2013 3* P Jimmy Hutchinson commits to AU! (grayshirt)

RunInRed

How does the offensive system or defensive system directly affect the special teams?

That is why I said I would keep Hutch.

I did not say you wanted to let him go. The reason I did not reference what you said is because my opinion was not directly aimed at you but at the idea that the off. and defensive schemes and the recruits needed to do run those schemes belong in the same discussion with the punter because they do not. I saw that you said we should keep him and agree with you, but bringing up the off and def is mostly pointless to this recruit which is my point.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wavering?

What makes you ask this

Hoke posted something then deleted it because the issue may be resolved. I don't know what the issue is.

This all started from this and some tweet from Tommy@TommyAuburn to Hutch? Can someone clarify other than speculation? Is there anything here?

Wavering?

What makes you ask this

Hoke posted something then deleted it because the issue may be resolved. I don't know what the issue is.

This all started from this and some tweet from Tommy@TommyAuburn to Hutch? Can someone clarify other than speculation? Is there anything here?

At this moment, no

Wavering?

What makes you ask this

At this moment, no

Thanks...I can relax.

A new coaching staff should honor the commitments by these high school kids. Personal wealth of the family is irrelevant. Committed to previous staff is irrelevant. All commitments should be honored unless there is grade or personality issues.

Cutting a kid loose is simply uncool. There is no justification for it.

While I think Hutch should be kept because a quality punter is a quality punter. I disagree with your post. The job of the new staff is to try to get the best players for the systems. We are going to a new offensive and defensive systems that uses different kinds of players. No point in trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

i guess my point might be a little in the semantics area ... if i were the new coach, i would straight up tell a kid where i thought he fit in our system. if he wasnt a fit, then i would tell him so and that it could easily affect his chances of seeing the field as i build my team ... the difference is, i would tell the kid your slot will be held for you if you still want it ... i.e. i would not "pull it". there is a caveat that the kid would have to be honest in reverse. no flirting around with an end of the day switch. if you want in, knowing your playing chances could be limited then fine. but if you want out, tell me soon and so we can do what we need to do. i personally think this is what may have happened before the holidays with a lot of the decommits.

this issue with hutch just seems to be bizarre. i would not think there would be a "system" issue with a punter.

Hutch must be a pro style punter instead of a HUNH spread punter. ;)/>

i don't care who you are, that sh@t is funny!!

Epic...actually beyond epic sir.

Been told Gus is not a fan of giving schollies to punters and kickers. If he honors them it may be the last time for a while.

Been told Gus is not a fan of giving schollies to punters and kickers. If he honors them it may be the last time for a while.

I hate to hear that. Could be a huge mistake.

If he's not planning on honoring them, he should have communicated that in early December. Be a man, Gus.

I am aware that it was not Gus who recruited him, but did anyone see Arky State's punting stats this year? From my perspective they were on par with our tackling.

I know I'm no coach, but perhaps it behooves Gus to rethink this stance.

If he's not planning on honoring them, he should have communicated that in early December. Be a man, Gus.

A great deal of speculation on this whole thread. This thread is running on rumored processing fuel.

You only need a good Punter and a Kicker every other year so next time we need to recruit them would be the 2015 class.

Really every 3 or 4 years, a very minimal investment that easily pays off, IMO.

You only need a good Punter and a Kicker every other year so next time we need to recruit them would be the 2015 class.

Really every 3 or 4 years, a very minimal investment that easily pays off, IMO.

Hard to know .....some of (maybe most) our best punters over the years have been walk-ons who might get a scholly one or two years. I think giving full scholarships to punters is a new thing...maybe to FG kickers too. Damon Duval was one of the best we had and seems I recall he left or quit over a dispute about getting a scholly.

We need to do what's right by Hutchinson this year but I don't have a problem with just giving one every now and then...maybe after a player has earned it.

A general comment; The suggestions about "You come from a family of means, so pay your own way for a year or two until we get a scholarship available" can't work. If a player is deemed to be a "recruited athlete" he counts against both the annual and overall scholarship limits whether he pays his own way or not.

That rule prevents every lawyer in Alabama from "sponsoring" a walkon kid at UAT that would otherwise be on scholarship.

A general comment; The suggestions about "You come from a family of means, so pay your own way for a year or two until we get a scholarship available" can't work. If a player is deemed to be a "recruited athlete" he counts against both the annual and overall scholarship limits whether he pays his own way or not.

That rule prevents every lawyer in Alabama from "sponsoring" a walkon kid at UAT that would otherwise be on scholarship.

That makes sense...not to mention it would just be crappy to do that to the kid when he's worked as hard at his position as anyone...

Saw a few minutes ago he tweeted this:

Jimmy Hutchinsons

EDIT.....

Lets not start this until we know what the heck its all about

[

probably should not post tweets like that unless we know 100% what it's about.

[

My fault, I meant to ask does anyone know if that is about AU, because that COULD have something to do with family/friends/previous HS team mates, etc.

1000% agree!!!! This kid could be talking to his friends for saying "Roll Tide", for pete's sake. Putting this out there only causes more speculation and rumor.

Archived