Washington State

aucanucktiger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty thorough analysis of our first opponent in the Gus Malzahn era.

http://www.sbnation....view-mike-leach

And if you read that the Auburn Tigers on paper should crush them. Also a projected rank of 59th at game time for Auburn sounds about right and I will say if Wazzu thinks we are 59th it will get even uglier then the paper says. Auburn needs to just take care of business and play mistake free ball the points and plays will come. If we go out all hyped we will get down quick and scamper for a victory or come out with a lose.

I just know Gus and company will have them ready to play. I hope they keep their heads on straight, avoid costly mistakes such as turnovers, penalties, etc and pretty much take care of business

Washington State was a really bad team last year-- even worse than Auburn. They led the nation is sacks allowed at 57, so Leach's air attack was never allowed to get off the ground. In fact their scoring offense was 106th in the nation.

Leach's style puts a lot of stress on a defense, but I think Johnson can have AU ready to withstand it. WSU should be better this year. But from what I have read, WSU still doesn't have the talent level to make the AU game that close.

WV '09 all over again, except we pull away mid to late 3rdqtr this time.

I disagree...we won't have to watch the Tampa 2 defense ever again...that's worth 14 points right there!

I disagree...we won't have to watch the Tampa 2 defense ever again...that's worth 14 points right there!

That's also giving WSU waaay too much credit. No where near the team WVU was in 09.

Amen, brother!!

WSU's offensive line is supposed to be their strength. Their QB was sacked 50-something times last season. Our D should be much bigger, faster, and stronger than any they have faced for some time.

AUBURN wins by 17+

I am going to call this one very conservatively, AU wins 42 to 28. AU's last 2 TDs come in the 4th quarter to close out the game. WSU scores first, then plays from behind the rest of the game.

WSU's offensive line is supposed to be their strength. Their QB was sacked 50-something times last season. Our D should be much bigger, faster, and stronger than any they have faced for some time.

AUBURN wins by 17+

I'm pretty sure they're saying their o-line is their weakest point. I believe 4 of the 5 starters are former walkons and non are over 290 lbs.

AUBURN wins by 17+

I'm pretty sure they're saying their o-line is their weakest point. I believe 4 of the 5 starters are former walkons and non are over 290 lbs.

One of the many reasons that we will beat them by 20. Both of their lines are weak... as is every other position on the field actually, especially compared to what we see every week in the SEC. Seriously, we should be more worried about ASU imo. They actually have a few blue chippers that got in trouble at bigger schools.

This is a game I expect Auburn to win, but I'm not expecting much more than that. I think it's yet to be shown that Malzahn is the right HC for Auburn but even if he is it's virtually impossible to take a team so inept and so apathetic as our became over the last 2 years and turn them into a focused and determined team in one off season.I'm hopeful, but not optimistic about Auburn's prospects for this season.

I just hope we can finally stop the short slant that every team ran on us over and over again as a check play because our DBs were playing so far back.

Pac 12 Football ‏@onlypac12

Leach on ESPN's First Take: "The bottom half of the Pac-12 is better than the bottom half of the SEC."

Now I really hope we tear that crap team a new one. That was a shot at us and I hope Gus puts that quote up for the whole team to see.

This is a game I expect Auburn to win, but I'm not expecting much more than that. I think it's yet to be shown that Malzahn is the right HC for Auburn but even if he is it's virtually impossible to take a team so inept and so apathetic as our became over the last 2 years and turn them into a focused and determined team in one off season.I'm hopeful, but not optimistic about Auburn's prospects for this season.

Wow! Really? Be ready to be impressed by gus and this staff! I was impressed with gus when he got garner, craig, to come home, chizic failed to do so when he came to AU! Not saying he didnt have a good staff when he became coach, but he was not able to pull garner from Georgia! Gus is a REAL x's and o's coach! Gus is playing chess when everybody else is still playing checkers!! Just sit back and watch! WDE

Pac 12 Football ‏@onlypac12

Leach on ESPN's First Take: "The bottom half of the Pac-12 is better than the bottom half of the SEC."

Now I really hope we tear that crap team a new one. That was a shot at us and I hope Gus puts that quote up for the whole team to see.

This. I think that there are already players on this team that are emerging as leaders, and I believe that they are pushing the players in work outs and player run practices. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them puts the quote up.

Archived