2015 3* DT Jaunt'avius Johnson commits to AU!

ellitor

First let me say I'm 4 times older than Mr. Johnson so I''m deffently of a different generation. Then let me say some people need to pull that corn cob out of thier a$$. While I would not anounce that way, I enjoyed watching JJ having fun making his anouncement. Afterall isn't that what college sports is all about, enjoyment? Goodness knows there are plenty of real life and death issues if that is what you want to watch, but for me I love Auburn and I enjoy Auburn sports.

JJ, welcome to the greatest family anywhere and I'm glad you are an Auburn Man!

I really enjoyed your post. Keep them commin.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I could have lived without the foolishness but it good to get a D-line commit in the class. Maybe this will be an ice breaker.

Personally I could have lived without the foolishness but it good to get a D-line commit in the class. Maybe this will be an ice breaker.

You mean the kind of foolishness that, if he had picked someone else, would have had most of us saying we don't want kids like that anyway? :-\

War Eagle, JJ, and welcome to the fam!

You mean the kind of foolishness that, if he had picked someone else, would have had most of us saying we don't want kids like that anyway? :-\

You pretty much nailed it.

You mean the kind of foolishness that, if he had picked someone else, would have had most of us saying we don't want kids like that anyway? :-\/>

You pretty much nailed it.

+1

He wouldn't have been "Auburn material".

Kid did something new and different. It worked out well for us. I hope he becomes another Monty. Can we get more film on JJ?

Not until he makes his hudl profile public.

FWIW Jaunty has lost 16 pounds and is down to 323 lbs. He hopes to be at 310 lbs when he enrolls at AU next summer.

Still makes me laugh that people schedule an announcement ceremony, show up with cameras and microphones to record it and stream it on the internet for people to tune in and watch live in the middle of a week day... and then everybody gets upset when the kids put on a show.

War Eagle and congrats, big man.

We need someone with a live tiger cub a la Crowell.

My favorite part was the 30 second delay where he disappeared, and you could start hearing everyone going "wtf? Did he just decommit from commiting?"

That was different....I don't think I have ever seen that one before. Young man enjoying his time in the lime-light and I am ok with that.

I love it! Notice how the crowd got overly excited when he put the bama hat on, and got toned down after he took it off, brilliant!

Sounded like more AU fans in there to me.

I love it! Notice how the crowd got overly excited when he put the bama hat on, and got toned down after he took it off, brilliant!

It was, I'm talking about the first crowd,bama fans.

It was, I'm talking about the first crowd,bama fans.

Gotcha!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw him today at the Southside game the dude does not look 330 lbs he's solid no flab he looks college ready

I am so proud of Jaunty for what he has done so far. He played at 370 or 380 last season but has disciplined himself and lost 40-50 pounds. His goal is to be at 305-310 when he gets to AU next summer.

I saw him today at the Southside game the dude does not look 330 lbs he's solid no flab he looks college ready

I am so proud of Jaunty for what he has done so far. He played at 370 or 380 last season but has disciplined himself and lost 40-50 pounds. His goal is to be at 305-310 when he gets to AU next summer.

that's great I can't wait to see him at Auburn

o_O

If you can even climb a flight of stairs at that weight, then you've got some athleticism to work with.

To be in HS and lose weight like that is really something. Sounds like he takes this seriously. The sky is the limit for Jaunty if he dedicates himself.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone see this on al.com today....the guy still looking around

http://www.al.com/sp...l#incart_river.

Does anyone care?

Not really. The only way he does not come to AU is if the staff changes their mind on him. I doubt that happens.

Does anyone care?

Not really. The only way he does not come to AU is if the staff changes their mind on him. I doubt that happens.

E...I was wondering if that was a possibility? Haven't seen much about him on this board or anywhere else in a while..curious if we had backed off.

Does anyone care?

E...I was wondering if that was a possibility? Haven't seen much about him on this board or anywhere else in a while..curious if we had backed off.

I was thinking Gus went and saw him play last weekend. Last I heard anyway.

Archived