Ex Texas Tech DE Chase Robison transfers to Auburn

JasonsDad

E, Would he go on scholarship in 2014 after sitting out 2013 as a walk-on scout teamer similat to Cory Grant? Robison was a solid 3-star, with a lot of big offers in 2012, so I wouldn't think he would transfer to AU without some assurances. I know he and family like CGM but you do have to look out for No. 1 at some point.

Stuff like that is not a forgone conclusion or a rule for a transfer to go on svholly after sitting a year. Grant was given a scholly in his second year here by the old staff because we then had room, He was counted as part of the 2012 25 limit. A player has to pay his own way for 2 seasons before he can go on scholly and not count to the 25 of the year he gets the scholly. I do not know what arrangements the staff made with Robison but I would not be surprised if they ask him or his fam to pay their own way for a year and a half so the staff does not have to count him against any 25 limit.

Wonder what the connection to AU is? Can't imagine a DE is coming to AU because of Gus.

Tucker Tuberville more than likely. CTT's son also transferring from TTech & walking on.

Auburn needs to stay the crap out of Memphis!!!

Glad to have Chase on board though....a year of filtering at tech makes me feel better there's no funny business! Never know with those Memphis schools

I'm familiar with Memphis schools. Public schools such as woodland, kirby, ridgeway, etc. no way!!! I'm fine with Memphis recruits like Olive Branch (Bates and Coleman's alma mater), Memphis University School, Christian Brothers HS, Briarcrest Christian School (Freeze used to coach there), and few other.

Bates went to Christian Brothers before transferring to Olive Branch for his senior year.

Correct.

Wonder what the connection to AU is? Can't imagine a DE is coming to AU because of Gus.

Tucker Tuberville more than likely. CTT's son also transferring from TTech & walking on.

^^This^^ combined with everything else AU offers makes the decision pretty easy for CR.

I'm guessing 6'-2.5"- 215lbs in the film. Not saying he is not bigger now but with the DE's we have and plan to have I can't see much PT for him. Who knows though, nobody had any idea that I would continue to get better looking every year but it still happens. #WDE

That article E just posted has him at 6'-4"/240. As far as your last sentence, I hate to break this to you but there is a name for that. It's called senility.

No, I saw the "Listed Height/Weight", I'm just saying that in the film he was not 6'-04"/240lbs. And Lawson/Daniels of course can't play every snap, which is why we have Thornton & Kennion committed and will more than likely get a Andrew Williams and/or D. Lambert as well. I hope the kid shows up and is an All-American as he can obviously play or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Just a heads up. Some are reporting Robison is coming in on acholly. If true that will give us 23 for the 2013 class and put the max for the 2014 class at 27.

Just a heads up. Some are reporting Robison is coming in on acholly. If true that will give us 23 for the 2013 class and put the max for the 2014 class at 27.

So how does that work in terms of him sitting out a year or does he have to if he is given a scholarship? If true I guess the coaches like what they see or getting desperate for DEs. I haven't seen his film yet but if the coaches want him than I am glad he is a tiger now.

So how does that work in terms of him sitting out a year or does he have to if he is given a scholarship? If true I guess the coaches like what they see or getting desperate for DEs. I haven't seen his film yet but if the coaches want him than I am glad he is a tiger now.

If you transfer to a D! school you have to sit a year whether you are on scholly or not.

Thanks. That's what I thought. So basically he just gets to practice and get bigger for a year under Russell while on schalorship. Good deal for him and hopefully AU in the future. How's is his game tape? If you posted some I apologize for asking.

Coaches must really like him to be using a scholly (if that is indeed what happens). It seems we are going after several JUCO/ transfer guys this year. Anyone want to take a stab if they think this staff will look more to JUCO guys or is this a temporary thing while we build relationships and fill holes in the roster?

Coaches must really like him to be using a scholly (if that is indeed what happens). It seems we are going after several JUCO/ transfer guys this year. Anyone want to take a stab if they think this staff will look more to JUCO guys or is this a temporary thing while we build relationships and fill holes in the roster?

To the level we are now is temporary. Every championship team uses jucos on some level. We are going this heavy on jucos through to get back to quality football ASAP.

If it helps us get back on top that much quicker, then we should sign more junior college players every year.

What is the difference in signing a JUCO and signing a 5* kid that we all know will be 2 yrs and gone? The JUCO player has experienced what it is like at a college level of football unless you have the talents of 5* Clowney which is rare but happens but most 5* stars are 2 and done

What is the difference in signing a JUCO and signing a 5* kid that we all know will be 2 yrs and gone? The JUCO player has experienced what it is like at a college level of football unless you have the talents of 5* Clowney which is rare but happens but most 5* stars are 2 and done

A JUCO guy can leave after one year. A HS kid has to say three. You can't build depth signing JUCO guys. You can fill holes with them.

that is true my mind must have been thinking Basketball...LOL

They don't have to play ANY college ball. Most will play one year though. Thus the term "One and done". Maybe you are thinking of Hockey? :dunno:

They don't have to play ANY college ball. Most will play one year though. Thus the term "One and done". Maybe you are thinking of Hockey? :dunno:

If I'm not mistaken, kids have to be at least 1 year removed from HS now to be eligible for the NBA drafts (no more Lebrons coming straight outta HS, gotta at least play 1 and done in college)

If I'm not mistaken, kids have to be at least 1 year removed from HS now to be eligible for the NBA drafts (no more Lebrons coming straight outta HS, gotta at least play 1 and done in college)

I was thinking that also. Maybe Dixie was thinking about college golf.

I was joking about the hockey of course but had forgotten about the NBA not drafting HS kids anymore. I refuse to watch NBA anymore and haven't in at least 10 years. Best decision I have ever made.

I am anxious to get a look at Mr. Robison, he could prove to be just what the Dr. ordered as once he can play he will have two years of college S&C and allow Thornton and Kennion time to mature physically.

Archived