QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

Just rehashing what of lot of you have already said, but I am concerned about the height of both of them. I know their heights are listed between 6'1"" and 6'2" which means they could be around 6'0". While performing well at a 7v7 is an indicator, there is a difference when under duress from very big men. You have to have the ability to see over the OL and DL guys sometimes to get the ball down field. I believe that was one of the reasons for Todd's success. Nobody accused him of being a runner, but I think he was 6'4". I guess that is why I lean towards the guy that has the best legs and ability to escape. If you are going to be on the short side for a D1 QB then you better have some running ability.

Drew Brees does the same thing at 6'1 and Russell Wilson at 5'11 FWIW. Also Harris is closer to 6'3 than 6'2.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO, If White gets an offer, which I hope he does, I do not think he commits on this trip. He wants to see USCe which has been showing a great deal of interest in him. I am not sure when White will commit to anyone. I do not think that White is a done deal to AU if we want him. I think we have a good chance with him though.

wants to commit in the next week or 2.

I'm starting to agree with what E said earlier - as long as SW has the wheels to get away from a pash rush if a pocket collapses long enough to allow an open receiver, then color me happy. I'd be perfectly fine not having to rely on a QB who can make their own plays on the ground. If he can put a football through a tire at 30 yds (I haven't watched film on SW yet) then I'm all for it. It would be very nice to see our TD-INT ratio drop. I realize that last year was (knock on wood) an anomaly, but still want to see better numbers.

Everyone needs to watch the film E has put up on White. He is very mobile. He has a great ability to avoid the rush. I think our receivers have NOT proven themselves yet. Here's hoping when our QB throws a good ball to one of our receivers, that we actaully catch the ball. We definitely need some great receivers.

I'm starting to agree with what E said earlier - as long as SW has the wheels to get away from a pash rush if a pocket collapses long enough to allow an open receiver, then color me happy. I'd be perfectly fine not having to rely on a QB who can make their own plays on the ground. If he can put a football through a tire at 30 yds (I haven't watched film on SW yet) then I'm all for it. It would be very nice to see our TD-INT ratio drop. I realize that last year was (knock on wood) an anomaly, but still want to see better numbers.

Everyone needs to watch the film E has put up on White. He is very mobile. He has a great ability to avoid the rush. I think our receivers have NOT proven themselves yet. Here's hoping when our QB throws a good ball to one of our receivers, that we actually catch the ball. We definitely need some great receivers.

You hit on a hot topic right there. It would seem that all of our WRs, not just some of them, should be able to do that on a consistent basis, doesn't it ? After all, that is why they are on a full scholarship in the first place. It is going to be very interesting to see the difference CDC makes in that department.

Everyone needs to watch the film E has put up on White. He is very mobile. He has a great ability to avoid the rush. I think our receivers have NOT proven themselves yet. Here's hoping when our QB throws a good ball to one of our receivers, that we actually catch the ball. We definitely need some great receivers.

You hit on a hot topic right there. It would seem that all of our WRs, not just some of them, should be able to do that on a consistent basis, doesn't it ? After all, that is why they are on a full scholarship in the first place. It is going to be very interesting to see the difference CDC makes in that department.

We gotta stop hitting them in the hands. Makes it too easy? :dunno:

Stated that if we offered he wanted a week to think it over which is also when Harris plans to Commit FWIW.

So when is White visiting USCe?

Stated that if we offered he wanted a week to think it over which is also when Harris plans to Commit FWIW.

So when is White visiting USCe?

He's not yet. He and His fam is driving from Auburn to Cincy but has nothing concretely set other than Auburn in case more offers come in. Then they would drive to other schools. SCar has not shown the interest yet that Auburn has.

Much in the same way 2010 was a positive "Perfect Storm", I see 2012 much the same in reverse. If it could go wrong it did and it did and it did etc.. Not sure how it looked on TV but with the exception of a small handful of players (Blake, Mason, O'Mac, Bates) we looked beaten. The player's faces and and body language said it all. Then you could look over at Chizik and he would just look diconnected from the whole process. He was less involved than "The Bahr" was at the end of his career.

We have some talent, we have guys that can catch and guys that can throw and guys that can tackle believe it or not. I have to keep myself in check but I expect to see a new looking bunch out there even among some veteran guys we have given up on in some cases.

What I heard you say was that we're getting our QB next week...

The chances seem likely we have at least 1 by next week. It may be a 2014 or 2015 QB. The chances of getting a QB for both classes is very possible also.

The chances seem likely we have at least 1 by next week. It may be a 2014 or 2015 QB. The chances of getting a QB for both classes is very possible also.

I was mostly just alluding to the White comment. IMO it sounds like he just wants to see where Harris goes to make sure he can commit to the good guys. Getting Queen would be awesome too, though I tend to hold off on getting too excited this early for the next class.

That would be HUGE.

Just rehashing what of lot of you have already said, but I am concerned about the height of both of them. I know their heights are listed between 6'1"" and 6'2" which means they could be around 6'0". While performing well at a 7v7 is an indicator, there is a difference when under duress from very big men. You have to have the ability to see over the OL and DL guys sometimes to get the ball down field. I believe that was one of the reasons for Todd's success. Nobody accused him of being a runner, but I think he was 6'4". I guess that is why I lean towards the guy that has the best legs and ability to escape. If you are going to be on the short side for a D1 QB then you better have some running ability.

Drew Brees does the same thing at 6'1 and Russell Wilson at 5'11 FWIW. Also Harris is closer to 6'3 than 6'2.

Good that Harris is actually closer to 6'3". I think Russell Wilson is a perfect example. While not a "runner", he had great ability to move around and run when he had to. He had quick feet. I think he did that a lot at Wisc. Yes he was a passer, but he could move. If White is like Russell Wilson then that is great.

Can't comment on the Drew Brees comparison. He is an established NFL star in his 12th year.

Good that Harris is actually closer to 6'3". I think Russell Wilson is a perfect example. While not a "runner", he had great ability to move around and run when he had to. He had quick feet. I think he did that a lot at Wisc. Yes he was a passer, but he could move. If White is like Russell Wilson then that is great.

Can't comment on the Drew Brees comparison. He is an established NFL star in his 12th year.

But Brees has always been that size and had to deal with getting the ball over lineman. And he has been an incredible QB, even at Purdue.

But Brees has always been that size and had to deal with getting the ball over lineman. And he has been an incredible QB, even at Purdue.

I guess the point is, that for every 6'1" Drew Brees that have succeeded there are probably 10 that have not been as successful.

Please don't compare a recent high school junior to a hall of fame, nfl record breaking, Super Bowl winning QB ... Regardless of how tall he is.

It just ain't fair to the young man...

Please don't compare a recent high school junior to a hall of fame, nfl record breaking, Super Bowl winning QB ... Regardless of how tall he is.

Nobody is saying Sean White will have the success Brees will but much like Brees White has excellent pocket awaereness and find ways of creating throwing lanes being shorter than the prototypical QBs. Their accuracy and arm strength are comparable as well when you look back to when Brees entered college.

If you are looking for a less daunting comparison Aaron Murray is comparable also.

White is nowhere near Wilson's mobility. Not even close. Do you realize how fast Wilson is?

Nobody is saying Sean White will have the success Brees will but much like Brees White has excellent pocket awaereness and find ways of creating throwing lanes being shorter than the prototypical QBs. Their accuracy and arm strength are comparable as well when you look back to when Brees entered college.

If you are looking for a less daunting comparison Aaron Murray is comparable also.

or 5'10" Doug Flutie....

Yes, E...this is what i was getting at.

Though 80 has it right that there are just as many if not more guys that size that never pan out.

I for one will take either of them. The fact that Gus wants them makes me excited, Gus knows QBs the way Petrino knows motorcycles.

*EDIT: Don't misconstrue this to be me flip-flopping AGAIN. After initially going in the BH direction, E made great points to sway me to SW. I'll gladly take either one, is the point I'm making.*

White is nowhere near Wilson's mobility. Not even close. Do you realize how fast Wilson is?

Nobody is saying nor implying he is. When we are talking mobility here we are talking behind the LOS, having great pocket awareness to move around and create throwing lanes for yourself. All 3 QB have that. There is no question RW has much more run ability in the open field. Another guy that comes to mind who had great pocket awareness even though he was as slow running as I am picking up on internet sarcasm, is my all time favorite QB DAN THE MAN MARINO

While under pressure. Agree 100%.

Archived