Varez Ward news

DANSBY

Yeah, read that. For the feds to indict means pretty strong case. Never good for those involved. I can't wait for this to spin into a program of point-shaving article on BSPN.

Yeah, read that. For the feds to indict means pretty strong case. Never good for those involved. I can't wait for this to spin into a program of point-shaving article on BSPN.

Agree 100%. Somehow AU will be assumed guilty of something by the masses. Still boggles my mind that someone could get CAUGHT point shaving at AU....seems like terrible play would have been easy to blend in.

Though this isn`t really an Auburn issue; it will be thanks to the wonderful sports media in this country. Glad Barbee sent him packing as soon as this became an issue.

Agree 100%. Somehow AU will be assumed guilty of something by the masses. Still boggles my mind that someone could get CAUGHT point shaving at AU....seems like terrible play would have been easy to blend in.

If that wasn't so sad, it would be funny.... :-\

If that wasn't so sad, it would be funny.... :-\/>

Yep! Why shave points on a team that's getting blown out twice a week anyway?

From what I have heard this looks Ward was hooking up with some shady characters from Montgomery trying to influence games. Looks like these guys had their hooks in other players from other schools as well, to the extent of that I don't know yet.

Is it strange that a mediocre program like AU would have been involved but then again, the culprits probably assumed that no one would be paying attention to unusual scoring droughts and sloppy play on a team like AU. It's interesting that Barbee could sense something was wrong. I hope that AU gets some credit for dumping this guy as soon as Barbee became suspicious. I can't recall something like this in past years where the HC of a team that was victimized by these sleazy characters actually blew the whistle on one of his players.

From what I have heard this looks Ward was hooking up with some shady characters from Montgomery trying to influence games. Looks like these guys had their hooks in other players from other schools as well, to the extent of that I don't know yet.

im going to assume that the indictment meant that varez did not cooperate with the po-po ... therefore no incrimination of the other potential parties? or is it known who the money guys were? cuz that is where the real story should be...

im going to assume that the indictment meant that varez did not cooperate with the po-po ... therefore no incrimination of the other potential parties? or is it known who the money guys were? cuz that is where the real story should be...

I think they do know who the money guys were. Their other assorted dealings, I would assume, will be made public in time.

First I have heard about it. googled it and read the article at BSPN. The article praised how Auburn handled things when we heard about it. I don't think anything will be made of this except some punk fixed games.

First I have heard about it. googled it and read the article at BSPN. The article praised how Auburn handled things when we heard about it. I don't think anything will be made of this except some punk fixed games.

too many pops???

too many pops???

It's a Tuesday, I am not you. I save those for Fri., Sat., Sun., and sometimes Wed.. Occasionally a Mon. or Thurs., but never Tues..

A thread that doesn't involve someone transferring? Whats the meaning of this? :)/>

Give it a week. We'll likely be singing "Another One Bites the Dust".

A thread that doesn't involve someone transferring? Whats the meaning of this? :)

a transfer may be happening, but it may be from lee county correctional to the fed pen ...

From what I understand; 1 or 2 players came to Barbee and JJ because Ward had tried to get them to join the scheme. 1 other olayer was temporarily suspended(can`t remember whom) at same time but reinstated very quickly when cleared by FBI. That is one of reasons AU was praised because of all the cooperation.

Denson was other player suspended. He is one that Ward tried to recruit who may have turned him in.

Archived