QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean White is NOT 6' 2". On his tallest day he's 6' flat. Of course I don't know this as fact, but rather I eyeballed him at the Opening standing next to various other guys.

6'2 and 6'0 are both incorrect. SW measured at 6'1, 195 at The Opening last week.

Just for the record, in comparing those players the heights all came from the AUC-247 site.

Has anyone else thought about how awesome it would be to have SW behind the center and ROC behind him? Seems like they would compliment each other well

WAR EAGLE!

Just watched the highlights, and I'd feel much more comfortable taking SW over BH. We already have so many dual threat QB's, what would it hurt to change it up a little?

IMO, Harris's dual-threat capabilities do not outweigh White's deadly accuracy and pocket awareness. Harris's runs and scrambles just don't stand out to me as a #1 dual-threat QB in the nation, not that I could name a better DT QB in this class.

I would be interested to know what classifications they each play in.

White's old team Chimanade Madonna was 3A. His new team, University is 4A but preseason #24 in the nation according to Max Preps. Florida goes up to 8A. Harris plays for 5A Parkview and 5A is the highest class in Louisiana.

Sean White is NOT 6' 2". On his tallest day he's 6' flat. Of course I don't know this as fact, but rather I eyeballed him at the Opening standing next to various other guys.

6'2 and 6'0 are both incorrect. SW measured at 6'1, 195 at The Opening last week.

Just for the record, in comparing those players the heights all came from the AUC-247 site.

Yes I know. 247 has not updated the measurables from The Opening.

Per Bryan Matthews over at AUC... Harris won't arrive in Auburn until Thursday. WOW... White and Harris will be on campus at the same time!

Per Bryan Matthews over at AUC... Harris won't arrive in Auburn until Thursday. WOW... White and Harris will be on campus at the same time!

Not what Bryan is saying. Link

Here's what Harris just tweeted...

I'll be leaving bossier Wednesday night and be at auburn all day Thursday.

Very likely means Harris gets to Auburn Wednesday late night and stays all day in Auburn.

Very likely means Harris gets to Auburn Wednesday late night and stays all day in Auburn.

Either way, Harris and White will be on campus at the same time...

So, my question: If White gets a committable offer, does he committ on the spot??? Does he beat Harris' July 18th date?

Oooh... What if Harris commits silently, and White still gets a committable offer...? And, White commits on the spot???

Hahaha! j/k Could happen though?

White's old team Chimanade Madonna was 3A. His new team, University is 4A but preseason #24 in the nation according to Max Preps. Florida goes up to 8A. Harris plays for 5A Parkview and 5A is the highest class in Louisiana.

point being is what

Part 1:(Harris through Matthews) "I'll be leaving Bossier Wednesday night and be at Auburn all day Thursday."

Part 2: (Altima)" Harris won't arrive in Auburn until Thursday".

Ellitor, anybody can see that those two statements mean the same thing, IE, that Harris will do his campus visit and tour Thursday.

Hint: You don't need to correct everything somebody else posts. Amazing as it may seem to you, sometimes they are accurate without further interference.

point being is what

I think Vandelay's point is that in the evaluation of a high school QB it's helpful to know what classification of opponent he's playing against.

So, my question: If White gets a committable offer, does he committ on the spot??? Does he beat Harris' July 18th date?

Oooh... What if Harris commits silently, and White still gets a committable offer...? And, White commits on the spot???

Auburn is very interested in White. He could earn an offer even if Harris visit goes well but the staff still only plans on signing 1.

White is very Brandon Coxish in his accuracy, in his throwing motion, in his ability to place the ball where only his receiver can get it and in his arm strength.

If true, the arm strength would be a major negative. The mixture of Borges play calling, good route runners at WR, & Brandon's smarts maximized his talent. The lack of arm strength was tough to overcome.

Auburn is very interested in White. He could earn an offer even if Harris visit goes well.

Excellent News

Auburn is very interested in White. He could earn an offer even if Harris visit goes well.

Excellent News

Added to my OP

Sean White's highlight video is almost 12 minutes of his pocket collapsing almost immediately so he has to do apparent ad lib roll-outs on virtually every play. His O line looks dreadful! We could have used him last year.

Only thing this Sean White kid has done was show out at 1 event. There's got to be a reason why he's only a 3-star on Rivals. I prefer to get either Harris or Watson, but it looks like Watson is all Clemson for the time being.

You realize Cam Newton was a three star at around this time before his Senior. Also, Sean White didn't just show out at one event, he showed out at another camp, maybe two...then he received the invite to the Elite 11 where he put on a QB clinic against some of the "best" in the Country. If Auburn doesn't land BH, I hope Mr. White will be the next AU commitment.

Only thing this Sean White kid has done was show out at 1 event. There's got to be a reason why he's only a 3-star on Rivals. I prefer to get either Harris or Watson, but it looks like Watson is all Clemson for the time being.

You realize Cam Newton was a three star at around this time before his Senior. Also, Sean White didn't just show out at one event, he showed out at another camp, maybe two...then he received the invite to the Elite 11 where he put on a QB clinic against some of the "best" in the Country. If Auburn doesn't land BH, I hope Mr. White will be the next AU commitment.

Agree but would change it around to read "If Auburn doesn't land Mr. White, I hope BH will be the next AU commitment." Just my opinion as I would rather have a better passer who can hit the receiver in stride and can pick up a few yards with his legs when needed than a running QB who may not be as accurate. That type of QB would help in recruiting better WRs in the long run. We know both QBs can run the Gus system. But in my opinion, an accurate passer can thread the needle when needed and White has showed that he can scramble when the pocket collapses which happened in his highlights quite often.

I'm starting to agree with what E said earlier - as long as SW has the wheels to get away from a pash rush if a pocket collapses long enough to allow an open receiver, then color me happy. I'd be perfectly fine not having to rely on a QB who can make their own plays on the ground. If he can put a football through a tire at 30 yds (I haven't watched film on SW yet) then I'm all for it. It would be very nice to see our TD-INT ratio drop. I realize that last year was (knock on wood) an anomaly, but still want to see better numbers.

This is good to know. If he was taller it might be better, but since he is able to move around, which he shows well in the video of his practice, I am not that concerned. 6'1" now, maybe he is not done growing.

I agree we have backs to run the ball. we need someone that throw!

Just rehashing what of lot of you have already said, but I am concerned about the height of both of them. I know their heights are listed between 6'1"" and 6'2" which means they could be around 6'0". While performing well at a 7v7 is an indicator, there is a difference when under duress from very big men. You have to have the ability to see over the OL and DL guys sometimes to get the ball down field. I believe that was one of the reasons for Todd's success. Nobody accused him of being a runner, but I think he was 6'4". I guess that is why I lean towards the guy that has the best legs and ability to escape. If you are going to be on the short side for a D1 QB then you better have some running ability.

Either way, Harris and White will be on campus at the same time...

JMO, If White gets an offer, which I hope he does, I do not think he commits on this trip. He wants to see USCe which has been showing a great deal of interest in him. I am not sure when White will commit to anyone. I do not think that White is a done deal to AU if we want him. I think we have a good chance with him though.

Archived