2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

I know what the plan is (at least what we're told is the plan. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Plans can change quicker than they can be developed.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E do you still feel as strongly about JJ leaving early with the news of the coaching staff wanting to redshirt him? Why redshirt your 2nd best QB to save an extra year of eligibility if he is destined to leave before his eligibility us up anyway? If he is second best it seems they would want to get him some playing time in case NM goes down or leaves early himself. So what gives?

I never said strongly. It's just something to be very aware of given JJ exceeds the NFL prototype for NFL QBs in every possible way. JJ should stay through his RS Junior year at minimum but that will not stop from NFL people drooling all over him if he has a good RS Soph year. For the rest you can RS a player and still give him 2nd team reps. Bama did it with AJ his Freshman year.

Ok thanks again for the quick reply.

EagleDamnWar, per his twitter, thinks Sean White has a chance to enter the Rivals250 tomorrow. TIFWIW

If he is not in the Rivals250, it will be a mistake. I watched the Elite 11 again last night on ESPNU. It was interesting really how little they focused on Sean, but he wins it all. He is quite a competitor. He has winner written all over him. I want to make sure I watch his game on TV in a week or 2. Please someone keep us posted on when it will be played. Dilfer said some great things about Sean.

EagleDamnWar, per his twitter, thinks Sean White has a chance to enter the Rivals250 tomorrow. TIFWIW

If he is not in the Rivals250, it will be a mistake. I watched the Elite 11 again last night on ESPNU. It was interesting really how little they focused on Sean, but he wins it all. He is quite a competitor. He has winner written all over him. I want to make sure I watch his game on TV in a week or 2. Please someone keep us posted on when it will be played. Dilfer said some great things about Sean.

What gets me with Rivals is Jacob Park moved up 110 spots and he struggled at the camps this summer. I agree with E that 247 is better at ranking players. Seems Rivals is still "political" when they choose their top players.

Sean is 181 in the new Rivals 250 and got his 4th* from them. With Sean being a 4* on 3 of the 4 sites hopefully he will be a 4* on the composite when it is updated. Also Sean jumped from the #22 Pro Style QB to #10 on Rivals.

Sean is 181 in the new Rivals 250 and got his 4th* from them. With Sean being a 4* on 3 of the 4 sites hopefully he will be a 4* on the composite when it is updated. Also Sean jumped from the #22 Pro Style QB to #10 on Rivals and #1 in our hearts :wub: .

FIFY here as well.

Sean is 181 in the new Rivals 250 and got his 4th* from them. With Sean being a 4* on 3 of the 4 sites hopefully he will be a 4* on the composite when it is updated. Also Sean jumped from the #22 Pro Style QB to #10 on Rivals and #1 in our hearts :wub: .

FIFY here as well.

lol. I am going to start calling you Cheesy D.

Hey guys. Havent posted much in a long time but I saw this article on Sean White's team. Looks like they will be pretty tough this year, and we can all look forward to Sean being a very battle tested QB due to level of competition he is playing with and against in Florida. Thought I would share.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/20/3573748/south-florida-high-school-football.html

War Eagle! Looking forward to kickoff!

Sean is 181 in the new Rivals 250 and got his 4th* from them. With Sean being a 4* on 3 of the 4 sites hopefully he will be a 4* on the composite when it is updated. Also Sean jumped from the #22 Pro Style QB to #10 on Rivals and #1 in our hearts :wub:/> .

FIFY here as well.

Iiim not so sure thats a good idea. Lol

Sean is 181 in the new Rivals 250 and got his 4th* from them. With Sean being a 4* on 3 of the 4 sites hopefully he will be a 4* on the composite when it is updated. Also Sean jumped from the #22 Pro Style QB to #10 on Rivals and #1 in our hearts :wub:/> .

FIFY here as well.

Iiim not so sure thats a good idea. Lol

It ain't easy being Cheezy.

Thanks to the Rivals bump Sean White got his 4th star on the composite. Thread title has been updated.

thought to ponder....will he redshirt? will we start that trend? looks like we have qb kind of locked for a while if the commits stay with us. JJ redshirt this year....SW next year and TQ year after that....? don't know what that will feel like! Hopefully very good feelings to come out of all of this....

Thanks to the Rivals bump Sean White got his 4th star on the composite. Thread title has been updated.

Great to hear. Congrats Sean, you deserve it!

thought to ponder....will he redshirt? will we start that trend? looks like we have qb kind of locked for a while if the commits stay with us. JJ redshirt this year....SW next year and TQ year after that....? don't know what that will feel like! Hopefully very good feelings to come out of all of this....

like Stan White, Pat Nix, Craig felt like!

Be careful AUT88 and "jingleheimer-schmidt", the "future police" pulled me over yesterday for contemplating whether or not we kept our current QB's + Commits.

Be careful AUT88 and "jingleheimer-schmidt", the "future police" pulled me over yesterday for contemplating whether or not we kept our current QB's + Commits.

Clever!! I think jingleheimer-schmidt every time I read a johnjacob post!! Hilarious!

I hope we play jj this year. get him ready to take over that way we wont be blind sided if he's not ready. and I mean meaningful snaps.( usce 2012)

I kind of agree. I think Auburn has done a very poor job, over the last twenty+ years, of developing the back-up QB. That is one thing I am watching with how Gus handles that.

JJ may or may not redshirt this year. The plan sure seems to be redshirting him, but if Marshall goes down for an extended period, the thought is that Johnson would be the one to replace him.

However, so long as Marshall doesn't put up otherworldly statistics and go pro after this season, we'll have him, Johnson, and Wallace next year for a complete depth chart at QB, so I suspect he will redshirt in any case.

I hope we play jj this year. get him ready to take over that way we wont be blind sided if he's not ready. and I mean meaningful snaps.( usce 2012)

I think we can do both without too much problem. From all appearances, Johnson will still be taking reps with the regular offense and be part of the game planning sessions while Tuberville runs the scout team. Provided that Marshall stays healthy, there is no downside to redshirting Johnson as he will still have a year for Marshall to mentor him. From there, he has three more years to play instead of just two. I understand the argument about him going pro early, but I just don't believe the potential of JJ being forced into action this season is high enough to outweigh salvaging a fourth year.

To put it in perspective, where would we have been in 2004 had Jason Campbell been given meaningful snaps behind Ben Leard rather than redshirting?

I think we can do both without too much problem. From all appearances, Johnson will still be taking reps with the regular offense and be part of the game planning sessions while Tuberville runs the scout team. Provided that Marshall stays healthy, there is no downside to redshirting Johnson as he will still have a year for Marshall to mentor him. From there, he has three more years to play instead of just two. I understand the argument about him going pro early, but I just don't believe the potential of JJ being forced into action this season is high enough to outweigh salvaging a fourth year.

To put it in perspective, where would we have been in 2004 had Jason Campbell been given meaningful snaps behind Ben Leard rather than redshirting?

Count me in the group that does not want JJ to redshirt as well. He is talented and we may need him. Plus we have good talent coming in behind JJ.

Count me in the group that does not want JJ to redshirt as well. He is talented and we may need him. Plus we have good talent coming in behind JJ.

I assure you that if needed, JJ will play. But mop-up duty won't make him any better so unless we need him to spell an injured NM and salvage a promising season I think we RS JJ. Why wouldn't we?

Archived