Washington State

aucanucktiger

Pac 12 Football ‏@onlypac12

Leach on ESPN's First Take: "The bottom half of the Pac-12 is better than the bottom half of the SEC."

Shhhht what? The lower half of the PAC 12 can't probably hang with the top half of CUSA. Leach gonna go back to radio after he sweats his fat arse off in the tropical south to a beat down covered in orange and navy. GTFOutta here with that mess lol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a game I expect Auburn to win, but I'm not expecting much more than that. I think it's yet to be shown that Malzahn is the right HC for Auburn but even if he is it's virtually impossible to take a team so inept and so apathetic as our became over the last 2 years and turn them into a focused and determined team in one off season.I'm hopeful, but not optimistic about Auburn's prospects for this season.

Wow! Really? Be ready to be impressed by gus and this staff! I was impressed with gus when he got garner, craig, to come home, chizic failed to do so when he came to AU! Not saying he didnt have a good staff when he became coach, but he was not able to pull garner from Georgia! Gus is a REAL x's and o's coach! Gus is playing chess when everybody else is still playing checkers!! Just sit back and watch! WDE

I certainly hope you're right. Nothing would please me more than for his hire to be the best thing that ever happened to Auburn.

Pac 12 Football ‏@onlypac12

Leach on ESPN's First Take: "The bottom half of the Pac-12 is better than the bottom half of the SEC."

Now I really hope we tear that crap team a new one. That was a shot at us and I hope Gus puts that quote up for the whole team to see.

This. I think that there are already players on this team that are emerging as leaders, and I believe that they are pushing the players in work outs and player run practices. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them puts the quote up.

Wow. I feel bad for what's going to happen to them now. Carl Lawson says hello from the "bottom half" of the SEC by breaking their QB in the first play from scrimmage.

I understand that the Vegas odds makers have Wash St as the favorite in this game. That may be what it takes to get people to bet on it, but I can't see any logical reason for actually expecting Wash St to win this one. Sorry but they really weren't put on the schedule to be a strong Non-conference opponent.

I understand that the Vegas odds makers have Wash St as the favorite in this game. That may be what it takes to get people to bet on it, but I can't see any logical reason for actually expecting Wash St to win this one. Sorry but they really weren't put on the schedule to be a strong Non-conference opponent.

The only line I have seen has Auburn as 11.5 point favorite.

ETA: just googled it and the 1st line I came across had Auburn as a 13.5 favorite.

WSU's offensive line is supposed to be their strength. Their QB was sacked 50-something times last season. Our D should be much bigger, faster, and stronger than any they have faced for some time.

AUBURN wins by 17+

I'm pretty sure they're saying their o-line is their weakest point. I believe 4 of the 5 starters are former walkons and non are over 290 lbs.

Guess I should have used YELLOW for my O Line comment? I really thot the following sentence would show my intent. I agree that their O Line will probably be the worse we face all season. WAR EAGLE!!

I'm sorry, but I just dont understand this saying my worst is better than your worst. That is a loser mentality.

Unfortunately, we would have been the worst in about any league last year.

Good news is -- Its a New Day!

I'm sorry, but I just dont understand this saying my worst is better than your worst. That is a loser mentality.

Unfortunately, we would have been the worst in about any league last year.

Good news is -- Its a New Day!

WSU's offensive line is supposed to be their strength. Their QB was sacked 50-something times last season. Our D should be much bigger, faster, and stronger than any they have faced for some time.

AUBURN wins by 17+

I'm pretty sure they're saying their o-line is their weakest point. I believe 4 of the 5 starters are former walkons and non are over 290 lbs.

Guess I should have used YELLOW for my O Line comment? I really thot the following sentence would show my intent. I agree that their O Line will probably be the worse we face all season. WAR EAGLE!!

Ha sorry bwill, that was after a looong day of work.

I'm living up here in Washington due to the military. There's a write up about WSU taking the road trip down this year and the last time they were down. It's pretty respectable opinion in that I mean there was no bashing or anything. Just commending the the "Southern Hospitality"

Anyone here manage to catch the '09 Outback bowl? Just because we have FAR superior athletes at pretty much every position doesn't mean it'll be a cakewalk. Historically these dink and dunk teams have given us fits... I fully expect us to win but not by much. Maybe 31-21 with us pulling away late in the 4th.

Hope I'm wrong and we pound them into submission by halftime.

Im just hoping for a win. After last year Im finding it hard to buy into Auburn simply on faith.

Anyone here manage to catch the '09 Outback bowl? Just because we have FAR superior athletes at pretty much every position doesn't mean it'll be a cakewalk. Historically these dink and dunk teams have given us fits... I fully expect us to win but not by much. Maybe 31-21 with us pulling away late in the 4th.

Hope I'm wrong and we pound them into submission by halftime.

I remember being up by 2 touchdowns or so with 5 minutes to go and Northwestern getting every imaginable break possible to get back in the game. We dominated for the most part.

We also had a defense that can't defend the spread at the time...

I'm hoping past tense is appropriate here.

This will be the first test of our new D. I think the fact that it is a spread Offense is good for us as we get to see what we can do against an offensive style that has killed us in recent years. The other thing is the Gus O is about smash mouth running as much as it is about the passing game. Everything starts with running and QB reads. If we can run and if QB can make correct decisions we can have a really good offense without having a great QB (Look at Chris Todd - he knew the offense and made the right decisions).

I have read articles about how our D-linement went to a special pass rush camp now we see if they learned anything also the spread is usually about quick passes so will we take chance and play receivers tight to take that away.

Hopefully we answer a lot of questions in this game and we prove that we are an Auburn Defense that hurts the other team. If we are we will crush them. If we continue giving up the quick slant not giving front 7 enough time to get to QB we will have a long season.

I think we crush them.

Archived