who we need to win

gabe_96

assuming all three teams win out...here are the important games that we need to happen for our computer rankings to strengthen.

Georgia has to beat Georgia tech.

South carolina could help a lot by beating Clemson

Florida really needs to beat FSU

if those three games happen then SEC is going to fare much better in the strength of conference rankings used by a couple of the computer polls.

Even though we didn't play florida, all of their losses came to teams we beat and each of those teams (miss st, georgia, tenn, and LSU will go up in the rankings if Florida can pull off the upset it would really be good for us), another thing that would be huge(that isn't obvious) is if California could be upset by stanford or Especially Southern Miss...alabama beat southern piss and it would move them way up and move USC's biggest victory way down in it's importance. Since the California win is so big in USC's computer rankings, a loss to either team would almost assuredly allow auburn to move up a spot in the computer polls.

less important but still good would be if arizon could beat arizona state....

the next thing hurts me since I like virignia tech kinda, but if viriginia tech starts to look a lot worse it would help us tremendously since that is also one of USC's biggest wins...vt plays maryland Miami and UVA so they could definitely lose some of those...I know it is hard to root for miami, but this year I am going to do it thye need to beat VT and hopefully uva will as well those twwo losses will take vt out of the top 30 in most rankings and really start to make USC look crappy.

you also need to root for oregon to get beat by oregon state...this should happen ...this was one of the vaunted out of confernece opponents of oklahamo and this will give them a losing record if they lose...

on our side of the fence if la tech can beat rice it would be nice, but if they beat boise state then that would give them a winning record and a great win and really boost auburns strength of schedule...if florida beats fsu and la tech beats boise st then we are in the orange bowl....IMO although bsu will probably kick their tails so the win over rice is needed at a minimum

lousiana monroe needs to beat louisiana lafeyette...as silly as it sounds this is pretty important...I've looked at all six computer polls in detail and trust me all this stuff is important ...all that said

the most important thing is to beat bama by 30 then beat tennesee by 30 and please please please don't let tennessee lose to Vanderbilt or Kentucky...that will hurt us badly unless they lose to both of them , then we play Georgia...but do we really want that?

it doesn't matter much what Citadel does since they are 1-aa they get ignored by most polls and just get marked down as sucky...

as for ole miss, miss st and ark and LSU it doesn't matter too much what happens since we play all of them, but in general we want the favorite to win each of those games

Gabe

Guys, this worrying is not necessary. This weekend is the weekend that the Irish take down the Trojans, leaving us to play OU. And, since this is the case, we will whip that a$$. War Damn Eagle!

Guys, this worrying is not necessary.  This weekend is the weekend that the Irish take down the Trojans, leaving us to play OU.  And, since this is the case, we will whip that a$$.  War Damn Eagle!

122676[/snapback]

that would be nexy weekend.

We need to beat the turds by at least 50. Not only for the BCS ratings, but for the smile on my face. I'd look like the guy on the 'male enhancement' commercial for a year, at least. I'd be 'LIVING LARGE'!!!!

Darby is the real deal at runningback..just because we have two good runningbacks doesn't mean that guy is not scary as well...he runs very tough...

otoh there is a good chance we will injure whichever QB bama decides to play and then they will have to put the other guy in, both guys are much more liekly to throw interceptions against us than touchdowns. We should be able to cover the spread...but if it is real rainy and we have turnovers of our own it could be close.

we have to be able move the ball convincingly on this defense(even if they are number one), if we hope to impress voters...that means we have to score at least 20 points and score at least one touchdown in the first quarter.

Where can I get one of those wrist band note holders like some quarterbacks use to keep track of their plays?

That's the only way I'll remember all the teams on that list after the Scotch and adrenalin settle into my system following an Auburn victory! :D

Ok i might be stupid but here are my thoughts if we beat bama and tenn bye 21 plus points we will move to a confecent #2 in both people polls and that will put us in the game

Archived