2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have seen that University School lost to Booker T Washington 45 - 17. Season over. Maybe Sean can come to the game next week now. Washington is a wicked good HS team. They should win the state championship. They schooled Norcross, GA 55 - 0.

Sean White looked great, but he does not have sure handed receivers. He dropped balls right into receivers hands in tight coverage. I think the ack of receivers holds him back for the 5th star. Definitely an extremely accurate passer.

Should be a great one before he leaves the plains!

WDE!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see Sean's highlights of his senior year. Thanks for Posting. He certainly has a great arm. I hope he can run some zone read too.

Well I guess that puts me on a slippery slope.. Sean White is awesome. The qb . Elite 11 MVP.. that guy. That's what I meant. I am being judged .

Nice highlight vid. That kid can certainly throw the rock. If it's him or JJ, the future looks bright at QB. I suspect we will not be accused of being one dimensional with one of those guys starting.

I can see why he picked AU after watching that video... his home field turf looks terrible! He wants to play his future home games on the nicest turf in football, Pat Dye Field.

Nice highlight vid. That kid can certainly throw the rock. If it's him or JJ, the future looks bright at QB. I suspect we will not be accused of being one dimensional with one of those guys starting.

And to have Roc running the ball. The future of Auburn Football sure looks bright. War Eagle

I know I shouldn't compare a high schooler to any NLF QB- much less one of the very best- but his ability to keep his eyes downfield while moving around laterally to avoid the rush reminds me quite a bit of Drew Brees.

Watch his throwing mechanics in these videos. They show an accurate, quick release, bazooka arm in these highlights. Great stuff. fwiw, when he draws back his arm to throw, his arm goes WAY out then corrects to come overhead at the release. Quirky is an understatement. Not to say anything needs to be changed, just making an observation.

Watch his throwing mechanics in these videos. They show an accurate, quick release, bazooka arm in these highlights. Great stuff. fwiw, when he draws back his arm to throw, his arm goes WAY out then corrects to come overhead at the release. Quirky is an understatement. Not to say anything needs to be changed, just making an observation.

I just don't see what you're talking about. His mechanics (arm&feet) are pretty darn good and he's even mindful to maintain them under pressure which is really hard for most HS kids to master. You don't get that kind of consistent accuracy without good mechanics.

Just to re-live some of the comments from the Elite 11:

• "Sean White had a great day. White made three throws on a sluggo that was as good as I've seen in my years. He threw it better than I ever threw it in all my years. He has a unique feel for certain throws." - Trent Dilfer
  • "His accurate isn't just accurate," Dilfer said. "It's exact. It's an NFL type of ball. I'm stealing this from Steve Young, but he has an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball. He just doesn't throw a hinge. He throws the receiver open with the hinge. He just doesn't throw a skinny post. He sends a message with his skinny post.
  • "Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd had a 10-minute conversation about him today. His pass proficiency blows your mind." - Dilfer

Jim Furyk

I just don't see what you're talking about. His mechanics (arm&feet) are pretty darn good and he's even mindful to maintain them under pressure which is really hard for most HS kids to master. You don't get that kind of consistent accuracy without good mechanics.

• "Sean White had a great day. White made three throws on a sluggo that was as good as I've seen in my years. He threw it better than I ever threw it in all my years. He has a unique feel for certain throws." - Trent Dilfer
  • "His accurate isn't just accurate," Dilfer said. "It's exact. It's an NFL type of ball. I'm stealing this from Steve Young, but he has an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball. He just doesn't throw a hinge. He throws the receiver open with the hinge. He just doesn't throw a skinny post. He sends a message with his skinny post.
  • "Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd had a 10-minute conversation about him today. His pass proficiency blows your mind." - Dilfer

I'm with you, VT. I didn't see anything weird, loopy, or remotely resembling Jim Furyk.

:dunno:

Yeah, I gotta go with Valley here. I have heard absolutely nothing in regards to his mechanics being odd, quirky or less than stellar ever.

White is a special talent. Every time I have watched him this year, I cannot help but be super impressed.

He throws with such accuracy into tight windows, it is hard to believe he is a HS QB. If he had receivers on his team, bet he would be a 5 star.

He is going to be a good one under Gus and Rhett's tutelage.

Just think:

1. Marshall 2013-2015 (includes bowl game)

2. Johnson : 2015-2017 (includes bowl game)

3. White: 2017-2020 (if he reshirts next year and including bowl game)

Our QB situation (and RB situation) looks incredibly bright years down the road.

Archived