2015 3* DT Jaunt'avius Johnson commits to AU!

ellitor

I'm terrible at analyzing DTs.. Can somebody tell me what this kid's strong points are?

Honestly, he doesn't have terribly quick feet. That is something I feel will greatly improve after a year or 2 with Ryan Russell. I feel confident in that because he already has a very quick first step and surprising burst. He doesn't have particularly great hands or anything right now. He is a LOT of untapped potential at this point and that will happen with Garner's coaching and Russell reconstructing his frame. The great thing is, he's a ready made run stopper if he can stay low. He struggles, like most, high school DTs with popping up out of his stance. Even though he bench presses a small house, he has to work on that.

In summary, very good NG prospect. Not likely to be a guy that lives in the backfield like a Nick Fairley or Montravius Adams or Gabe Wright. Ideally, he'd spend his Auburn career eating up double teams in the middle and letting our LBs make plays.

This will sound like sour grapes but the AU staff likes Johnson more than Payne. Don't get me wrong as they want both of these kids.

I actually agree. They're both very similar players. I'd have them rated about the exact same.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want him for his name. Can't wait to see Montravious, Dontavious, and Jauntavious all lined up next to each other(rhino package...obviously). Also, be on the lookout for 2016 DT Auburntavious Jackson. I hear we've got the early edge.

Or as I call them Monty, Donty, and Jaunty.

It'll be like the Duck Tales of college football. CRG can be Launchpad?

We need this commit. With Trent Thompson announcing next week to UGA (most likely), getting JJ is very important.

We need this commit. With Trent Thompson announcing next week to UGA (most likely), getting JJ is very important.

We need DT's period! Look at the graduation losses after this season. There's time enough to round some up but getting a guy to flip is a lot harder than signing one that you've been on from the get-go. The top prospects are slowly peeling off to other places.

Commits today at 12:30. Temporarily putting date and time in title. No word yet on video stream.

Archived