2013 3* P Jimmy Hutchinson commits to AU! (grayshirt)

RunInRed

Saw a few minutes ago he tweeted this:

[

probably should not post tweets like that unless we know 100% what it's about.

Do you think he was reading Mikey's thread?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know why my post was edited. I posted a tweet that was open and asked a question about it. I fail to see a rule that was broken and would very much like an explanation as to why my post was edited without me doing it.

And as quick as that, just like I posted right after my last post,

Jimmy Hutchinson@Kicker_88

My last tweet had nothing to do with football.. #EveryoneChill

Still, I have every right to ask a question about it to people who typically know what is going on.

A mod edited. Ultimate editor type decision. Thought it might be misleading......my opinion. Just a content issue. I don't think you had any harm intended to mislead.

There was nothing misleading to it. That is what he tweeted, and I saw on here that he was rumored to be having something of an issue with the new coaching staff. I posted it hoping for some sort of explanation.

Still, I have every right to ask a question about it to people who typically know what is going on.

Yes but when dealing with these kind of tweets do it privately through a PM.

Yes but when dealing with these kind of tweets do it privately through a PM.

^^This^^

There was nothing misleading to it. That is what he tweeted, and I saw on here that he was rumored to be having something of an issue with the new coaching staff. I posted it hoping for some sort of explanation.

The way for that would be to ask the people involved in the conversation.....and hey you got a response :bow:

By the way in that last tweet Jimmy said "everyone chill."

I started a thread about a tweet from a reporter who said Sumlin turned down Auburn and it got deleted right away....thought it was relevant, but it got deleted and no pm from a mod explaining why. I really think it is not hard for a mod to pm a message on why something is deleted when they do so.

I started a thread about a tweet from a reporter who said Sumlin turned down Auburn and it got deleted right away....thought it was relevant, but it got deleted and no pm from a mod explaining why. I really think it is not hard for a mod to pm a message on why something is deleted when they do so.

The mods have said it's on the poster to PM a mod when something like that happens. If the mods sent a PM for everything deleted they would not have a life.

The mods have said it's on the poster to PM a mod when something like that happens. If the mods sent a PM for everything deleted they would not have a life.

but we would need to know which mod deleted the post as to guessing and randomly sending one to a mod and them finding out which mod deleted it and why? I do understand where you are coming from and the mods.

but we would need to know which mod deleted the post as to guessing and randomly sending one to a mod and them finding out which mod deleted it and why? I do understand where you are coming from and the mods.

Good lord people I PM 2012 after I finished editting his post and the 4 after his.. Can we get back to recruiting

Good lord people I PM 2012 after I finished editting his post and the 4 after his.. Can we get back to recruiting

I am glad that you did, i hope that other mods follow you in letting us know what was wrong. Props to you.

For a minute there, I thought it said BM. :OnTheCan:

Are we going to let poor Hutch rest thru the night? Remember the Hutch said we should chill. Hey this could be like the new Ferris Bueller ..... The Hutch said chill.

[

Educate yourself, please. That isn't "my thread". A mod started that thread, titled that thread and forged my name in the "started by" place. Go back and read all about it.

Now to the point: Had Hutchinson read my comments about him, he'd know I think Auburn is 100% obligated to sign him to a scholarship. Should the unfortunate happen and Hutch decommit, that would just add another one to our list of losses.

[

Educate yourself, please. That isn't "my thread". A mod started that thread, titled that thread and forged my name in the "started by" place. Go back and read all about it.

Now to the point: Had Hutchinson read my comments about him, he'd know I think Auburn is 100% obligated to sign him to a scholarship. Should the unfortunate happen and Hutch decommit, that would just add another one to our list of losses.

Mikey...my comment was made as a joke. Hutch's edited comment was something along the lines of....can't stand this I am out of here. Thus a joking reference that he might read the comments under that heading and say.......can't stand this I am out of here. As Hutch said to all in his tweet.... chill.

[

Over 6,000 posts. That is a lot of ruined threads.

Mikey has been a great contributor to this board. Lately it just seems like he has a big problem with all the new people dispersing recruiting info. Then he developed all these ridiculous expectations for the new staff. I don't think the dogpile on him the other day helped, not that it wasn't at least partially deserved.

What he said. Mikey seemed alright at first, but for some reason, the influx of insiders seems to have really bothered him. That, and he likes to undermine people...

[

Mikey's been around here for a while, but until I explained it to him, he apparently prefered to toss around accusations and cast aspersions like above instead of finding out the real answer. Sooooo.... this is for anyone and everyone:

If you hijack a thread and send it in the ditch on a totally different discussion and that portion of the thread is split off from the original thread with YOUR post that actually started the derailment first, YOU just became the OP for a new thread and we (the mods) get to decide what the title will be.

Mind you, it would be MUCH easier for the moderators to just delete the offending post(s) and move on and often do. However, since sometimes the policing doesn't happen immediately and many more posts of some substantive value may have been posted by then, I generally split off all of those off-subject posts so the original conversation can continue and the new conversation can continue as well. No black helicopter conspiracies or any other such nonsense. End of story.

So, there was NO "mod starting a thread" or "forging (Mikey's) name" as Mikey suggested. It was all done automatically once the offending posts were moved (except the title).

NOW, BACK TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD!

Eh-hem! That there Jimmy Hutchinson is a FINE young man...And one hell-a kicker I hear tell..Ummm, Anyone?...Anyone?...Bueller?

:whistle:

Oooo-kay...How 'bout now? .....or now! :dunno:

Archived