QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

Isn't Brandon going to make his commitment on the 18th?

Yes publicly. He will let the coaches know as early as tomorrow though.

I guess that's why the coaches told White they would have an answer for him on a scholarship offer "in a couple days."

If we offer SW this week then we all know where BH is going.

Yep. I agree.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the people have spoken! Sean White continues to be the people's choice for us at QB. Even if Harris picks LSU this week, we are definitely not losing anything if we add White. I believe he will challenge the accuracy of the other QB's on our roster and only make them better. My vote continues to be for Sean White. War Eagle!

I believe the people have spoken! Sean White continues to be the people's choice for us at QB. Even if Harris picks LSU this week, we are definitely not losing anything if we add White. I believe he will challenge the accuracy of the other QB's on our roster and only make them better. My vote continues to be for Sean White. War Eagle!

Unfortunately, Turner Gill was also the people's choice. lulz

I just have to believe that we will offer White today if we haven't already and it just hasn't been reported yet. IMO Harris has shown his hand and it was covered with Corn Dog crumbs and mustard!

Looks like White is beginning to pull away in the poll. This is exciting. What if Harris bolts the camp and pulls trigger for AU. Poll numbers will shift again. There should be a QB recruiting "reality" show. :Sing:

Wish we would go ahead and offer White. We are okay at QB barring a rash of injuries.

Or QBs transferring after not winning the job.

I will be stunned if we don't lose at least one QB to a transfer, no matter who is named the starter.

If NM is the starter it is very likely.

We are talking between JW and KF right? I can't see JJ walking out... :dunno:

If Harris and White sign somewhere else, who'se the next QB on the list in this class?

Really appears that BH is going to LSWho..

If Harris and White sign somewhere else, who'se the next QB on the list in this class?

No clue. Tyler Harris appears to be the only other quality uncommitted QB left in this class.

With a solid commit for 2015 I wonder if we really need a QB in this class.

With no QBs on roster that are proven on the college level we need to sign a QB. Plus the staff plans to signs a quality QB in every class.

Marshall be starting for next few years so I agree we could do without this year. That being said I think White will be the one we get this year. If not I don't think the staff will burn a spot on someone they don't see with a potential to contribute to the team and will take two next season.

Marshall be starting for next few years so I agree we could do without this year. That being said I think White will be the one we get this year. If not I don't think the staff will burn a spot on someone they don't see with a potential to contribute to the team and will take two next season.

It would make sense to take a QB every year. Gotta have QBs. Look at NFL teams they have like 9??,? Look at Saban, he has recruited elite high school qb prospects and they either go there to hold a clipboard or transfer. But saying that they are weary of their QB situation if McCrackon was to go down.

If you have a 6' 0" QB that can throw the hell out of a ball, then your number one going down is something you can survive.

I would not assume Nick is here 2 years. While I am not predicting it, if Nick lives up to his potential in Gus' O he may be 1 and done.

I would not assume Nick is here 2 years. While I am not predicting it, if Nick lives up to his potential in Gus' O he may be 1 and done.

point taken. Not really assuming the 2year deal but I think he learns and fine tunes his passing this season and blows up his senior year.

Wow. The guy hasn't even taken a snap @ Auburn. Numbers leading to 1 and done also assumes massive improvement on our O-line, yes? That would be excellent, I'll waive my lit lighter above my head too. I guess.

I have read elsewhere that unless AU can get one they believe is top notch they will just not sign one this year.

I have read elsewhere that unless AU can get one they believe is top notch they will just not sign one this year.

That would seem the reasonable thing to do.

I think they will get a commit from SW or BH. If not, they will try to out recruit Clemson and Florida for Watson and Grier but longshot.

There is a possibility with several In-state prospects like Jordan, Rosier, Doss, and Hodges flips from small college to AU like Wallace from UCF to AU with last minute back in 2012. Tyler Harris, Quinton Flowers and Cole Garvin? Maybe.

If they did a show similar to the NFL's "Hard Knocks..." series following a couple staff's over a recruiting year and aired it the following year during the off-season it would kill I would think.

Wish we would go ahead and offer White. We are okay at QB barring a rash of injuries.

I will be stunned if we don't lose at least one QB to a transfer, no matter who is named the starter.

No JJ is safe here and Gus and Rhett are getting him raw. Theirs to shape and mold, very "Mad Scientist" kinda stuff. We won't even see Jeremy until his RS Sophmore season when we trot out a 6'-08", 265lb monster in the opener. True story...

No JJ is safe here and Gus and Rhett are getting him raw. Theirs to shape and mold, very "Mad Scientist" kinda stuff. We won't even see Jeremy until his RS Sophmore season when we trot out a 6'-08", 265lb monster in the opener. True story...

With a bionic 3rd arm so he can stiff arm in 2 directions and still throw right?

I think they will get a commit from SW or BH. If not, they will try to out recruit Clemson and Florida for Watson and Grier but longshot.

There is a possibility with several In-state prospects like Jordan, Rosier, Doss, and Hodges flips from small college to AU like Wallace from UCF to AU with last minute back in 2012. Tyler Harris, Quinton Flowers and Cole Garvin? Maybe.

I don't think I would consider Ga. Tech, Miami, and Ole Miss small colleges. They probably consider us small college after last year, but I understand your point. I believe there is a good chance they would flip since they are home grown. Out of state schools understand that risk when they accept a commit from a recruit not shown much interest at the time by their in-state schools. Hopefully this scenario is just hypothetical and it doesn't come to that.

No clue. Tyler Harris appears to be the only other quality uncommitted QB left in this class.

E, I know you've mentioned the other Harris (Tyler) several times over the last few months. He's a 4 star guy whose stock seems to have fallen. Do you have any idea why? Camp performance maybe? He seems like a quality Plan B to me. I think I would rather offer him than try to flip someone else. Of course, like everyone else, I hope Plan A comes through (A1 or A2).

I liked Rosier's film but IMO if we can't sign White I would think we would go after the best ATH/QB available. Jason Smith type kid maybe.

Archived