2015 3* DT Jaunt'avius Johnson commits to AU!

ellitor

Did anyone see this on al.com today....the guy still looking around

http://www.al.com/sp...l#incart_river.

Does anyone care?

Not really. The only way he does not come to AU is if the staff changes their mind on him. I doubt that happens.

E...I was wondering if that was a possibility? Haven't seen much about him on this board or anywhere else in a while..curious if we had backed off.

I was thinking Gus went and saw him play last weekend. Last I heard anyway.

maybe 2nd half. He was watching Tyler Carr the first half.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see this on al.com today....the guy still looking around

http://www.al.com/sp...l#incart_river.

Does anyone care?

Not really. The only way he does not come to AU is if the staff changes their mind on him. I doubt that happens.

E...I was wondering if that was a possibility? Haven't seen much about him on this board or anywhere else in a while..curious if we had backed off.

Not at all. Jaunty has been very good this season since he dropped 30 pounds.

7.5 out of 10 :whistle:/>

Yeah, that didn't thrill me, to be honest.

It won't thrill a lot of folks, me included. It comes off bad no matter how ya slice it.

I referenced the 7.5 on another thread this morning and my post appears to have deleted but it's being freely discussed on this thread. Guess I must have caught a mod in a bad mood.

I referenced the 7.5 on another thread this morning and my post appears to have deleted but it's being freely discussed on this thread. Guess I must have caught a mod in a bad mood.

Yes but you did not reference where the info came from as AU64 did via the article link above. It sounded very similar from a premium article last week on Rivals so it was thought to be from a premium source so it was edited out per AUF rules. With your relatively low post count I assume you did not know so it's all good.

We do not need to lose Jautavius Johnson. Going from 1 Dline commits to NO Dline commits would be going from bad to worse. I'm not quite on the Dline panic train that so many seem to be on. However, we've got to at least maintain what we have and preferrably add 1 to 2 more.

We do not need to lose Jautavius Johnson. Going from 1 Dline commits to NO Dline commits would be going from bad to worse. I'm not quite on the Dline panic train that so many seem to be on. However, we've got to at least maintain what we have and preferrably add 1 to 2 more.

Agreed, but for whatever reason, we are having issues attracting D-Linemen this year. Not sure exactly why, since our D-Line is looking good!

Agreed, but for whatever reason, we are having issues attracting D-Linemen this year. Not sure exactly why, since our D-Line is looking good!

Quality DT's are the most rare commodity out there. That's the reason so many teams like to run the 3-4. At least that's what Coach Tuberville said when he was at AU and he is in some position to know. Why we aren't doing better worries me, but some seem to like to shrug it off with some version of "we'll be fine".

Mikey - I can't stand that "we'll be fine" mindset either. I still don't think we have the talent that LSU, FSU, and Alabama has. I certainly think we have the coaching and that is what is winning us ball games. But the more that we close the talent gap between us and the top tier teams in college football then the more we will dominate and establish ourselves as a national power. We are on the cusp of greatness if we can put together a couple of top recruiting classes.

Mikey - I can't stand that "we'll be fine" mindset either. I still don't think we have the talent that LSU, FSU, and Alabama has. I certainly think we have the coaching and that is what is winning us ball games. But the more that we close the talent gap between us and the top tier teams in college football then the more we will dominate and establish ourselves as a national power. We are on the cusp of greatness if we can put together a couple of top recruiting classes.

Well one way or the other, we're recruiting as well as we ever have. Gus has and will continue to bring in talent. THAT part of the equation is on point.

At the moment, we have a top 25 D-- that will start to get notice with recruits.

Not really. What gets notice with recruits outside of who do recruits have the best relationship within terms of coaches recruiting them is if you are an elite D, (Top 25 is a dramatic improvement but not elite), sending players in the top 3 rounds of the draft, and showing freshmen can get PT at your school

At the moment, we have a top 25 D-- that will start to get notice with recruits.

Not really. What gets notice with recruits outside of who do recruits have the best relationship within terms of coaches recruiting them is if you are an elite D, (Top 25 is a dramatic improvement but not elite), sending players in the top 3 rounds of the draft, and showing freshmen can get PT at your school

It's not an either/or. But most players want to play for a unit they can take pride in.

• 6 months later...

His rehab seems to be going okay ever since tearing his acl last year

Funny that I didnt even know he tore his ACL last year.

He tore it during the season, but played through it. Here's a free rivals article on it.

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1756555

Still, that article was just released today and he had surgery in late November. I would've expected a follow up or a story much sooner than this. Jaunty must be a tough as nails though. Playing through an ACL tear is unheard of.

He tore it during the season, but played through it. Here's a free rivals article on it.

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1756555

Still, that article was just released today and he had surgery in late November. I would've expected a follow up or a story much sooner than this. Jaunty must be a tough as nails though. Playing through an ACL tear is unheard of.

yeah it was under the radar for sure

How do you play through an ACL tear and what coach would let that happen? Surprised he didn't completely blow out his knee

Archived