Tim Hudson

Tim, who was pitching a gem against the Mets in the 8th inning had his ankle crushed while covering a play at first base. It was routine, but he misstepped the base and on his second step on first the batter stepped on his ankle and leg turning it sideways and he was carted off of the field on a stretcher. It was horrible. I believe that at 38 years old and in the last year of his contract, our beloved brother will retire from baseball. I hope I'm wrong but man was it nasty.

I had the fortune of having a few beers with him and Rob Mcrory at his apartment one night when I was at a party and my psycho jealous girfriend blew up on me so I left an sat outside. I guess they heard her ranting and raving and decided to ask me in after finding me sitting out on the hood of my car. I will never forget that night. They were awesome guys. I hope he can recover soon.

Big fan here. Terrible news for Tim and even more terrible news for the Braves. I hope he can come back but the replays looked NASTY!!

I really wanted to watch him in the postseason this year. I hope this is not the way his career ends.

I had the fortune of having a few beers with him and Rob Mcrory at his apartment one night when I was at a party and my psycho jealous girfriend blew up on me so I left an sat outside. I guess they heard her ranting and raving and decided to ask me in after finding me sitting out on the hood of my car. I will never forget that night. They were awesome guys. I hope he can recover soon.

We may have been dating the same girl... ha ha.

We may have been dating the same girl... ha ha.

Always a possibility!!

• 3 months later...

A very nice contract ($23M) for a guy his age....and coming off an injury. I can see why the Braves decided not to match it.

Braves lost more than a player, and I think they should have kept him. Irritating.

I think it's a better chance to win a ring even with the resurgence of my Dodgers.

Archived