

Based on what?

Which is?

Talking to yourself and pretending this helps other people...

I.e. praying.

Good one. Why didn't you just use the "I know you are but what am I?" tactic? Good grief. Is that all you have?

I was simply agreeing with Bill Maher, the subject of this thread.

He agrees that religious people are crazy, but this doesn't mean you can equate Christian craziness to Islamic terrorist craziness.

Posting "prayers sent" after talking to yourself in hopes that this will help some stranger, you are crazy. Not as crazy as blowing up bombs to kill people, but it is still crazy.

He agrees that religious people are crazy, but this doesn't mean you can equate Christian craziness to Islamic terrorist craziness.

Posting "prayers sent" after talking to yourself in hopes that this will help some stranger, you are crazy. Not as crazy as blowing up bombs to kill people, but it is still crazy.

1 Corinthians 2:14

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

I think it's crazy to look around at this world and this universe and all its amazing complexity and think that way, way, way back when, somehow, someway there was just some energy of some sort that managed to somehow create all this "something" out of nothing. But not only that, but that it would develop over the years and somehow manage to create not just inanimate matter, but life. And not just life, but intelligent life with a will and desires and concepts such as love and beauty.

Crazy cuts both ways, bro.

Crazy is believing that the universe came about through something called the "Big Bang THEORY" and believing that billions of years ago we crawled out of the ocean as some sort of ancient organism and then magically evolved into the intelligent beings we are today. It takes mountains of more faith to believe that than to believe that a creator created it and us.

Crazy is believing that the universe came about through something called the "Big Bang THEORY" and believing that billions of years ago we crawled out of the ocean as some sort of ancient organism and then magically evolved into the intelligent beings we are today. It takes mountains of more faith to believe that than to believe that a creator created it and us.

Just for the record, the choices are not "Literal creationism vs evolution" here.

Yes, it does seem crazy and magical if you haven't spend the time studying it. The theory of evolution and the big bang theory are still a more compelling than the theory that god made everything. They are also more useful, as if we assume god did everything, then there is nothing left to be curious about...

And nothing you have mentioned compares to the craziness of talking to yourself and believing that by doing this your are helping a stranger in need.

Yes, it does seem crazy and magical if you haven't spend the time studying it. The theory of evolution and the big bang theory are still a more compelling than the theory that god made everything. They are also more useful, as if we assume god did everything, then there is nothing left to be curious about...

And nothing you have mentioned compares to the craziness of talking to yourself and believing that by doing this your are helping a stranger in need.

Why do you say that I am talking to myself?

But you are crazy enough to believe that all this "something" that we see self-created its own existence from nothing.

I didn't know I believed that.

But you are crazy enough to believe that all this "something" that we see self-created its own existence from nothing.

I didn't know I believed that.

So you don't believe in a completely naturalistic explanation for the existence of the universe?

I do believe in a completely naturalistic explanation... it is a more useful belief than assuming god is responsible.

Then you believe that all this came from nothing and managed to become something all on its own. Or you somehow believe that something eternally existed, which is a whole other problem.

Archived