QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

I think our chances of getting two have improved!

You are correct sir. It has been a good day.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am kinda amazed that White has gotten so much support. I voted for him the other day as well so i shouldn't be I guess, I just expected to be in the minority.

I am kinda amazed that White has gotten so much support. I voted for him the other day as well so i shouldn't be I guess, I just expected to be in the minority.

Brandon has surprisingly never led in the Poll/ White has always been up by 2 - 14 votes.

Brandon has surprisingly never led in the Poll/ White has always been up by 2 - 14 votes.

That's what I'm saying, I enjoy being in the minority. Maybe everyone just waits to see how I vote and then jump on board knowing my propensity for being right all the time? :dunno: That has to be it.

EDIT: The preceeding post was full of :drippingsarcasm7pa: and not intended to be taken seriously, mainly the part about other voters copying me. The part about me always being right is as serious as a heart-attack however. :crossed arms:

That is not entirely true. I was the first vote and it was for Brandon. Of course that is like leading by 2 in the opening seconds of a basketball game.

I watched the BCS title game again last night while I was running...the threat of Cam running or throwing kept the Oregon D at a distinct disadvantage as they seemed to be constantly confused as to the plays we were running. Now, I understand Cam is one in a million, but my point is the Offense seems to be more unpredictable and effective when we have a Dual Threat QB. The Oregon safeties and line backers seemingly had to guess the play right. I'm on the BH bandwagon as of now...but, White has some impressive skills.

I watched the BCS title game again last night while I was running...the threat of Cam running or throwing kept the Oregon D at a distinct disadvantage as they seemed to be constantly confused as to the plays we were running. Now, I understand Cam is one in a million, but my point is the Offense seems to be more unpredictable and effective when we have a Dual Threat QB. The Oregon safeties and line backers seemingly had to guess the play right. I'm on the BH bandwagon as of now...but, White has some impressive skills.

BIG Difference between Cam's accuracy and BH's. It remains to be seen if BH will develop Cam accuracy.

BIG Difference between Cam's accuracy and BH's. It remains to be seen if BH will develop Cam accuracy.

Oh, I agree. I was in no way comparing the 2 beyond the dual-threat part...just sayin' I think we are more deadly w/ a DT-QB.

That is not entirely true. I was the first vote and it was for Brandon. Of course that is like leading by 2 in the opening seconds of a basketball game.

Just like in basketball my shots affect lead changes. My vote put White up 2'1 and has not looked back yet. lol

Oh, I agree. I was in no way comparing the 2 beyond the dual-threat part...just sayin' I think we are more deadly w/ a DT-QB.

Provided the QB is accurate. Just being a DT is not enough. Kodi proved that in '09 as well as KF and JW last season.

E, straight-up, who's your pick: Harris or White?

White but I would be just as happy with BH given his leadership, intangibles, and the recruits he could bring in.

Provided the QB is accurate. Just being a DT is not enough. Kodi proved that in '09 as well as KF and JW last season.

Think your stating the obvious there that a QB needs to be accurate to be successful? I mean if your schools name isn't GA Tech or Navy....lol

E, straight-up, who's your pick: Harris or White?

White but I would be just as happy with BH given his leadership, intangibles, and the recruits he could bring in.

Works for me.

Think your stating the obvious there that a QB needs to be accurate to be successful? I mean if your schools name isn't GA Tech or Navy....lol

Yeah but sometimes fans and analysts get so caught up in the football sexyness of a DT-QB that they overlook the accuracy part.

I don't see how people can prefer White. His type is not the mold for our offense.

White could be very successful in our offense. It fits him extremely well. He is mobile and throws a great ball. That is what we want.

I don't see how people can prefer White. His type is not the mold for our offense.

White could be very successful in our offense. It fits him extremely well. He is mobile and throws a great ball. That is what we want.

He runs a 5.05 40... Bring in the speed of SEC defenses and that could be trouble.

Only thing this Sean White kid has done was show out at 1 event. There's got to be a reason why he's only a 3-star on Rivals. I prefer to get either Harris or Watson, but it looks like Watson is all Clemson for the time being.

Rivals overlooking talent ? :dunno:

I consider Rivals the most thorough on their ratings of players. They put more money in to scouting and everything than all other scouting websites.

I was sitting in an airport gate waiting for a flight a couple of years ago and overheard someone who was on a trip to evaluate high school football players calling a colleague to make sure his evaluations didn't disagree with others. After eavesdropping on that call I'll be surprised to ever see a recruiting service vary much from accepted norms. He may have been a college coach, but I believe he was a recruiting service analyst. Hint to all of us - use your inside voice when talking on a cell phone.

He runs a 5.05 40... Bring in the speed of SEC defenses and that could be trouble.

Gus does not have to have a DT QB to be succesful. He proved that with Chris todd setting Auburn records in '09 and a combined 95 TD passes by Tulsa QBs in '07 and '08 who can't run. Getting a DT QB for the sake of having the QB run dimension is WAY overrated. Especially if that QB is not an accurate passer. There is no doubt Cam was an amazing runner but the truth is for an offense to truly go the QB must be an accurate passer, which Cam was. Thinking along those line I will end with this stat. 2012 completion percentages BH 48% SW 70%.

Gus does not have to have a DT QB to be succesful. He proved that with Chris todd setting Auburn records in '09 and a combined 95 TD passes by Tulsa QBs in '07 and '08 who can't run. Getting a DT QB for the sake of having the QB run dimension is WAY overrated. Especially if that QB is not an accurate passer. There is no doubt Cam was an amazing runner but the truth is for an offense to truly go the QB must be an accurate passer, which Cam was. Thinking along those line I will end with this stat. 2012 completion percentages BH 48% SW 70%.

Agreed. There have been plenty of SEC qb's that are not fast over the years and they have been very successful in the SEC and the NFL.

I'm really starting to lean towards White. We have multiple dual-threats on campus right now, and White is an EXTREMELY accurate passer. As good as Harris can and possibly will be, it would be great to have both dynamics at AU. And the talent level for both is tremendous.

By the way, any chance we get left out in the cold and actually miss on both these guys. Just figured I'd be the one to ask the impossible question.

Very much so. We know the LSU threat on Harris and as I said in the White thread we will be facing an uphill fight on him if ND offers.

Archived