Washington State

aucanucktiger

Anyone here manage to catch the '09 Outback bowl? Just because we have FAR superior athletes at pretty much every position doesn't mean it'll be a cakewalk. Historically these dink and dunk teams have given us fits... I fully expect us to win but not by much. Maybe 31-21 with us pulling away late in the 4th.

Hope I'm wrong and we pound them into submission by halftime.

I remember being up by 2 touchdowns or so with 5 minutes to go and Northwestern getting every imaginable break possible to get back in the game. We dominated for the most part.

We were up by 2 , but for most of the game it was very close. If I remember correctly it was about a 7 point game most of the way.

I was at that game. It was frickin miserable.

I was there too...sitting in the Northwestern student section. Have no idea how I managed those tickets but it was pretty bad. One good thing was I was the closest person to the final play where Neiko saved the day, so that was pretty cool.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was about a 14 point game most of the time. at the Half it was 21-7. We took the foot off the gas and didnt score in the third. we went back up 14 and then they got some interesting breaks to get back in it. If we came out like we did in the first half, the game wouldnt have been close

I knew we led most(if not all) of the way but somehow forgot by how much. It felt much closer than that for some reason... Those last few minutes were very strange. Almost like a heavenly intervention on their behalf.

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

RT @bkRansford: Here's a picture of some #Wazzu football players working out on their own at 1 a.m. last night

BQaAANhCYAA7czf.jpg

Oh great, they can see in the dark? What are we up against here? Super powers?

Won't help them, Jordan-Hare is a lighted stadium!

Not sure if this was already posted, but thought some of you may want to see some of these weight changes. OL doesn't look undersized to me, but inexperienced perhaps.

http://washingtonsta...asp?CID=1529523

They don't look undersized by that roster, but experience and BMI are important factors here too.

They won't be prepared for the humidity...

This will be a big factor! That is why I bet we pound them early and often, and pull away in the second half when they are gassed. Wazzu will stay in it a little while with that offense. We will be good without a lot of busted plays in the secondary IMO.

They won't be prepared for the humidity...

This will be a big factor! That is why I bet we pound them early and often, and pull away in the second half when they are gassed. Wazzu will stay in it a little while with that offense. We will be good without a lot of busted plays in the secondary IMO.

Inside joke from another board. People were stating this before USC came down here and stomped us...

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

RT @bkRansford: Here's a picture of some #Wazzu football players working out on their own at 1 a.m. last night

BQaAANhCYAA7czf.jpg

Oh great, they can see in the dark? What are we up against here? Super powers?

Note their close proximity to Hanford

Not sure if this was already posted, but thought some of you may want to see some of these weight changes. OL doesn't look undersized to me, but inexperienced perhaps.

http://washingtonsta...asp?CID=1529523

They don't look undersized by that roster, but experience and BMI are important factors here too.

About half of those OLs actually lost some weight

Pac 12 Football ‏@onlypac12

Leach on ESPN's First Take: "The bottom half of the Pac-12 is better than the bottom half of the SEC."

Unless we have a couple bad seasons in a row I will never consider us the "bottom half of the SEC". I mean heck we just won a national title not too long ago.

Archived