Ex Texas Tech DE Chase Robison transfers to Auburn

JasonsDad

According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal the Memphis area standout is currently enrolled at Texas Tech as a freshman. Gus was recruiting him hard while at Arky State. The talented defensive end will sit out this year per NCAA rules. This is a real nice pick up. This Kid is a hoss with a big motor.

Here is the full story which will answer some of your questions although I am 90% sure the the 4 to play 3 after this year is incorrect. He should have 4 to play 3 starting this year. After he sits this year he will have 3 to play 3. Article link

Chase Robison has found a home in the Southeastern Conference.

The former Christian Brothers defensive end is transferring from Texas Tech to Auburn. He will sit out this season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules and then have four years to play three.

Robison red-shirted at Tech last season.

“It’s a great opportunity,” he said. “I’ve had a great relationship with coach (Gus) Malzahn going back to when he was at Arkansas State. It’s going to be exciting to play for him and (defensive line) coach (Rodney) Garner and (defensive coordinator) coach Ellis (Johnson).

“Plus it’s closer to home and I’ll be playing in the SEC, which is what I’ve grown up with. Sitting out (a second straight year) is going to be hard — I wish I didn’t have to. But it’s going to give me a chance to become bigger, stronger and faster.”

Robison said he decided to leave Texas Tech following coach Tommy Tuberville’s move to Cincinnati.

“They changed to a 3-man front and moved me to linebacker,” he said. “And I went to Texas Tech to play defensive end.”

The 6-4, 240-pound Robison was one of the Memphis area’s top seniors in the class of 2012. He was a finalist for the Best of the Preps defensive player of the year award after helping the Brothers to a 9-3 record with 67 tackles, 13 for lost yardage and 3.5 quarterback sacks.

Soccer all-state

Several area soccer players have been named to the Tennessee Sports Writers Association all-state team, which was announced Tuesday.

St. George’s, which won the state championship in Division 2-A at Spring Fling in May, had three players chosen, defender Henry Cowan and midfielders Dean Brown and Nicholas Sims. Best of the Preps player of the year Chase Clack of ECS was also named, along with teammate Braden Caughron.

Also making the team in D2 were Daniel Camuti and Will Kaelin of MUS, Kenneth Kauker of CBHS and Harding Academy’s Heath McCurdy.

In Division 1, Houston had three players named to the AAA team, forwards Eli Price and Charles Blankenship and defender Chad Riesenbeck. Also named were Collierville’s Michael Roberts and Brady Thornbury, Cordova’s Trey Harvey, Zach Rubnitz of White Station and Germantown’s Brad Newman.

Manuel Madrid of state runner-up Kingsbury was named to the A-AA team.

According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal the Memphis area standout is currently enrolled at Texas Tech as a redshirt freshman. Gus was recruiting him hard while at Arky State. The talented defensive end will sit out this year per NCAA rules. I think he will have four years remaining. This is a real nice pick up. This Kid is a hoss with a big motor.

It appears to me that according to your description he is a redshirt freshman and according to the you tube he was class of 2012. When he comes to Auburn and sits for one year he will have 3 years eligibility remaining beginning in 2014. 3 to play 3.

Anyone have any more on this story? His film is okay but how big is he and does he really figure to play much?

Senior Film says 6' 4" 225 looks really small in the film but with 2 years of conditioning ect who knows....

I can't confirm this yet but I read he will be a walk on and not count against the 85 or 25.

Anyone have any more on this story? His film is okay but how big is he and does he really figure to play much?

The film says he is 6'4" and 225pds. He looks quick but looks like he needs to put on some weight. Rivals, Scout and 247 had him as a 3 Star.

Here is the full story which will answer some of your questions although I am 90% sure the the 4 to play 3 after this year is incorrect. He should have 4 to play 3 starting this year. After he sits this year he will have 3 to play 3. Article link

Chase Robison has found a home in the Southeastern Conference.

The former Christian Brothers defensive end is transferring from Texas Tech to Auburn. He will sit out this season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules and then have four years to play three.

Robison red-shirted at Tech last season.

“It’s a great opportunity,” he said. “I’ve had a great relationship with coach (Gus) Malzahn going back to when he was at Arkansas State. It’s going to be exciting to play for him and (defensive line) coach (Rodney) Garner and (defensive coordinator) coach Ellis (Johnson).

“Plus it’s closer to home and I’ll be playing in the SEC, which is what I’ve grown up with. Sitting out (a second straight year) is going to be hard — I wish I didn’t have to. But it’s going to give me a chance to become bigger, stronger and faster.”

Robison said he decided to leave Texas Tech following coach Tommy Tuberville’s move to Cincinnati.

“They changed to a 3-man front and moved me to linebacker,” he said. “And I went to Texas Tech to play defensive end.”

The 6-4, 240-pound Robison was one of the Memphis area’s top seniors in the class of 2012. He was a finalist for the Best of the Preps defensive player of the year award after helping the Brothers to a 9-3 record with 67 tackles, 13 for lost yardage and 3.5 quarterback sacks.

Soccer all-state

Several area soccer players have been named to the Tennessee Sports Writers Association all-state team, which was announced Tuesday.

St. George’s, which won the state championship in Division 2-A at Spring Fling in May, had three players chosen, defender Henry Cowan and midfielders Dean Brown and Nicholas Sims. Best of the Preps player of the year Chase Clack of ECS was also named, along with teammate Braden Caughron.

Also making the team in D2 were Daniel Camuti and Will Kaelin of MUS, Kenneth Kauker of CBHS and Harding Academy’s Heath McCurdy.

In Division 1, Houston had three players named to the AAA team, forwards Eli Price and Charles Blankenship and defender Chad Riesenbeck. Also named were Collierville’s Michael Roberts and Brady Thornbury, Cordova’s Trey Harvey, Zach Rubnitz of White Station and Germantown’s Brad Newman.

Manuel Madrid of state runner-up Kingsbury was named to the A-AA team.

I'm guessing 6'-2.5"- 215lbs in the film. Not saying he is not bigger now but with the DE's we have and plan to have I can't see much PT for him. Who knows though, nobody had any idea that I would continue to get better looking every year but it still happens. #WDE

I'm guessing 6'-2.5"- 215lbs in the film. Not saying he is not bigger now but with the DE's we have and plan to have I can't see much PT for him. Who knows though, nobody had any idea that I would continue to get better looking every year but it still happens. #WDE

Perhaps your handle should be Mr Fine Wine then!!

Perhaps your handle should be Mr Fine Wine then!!

No. Mr. Delusional.

That article E just posted has him at 6'-4"/240. As far as your last sentence, I hate to break this to you but there is a name for that. It's called senility.

http://www.texastech...on_chase00.html

40 Chase Robison 7952716.jpeg

Class:

Freshman Hometown:

Memphis, Tenn. High School:

Christian Brothers Height / Weight:

6-4 / 237 Position:

Linebacker Birthdate:

03/03/1993 Experience:

RS Major:

Business

Redshirt season. Scout team member.

HIGH SCHOOL

Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Tenn... consensus three-star prospect by Rivals, Scout, ESPN.com and Prep STAR ... named to Tennessee Coaches Association All-State team and to Tennessee Writers Association All-State squad... named All-Metro Memphis and Touchdown Club of Memphis Shelby County...Memphis Metro Defensive Player of the Year... ESPN All-Tennessee team... Memphis Best of Preps Team and Defensive Player of the Year finalist... Rivals.com All-Memphis team... Rivals Tennessee Varsity.com All-Tennessee team... Prep STAR All-Southeast Region... FOX News All-Mid South team... played in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl All-Star game... invited to Tennessee East-West All-Star game... Memphis Metro Defensive Player of the Week (Week 8)... named team captain as a senior... tallied 67 tackles, 13 for a loss with five stacks and two blocked kicks as a senior... father, Lanier Robison, played for Coach Tuberville at Arkansas State when Tuberville was an assistant there from 1980-84 ... recorded eight sacks as a junior and helped lead his team to the second round of the Tennessee state playoffs ... Tennessee Sports Writers Association Division II-AA All-State selection as a senior ... CHOSE TEXAS TECH OVER: Tennessee, North Carolina, Colorado, East Carolina, Louisville and Cincinnati... High School Coach: Kevin Locastro and Lanier Robison.

PERSONAL

Charles Robison... born March 3, 1993 in Memphis, Tenn... son of Lanier and Caroline Robison... both parents graduated from Arkansas State... father, Lanier, played football at Arkansas State... has two siblings, Lauren and Grace... hobbies include fishing and hunting... a business major at Texas Tech.

I'm from Memphis area and Christian Brothers HS got some of good football players (very well-educated, too). Awesome!

If he's coming in at around 6'4"/240, he'll be just fine. With a year at AU to get bigger/stronger, size shouldn't be a problem. Glad to have him!

I think this is good because he's from Memphis, and I think AU needs to make a presence in that city (more so for basketball, but they do produce some pretty good football players as well) since the last player AU signed from Memphis couldn't get in school.

I really enjoy this board. I read Chase was coming on a premium site, but immediately came here to get the benefit of y'all's research.

He looks like a good player to me, and someone who can pressure a QB. I think he chose Auburn because 1) We run a 4 man front, 2) Arkansas State connection to Gus through his Dad, and 3) we're a top program whose DE play was horrible last year - there is great opportunity Chase at Auburn. Lawson and Daniels can't play all the snaps and Ford will be gone when Chase can play.

Auburn needs to stay the crap out of Memphis!!!

Glad to have Chase on board though....a year of filtering at tech makes me feel better there's no funny business! Never know with those Memphis schools

Glad to have Chase on board though....a year of filtering at tech makes me feel better there's no funny business! Never know with those Memphis schools

I'm familiar with Memphis schools. Public schools such as woodland, kirby, ridgeway, etc. no way!!! I'm fine with Memphis recruits like Olive Branch (Bates and Coleman's alma mater), Memphis University School, Christian Brothers HS, Briarcrest Christian School (Freeze used to coach there), and few other.

I'm familiar with Memphis schools. Public schools such as woodland, kirby, ridgeway, etc. no way!!! I'm fine with Memphis recruits like Olive Branch (Bates and Coleman's alma mater), Memphis University School, Christian Brothers HS, Briarcrest Christian School (Freeze used to coach there), and few other.

Bates went to Christian Brothers before transferring to Olive Branch for his senior year.

I'm from Memphis area and Christian Brothers HS got some of good football players (very well-educated, too). Awesome!

So it goes without saying that you definitely didn't attend there. :moon:

E, Would he go on scholarship in 2014 after sitting out 2013 as a walk-on scout teamer similat to Cory Grant? Robison was a solid 3-star, with a lot of big offers in 2012, so I wouldn't think he would transfer to AU without some assurances. I know he and family like CGM but you do have to look out for No. 1 at some point.

Archived