2015 3* DT Jaunt'avius Johnson commits to AU!

ellitor

Did his commit date change? Al.com has it for the 4th while Bryan M. has the 6th.

Consider who the first source you mention is and you should have your answer.

That is true. That's why i'm double checking. lol. Everywhere else I see the date is the 6th so I found my answer. :thumbsup:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did his commit date change? Al.com has it for the 4th while Bryan M. has the 6th.

Consider who the first source you mention is and you should have your answer.

That is true. That's why i'm double checking. lol. Everywhere else I see the date is the 6th so I found my answer. :thumbsup:

Hey! WE1983...it's the 6th! You're welcome! :poke:

I'm terrible at analyzing DTs.. Can somebody tell me what this kid's strong points are?

For starters, he is strong and a good athlete at his size. He is raw, and needs a year of Ryan Russell. Has not camped except at AU last Summer that I am aware of. Maybe we will get some film on him besides the one game. He is not very far behind some of the higher ranked DT's. He has the raw goods, I have wanted him to commit all year.

I'm terrible at analyzing DTs.. Can somebody tell me what this kid's strong points are?

I'll tweet this to KK. He and Bird are the best I know in our fanbase at analyzing that stuff.

ETA: No offense Dixie.

Honestly, he doesn't have terribly quick feet. That is something I feel will greatly improve after a year or 2 with Ryan Russell. I feel confident in that because he already has a very quick first step and surprising burst. He doesn't have particularly great hands or anything right now. He is a LOT of untapped potential at this point and that will happen with Garner's coaching and Russell reconstructing his frame. The great thing is, he's a ready made run stopper if he can stay low. He struggles, like most, high school DTs with popping up out of his stance. Even though he bench presses a small house, he has to work on that.

In summary, very good NG prospect. Not likely to be a guy that lives in the backfield like a Nick Fairley or Montravius Adams or Gabe Wright. Ideally, he'd spend his Auburn career eating up double teams in the middle and letting our LBs make plays.

Honestly, he doesn't have terribly quick feet. That is something I feel will greatly improve after a year or 2 with Ryan Russell. I feel confident in that because he already has a very quick first step and surprising burst. He doesn't have particularly great hands or anything right now. He is a LOT of untapped potential at this point and that will happen with Garner's coaching and Russell reconstructing his frame. The great thing is, he's a ready made run stopper if he can stay low. He struggles, like most, high school DTs with popping up out of his stance. Even though he bench presses a small house, he has to work on that.

In summary, very good NG prospect. Not likely to be a guy that lives in the backfield like a Nick Fairley or Montravius Adams or Gabe Wright. Ideally, he'd spend his Auburn career eating up double teams in the middle and letting our LBs make plays.

E, thanks for getting KK on here. KK, thanks for the post. We miss you over here. Please post more often.

This will sound like sour grapes but the AU staff likes Johnson more than Payne. Don't get me wrong as they want both of these kids.

This will sound like sour grapes but the AU staff likes Johnson more than Payne. Don't get me wrong as they want both of these kids.

Thank God you posted that. I have come close to just outright saying this myself. I believe if JJ played at a bigger school and/or went to camps, that he would be ranked a little higher. Much like McBryde IMO, he has as much talent and potential as many guys ranked higher.

Doesn't sound like sour grapes at all to me. The recruiting service ratings on Auburn commitments under this staff tend to go up. These are the talent evaluators we are looking for.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/4-star-DT-to-announce-Wednesday-afternoon-30077299

Jauntavius Johnson, a 4-star defensive tackle at Lincoln (Ala.) and an Auburn target, will announce his college choice 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the school, his coach -- Brad Wallace -- told AUC.

Johnson, who is 6-foot-2, 330 pounds, is the No. 20 defensive tackle in the 247Sports rankings.

He carries a 90 rating.

In the 247Sports Composite, Johnson has an 87 rating and is a 3-star recruit.

Johnson has long been considered an Auburn lean, and the Crystal Ball reflects that. There are nine predictions -- all for the Tigers. That said, he also claims offers from schools such as Alabama, Mississippi State and Louisville.

Auburn has 18 commitments for 2015, but none on the defensive line.

Thank God you posted that. I have come close to just outright saying this myself. I believe if JJ played at a bigger school and/or went to camps, that he would be ranked a little higher. Much like McBryde IMO, he has as much talent and potential as many guys ranked higher.

I really, honestly, appreciate the response guys. Great insight and makes me really excited about him probably coming to Auburn!

I just want him for his name. Can't wait to see Montravious, Dontavious, and Jauntavious all lined up next to each other(rhino package...obviously). Also, be on the lookout for 2016 DT Auburntavious Jackson. I hear we've got the early edge.

I just want him for his name. Can't wait to see Montravious, Dontavious, and Jauntavious all lined up next to each other(rhino package...obviously). Also, be on the lookout for 2016 DT Auburntavious Jackson. I hear we've got the early edge.

Hahaha :bow:

Is it Juantavious with it sounding like WONtavious? Or is it Juantavious sounding like JONtavious?

Or as I call them Monty, Donty, and Jaunty.

I just want him for his name. Can't wait to see Montravious, Dontavious, and Jauntavious all lined up next to each other(rhino package...obviously).

They could be called the "AV" package!

Tomorrow is the day. What will happen???? I feel the good guys win this one.

Now just need to hold on to Montavious

Or as I call them Monty, Donty, and Jaunty.

That's actually pretty funny e

Archived