2014 Conference Schedule

The good news is Vandy and Florida rotate off. The bad news is Georgia does as well. Tennessee, Kentucky and South Carolina rotate on. Will be a heck of a season ticket with A&M, USC, MSU and LSU coming to the plains. Much easier start to the season than this year's ridiculousness.

2014 Auburn SEC Schedule:

March 14-16: Texas A&M (H)

March 21-23: Tennessee (A)

March 28-30: Missouri (H)

April 4-6: Ole Miss (A)

April 11-13: Alabama (A)

April 18-20: South Carolina (H)

April 25-27: Arkansas (A)

May 2-4: Mississippi State (H)

May 9-11: Kentucky (A)

May 15-17: LSU (H)

Wonder how our non conference schedule will look like.

At the very least we need to get back to scheduling home and home midweek series with Ga. Tech and FSU like we did under Baird.

Gotta love all the convenient memories: Check back and see who AU played in those days. 1997 was a typical season not much different than now:

2/7 MOREHEAD STATE . . .15-5 W

2/8 MOREHEAD STATE . . .17-2 W

2/9 MOREHEAD STATE . . . .4-2 W

2/11 MERCER . . . . . . . . . . . . .18-3 W

2/15 @ Southern Miss . . . . . . . . . . .4-3 W

2/16 @ at South Alabama . . . . . . .17-3 W

2/20 TROY STATE . . . . . . . . .10-7 W

2/22 MIDDLE TENN. ST.7 . . . .4-1 W

2/22 MIDDLE TENN. ST.7 . . .11-7 W

2/23 MIDDLE TENN. ST. . . . . .9-3 W

2/25 WINTHROP . . . . . . . . . . .13-7 W

2/26 WINTHROP . . . . . . . . . . . .5-3 W

3/1 DUQUESNE . . . . . . . . . . .11-2 W

3/2 DUQUESNE . . . . . . . . . . .11-0 W

3/3 DUQUESNE . . . . . . . . . . .11-5 W

3/4 at Samford (Vestavia) . . . . .7-0 W

3/5 DAVIDSON . . . . . . . . . . .14-3 W

3/7 * at South Carolina . . . . . . .3-17 L

3/8 * at South Carolina . . . . . . .10-6 W

3/9 * at South Carolina . . . . . . .21-6 W

3/12 WILLIAM & MARY . . . .10-8 W

3/14 * TENNESSEE [10] . . . . . . .4-5 L

3/15 * TENNESSEE . . . . . . . . . .16-4 W

3/16 * TENNESSEE . . . . . . . . . . .5-3 W

3/21 * GEORGIA . . . . . . . . . . . .14-1 W

3/22 * GEORGIA . . . . . . . . . . . . .9-2 W

3/23 * GEORGIA . . . . . . . . . . . .13-6 W

3/25 at UAB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9-7 W

3/28 * at Kentucky5 . . . . . . . . . . .5-0 W

3/29 * at Kentucky [12] . . . . . . . . .5-6 L

3/30 * at Kentucky . . . . . . . . . . . .18-3 W

4/2 SAMFORD . . . . . . . . . . . . .9-3 W

4/4 * at Florida . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3-5 L

4/5 * at Florida . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9-4 W

4/6 * at Florida . . . . . . . . . . . . . .15-7 W

4/8 VMI . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .14-2 W

4/9 VMI . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17-3 W

4/12 * ALABAMA . . . . . . . . . . .13-8 W

4/13 * ALABAMA . . . . . . . . . . .7-22 L

4/14 * ALABAMA [11] . . . . . .11-12 L

4/15 MERCER . . .

You should look at more schedules. The 1999 nonconference schedule had a number of BCS schools in it.

You should look at more schedules. The 1999 nonconference schedule had a number of BCS schools in it.

I was just responding to your generalization and implication that JP did not ever play tough OOC games whereas HB played a lot of them. That's simply not true. In fact, Slater seems to have played the most difficult OOC schedule during his brief time at AU....and lot of good it did him. I have the entire AU baseball record book linked and you can check any year you wish... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/aub/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/08mg-History.pdf. note that contrary to your assertion. AU's baseball schedule differs quite a bit from one year to the next and go back as far as you like, but AU just about always plays a "spring training" schedule at the beginning of the year. That said, I also would like to see a better OOC and maybe with a little softer SEC schedule this coming year, the new coach might schedule some games with Big 10 teams who often travel south early in the season.

Regardless we still need to schedule midweek hom and homes with FSU and Ga. Tech. Schedule those 4 games and the rest of the nonconference schedule can be like it was this year and it will not hurt us come late may.

Regardless we still need to schedule midweek hom and homes with FSU and Ga. Tech. Schedule those 4 games and the rest of the nonconference schedule can be like it was this year and it will not hurt us come late may.

Probably true but I notice that both schools currently play mid-weeks games with the same kind of competition that AU does.....and it takes two to tango. Would help us to step up the pre-season schedule a bit and that can be done.

It was Arizona State's turn to come here for a three game series this year and Coach P. canceled that. I think we picked up always-tough Brown to fill the void. Last year's series with Mizzou became conference games and we could have picked up some random BCS school to replace them, but we uh, failed to do so and this dodging of strong opposition was part of the reason Florida got in the NCAA and AU didn't.

It was Arizona State's turn to come here for a three game series this year and Coach P. canceled that. I think we picked up always-tough Brown to fill the void. Last year's series with Mizzou became conference games and we could have picked up some random BCS school to replace them, but we uh, failed to do so and this dodging of strong opposition was part of the reason Florida got in the NCAA and AU didn't.

And we missed out on some quality midweek games that really could have helped. We should have played USA, Mercer, and Troy in midweek home and home games. With those 3 teams being in the top 40 in the RPI that is 6 quality opponent games of which we only played one. No offense to Alabama State but we should never play them again.Even Beating them is an RPI killer.

Also I think you mean Arizona not Arizona State. We played our home and home series with ASU in 2010 and 2011. I will never forget it because ASU had some real jerkish fans. We played Arizona in last year and I think it was the Wildcats turn to come here this year before CJP backed out.

Quote: "Also I think you mean Arizona not Arizona State." Probably so. I have trouble keeping teams from foreign lands straight and anybody west of the Big River is a foreigner in my book!

After the 2012 season Coach P. was faced with a problem: His team wasn't eligible for the NCAA tournament because they didn't win over half of their games. There are two ways to correct that problem: Either field a better team or weaken the schedule. Coach P. chose the wimpy way out and weakened the schedule. Predictably, that also kept his team out of the tournament because of low RPI.

Archived