Wesley Person, Jr.

benjazz

Has he been offered by us? Surely he has. If he wants to come here it should be a no-brainier. He's apparently a good player in his own right and of course the family history is obvious.

Maybe he will walk on but I see no scenario at this point where an SEC level team would offer him a scholarship. Love his dad and his uncle but that is the cold hard truth.

You could very well be right, although since I haven't seen us sign too many elite SEC level players lately, I'd be pretty disappointed in missing the boat on this kid.

There's this hypothetical guy out there that's a borderline college talent. Most likely headed to a small school in, at best, a mid-major conference. However, he has older relatives that were great at Auburn. Do we sign him because of who his (brother, father, cousin, uncle) were?

I say not. We've passed on legacy football players in the same situation. If he really wants to attend Auburn, Wesley Sr. can afford to pay for him and two or three of his best friends as well.

According to tos we are now recruiting him. So is UGA. Tougher to get discovered when you play at a 1a level.

Maybe or maybe not. Kids like Person Jr generally get recognized based on their stats and team accomplishments. I expect, what's hard to do is evaluate the player in a situation where he is not the most athletic guy on the floor and excelling in 1A or 2A is a long way from the SEC. Much as I hate the Nike Camps, etc. that's probably where a guy like Person Jr. will be (or not be) able to prove that he is Div 1 material. So do we have anything on AAU or camps about him yet?

Not that I read, but it makes sense if he was lightly recruited before this summer and now he's playing AAU ball and bigger schools are becoming interested that he must be impressing them with his AAU play. Very good point. I forget about that AAU stuff all the time.

WDE!!

Archived