QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

If we do miss out on either one...we still have Queen coming in '15 so I am not so worried about the situation. I think RS JJ if NM pans out and we will be fine. The only problem that I see would be backups...we do need quality there. Accurate passing is the key, I think we have plenty of runners on the team but there is a lot to be said of hitting a WR in stride and placing the ball where only your WR can get it.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how people can prefer White. His type is not the mold for our offense.

A Gus led offense at Tulsa was the #1 OFFENSE IN THE NATION for two years with a qb like White.

I think White will be a good(maybe great) QB for somebody. My lean to choose Harris is this. You get him, other top recruits follow him this year. I think Racean Thomas would be one for sure to follow him. Maybe i am way off base here...but just my thoughts.

I'm starting to believe more and more that Auburn could very well end up with two quarterbacks in this class. Why? It comes down to Morris getting a head coaching gig at the end of the season, which I think is a 90% chance.

Brandon Harris - Announces on July 18th...I think it comes down to AU and LSU with Ohio St. coming in 3rd. He obviously told Gus some really good things to lead Gus to believe that AU has a really, really good shot with him, or otherwise Gus wouldn't have let SW walk off of campus without an offer.

Sean White - Said AU will let him know in a few days on an offer...this will come down to what BH does imo...then again, wouldn't surprise me for Gus to take both, but I'm thinking that Gus wants to take one or the other right now. Disclaimer: AU fans should hold out hope that SW's childhood favorite Notre Dame doesn't offer.

DeShaun Watson - I believe that there's a 90-95% chance that Chad Morris gets a head coaching job this year as the season concludes. How much will this effect DW? Will he follow Morris to a place like Missouri? Will he stick with Clemson? Or Will he hop on the Gus Bus late in the game? I believe at this point most all schools will have at least one quarterback commit in their class and I assure you that they will not turn down DW if he wants to come. I doubt DW would come to AU if BH was already committed to the TIgers, but I can see him signing with us if SW is our only committed qb.

I'm starting to believe more and more that Auburn could very well end up with two quarterbacks in this class.

If we get Harris the staff will slow way down on Watson. If we get White the coaches as of now will stay on Watson.

As stated by E on the SW thread (I think, may be the BH thread), I prefer SW's accuracy to BH's running ability. It makes me sick to my stomach to ever say anything positive about bammer, but look at what they have done with thier QB's the last 4-5 years. McElroy and McCarron are not what anyone would consider "running" QB's, but they are able to make accurate, determined passes, hit receivers in stride, and lead receivers to get open. SW is this type of QB, and could be lethal in our offense. Cam Newton was a phenom. He was truly blessed with athletic ability, speed, power and an accurate cannon for an arm. This combination doesn't come around often, so to think that Harris will be the next Cam is stretching it a little bit. We all said the same thing about JJ last year. Holding our QB's to that standard is going to set us up for more disappointment than celebration.

I hope we offer SW, and he accepts, and we have a future QB that can pick apart a defense with his arm. Personally, I think we may already have this in Tyler Queen, but it's a long way until signing day, and probably 3-4 years before we see Queen on the field.

I'm starting to believe more and more that Auburn could very well end up with two quarterbacks in this class.

If we get Harris the staff will slow way down on Watson. If we get White the coaches as of now will stay on Watson.

Best case scenario is SW and DW becoming AU Tigers imho.

Best case scenario is SW and DW becoming AU Tigers imho.

Respectfully disagree. We currently have 4 QBs on scholarship, with a 2015 top prospect committed. Keep in mind we are under the 25/85 NCAA rules, so while QB is one, if not the only one, key positions, we don't need a crowded QB position. Besides that, none of the three, DW, SW, or BH, will stay committed if we sign another. If DW were to commit to us in, say late January, we'd most likely lose SW or BH if one had already committed.

Free post from BM on yesterdays visits Link

they (Harris & White )spent most of the visit apart. The coaches split their time with them plus Harris arrived early and left before White left.

2012 completion percentages BH 48% SW 70%.

I'll be happy with either one, but after seeing this stat, I prefer White.

Stats are great but are not the tell tell. These stats only hold water if they are throwing against comparable defenses, talent level, etc. You can't just blindly look at the numbers if they aren't comparing apples to apples. Besides, someone from earlier post said it best, he had a great week.

Stats are great but are not the tell tell. These stats only hold water if they are throwing against comparable defenses, talent level, etc. You can't just blindly look at the numbers if they aren't comparing apples to apples. Besides, someone from earlier post said it best, he had a great week.

No kidding!? :rolleyes::glare:

I think I am going with the coaches on this one. BH has an offer and SW does not. In the coaches mind it is not an either/or scenario. IMO they believe BH is the better prospect and they know more than any of us.

I think I am going with the coaches on this one. BH has an offer and SW does not. In the coaches mind it is not an either/or scenario. IMO they believe BH is the better prospect and they know more than any of us.

I don't know if it's so much that they think Harris is a better prospect as it is that White came on their radar much later (after an offer had been extended to Harris). Since they are men of integrity and already extended an offer to Harris and since his decision date is within the next week, they'll wait and see what Harris decides before deciding whether to extend an offer to White. If Harris' decision wasn't imminent, this probably would be handled differently.

Isn't Brandon going to make his commitment on the 18th?

Yes publicly. He will let the coaches know as early as tomorrow though.

Has Sean said when he will make his commitment known?

Would like to before September but he does not have an offer he wants yet.

Wish we would go ahead and offer White. We are okay at QB barring a rash of injuries.

Or QBs transferring after not winning the job.

Wish we would go ahead and offer White. We are okay at QB barring a rash of injuries.

I will be stunned if we don't lose at least one QB to a transfer, no matter who is named the starter.

Isn't Brandon going to make his commitment on the 18th?

Yes publicly. He will let the coaches know as early as tomorrow though.

I guess that's why the coaches told White they would have an answer for him on a scholarship offer "in a couple days."

If we offer SW this week then we all know where BH is going.

E, I know you have said Harris is a Dec. graduate. If BH does commit to Auburn doesn't it almost guarantee the loser in our fall QB race will not be competing in the Spring (transfer or position change). Is White also an EE? Either way I'm sure SW would have offers from almost everyone except almost everyone already has their QB if they plan on signing one this time.

E, I know you have said Harris is a Dec. graduate. If BH does commit to Auburn doesn't it almost guarantee the loser in our fall QB race will not be competing in the Spring (transfer or position change). Is White also an EE? Either way I'm sure SW would have offers from almost everyone except almost everyone already has their QB if they plan on signing one this time.

No. Nothing is a guarantee...and Nick is the only QB on the roster who has the skill set to play another position. As for the QBs who don't win the job it is up to them if they want to stay or not. This staff will not force them to do anything in that regard. Have not confirmed White is an EE but with a 4.3 GPA I would think he is a strong candidate.

I will be stunned if we don't lose at least one QB to a transfer, no matter who is named the starter.

If NM is the starter it is very likely.

Archived