D.J. Fluker and 4 other SEC players took benefits with SABAN VIDEO NOW

jared52

"But, But, we just done selebrated bahrs 298th birfday. They cain't do nuthin to us. Wese alubaimer!"

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once the NCAA starts snooping around this story, how long do you think it will take before they send a letter of inquiry to UA? We should start a poll on naming the date they receive their letter. haha

You are making a huge assumption in that the NCAA will start snooping around. They didn't even sniff TTown Menswear (ewww! that didn't sound good). I would be pleasantly surprised if they snooped at all on the latest issue.

MSU & UTK will get a pass too because the NCAA doesn't want to find anything going on at Bama. This is story is dead in the water

I don't think it is dead. It is floating in the water and no one wants to touch it.....yet. Because it is not played out in the media doesn't mean it is over. Heavy " we will handle it" spin is out there. If Fluker is is found to have received extra benefits( money, furniture) while playing at bama, then the door is wide open. The quiet is not a reflection of the seriousness of the issue.

You'll forgive my skepticism. I just don't see anything sticking to Lil Nicky. He's a media darling and best buds with Emmert

Because these allegations involve actions by "agents"...there are state laws involved and the NCAA might just see what develops from those investigations. After all, the states do have the power to compel testimony and obtain records .....all of which becomes public at some point.

While Alabama does have laws regulating sports agents & college players, as many have already pointed the apparent influence of the REC and Bama Law School on the state Bar & politics raises questions about this state's ability or interest in diligently pursuing the matter. Hence my earlier comments about possible federal action. I don't know about agent laws in Mississippi or Tennessee. (I imagine elected official in those states, e.g., Attorneys General, are in the horns of a dilemma: Probably don't want to piss off UT or MSU voters, but at the same time don't want to piss off Ole Miss, Southern Miss, or Vandy voters through inaction. ..but in the case of Mississippi, isn't the state law school in Oxford?)

The State bar would have no influence on this theoretically. Alabama`s laws are believed to be some of the strongest in the country.

Once the NCAA starts snooping around this story, how long do you think it will take before they send a letter of inquiry to UA? We should start a poll on naming the date they receive their letter. haha

You are making a huge assumption in that the NCAA will start snooping around. They didn't even sniff TTown Menswear (ewww! that didn't sound good). I would be pleasantly surprised if they snooped at all on the latest issue.

MSU & UTK will get a pass too because the NCAA doesn't want to find anything going on at Bama. This is story is dead in the water

I don't think it is dead. It is floating in the water and no one wants to touch it.....yet. Because it is not played out in the media doesn't mean it is over. Heavy " we will handle it" spin is out there. If Fluker is is found to have received extra benefits( money, furniture) while playing at bama, then the door is wide open. The quiet is not a reflection of the seriousness of the issue.

You'll forgive my skepticism. I just don't see anything sticking to Lil Nicky. He's a media darling and best buds with Emmert

How can I put this............................ don't be surprised if the NCAA is investigating this as we speak. Just saying. I would bet that Emmert likes his job a little better than he likes Nick.

I don't mind your skepticism. When Emmert was at LSU maybe, but Emmert will have to go out of his way to show that it is not a best buddy situation. The bama group may wish that a good ole boy network will come to the aid. There will have to be reports from Ms State, Tn and Alabama sent to the SEC office and the NCAA with their findings. Those will be first look at where this story is headed. Until then it is all skeptical opinions for and against. I agree on the not sticking to Lil Nicky, but the issue is a university player eligibility for receiving extra benefits

This has no bearing on the present situation, but is a footnote to money exchange and eligibility .

In the early hours of Jan. 1, 1993, a tired but jubilant Antonio Langham was celebrating Alabama's national championship. During the course of this celebration he met an agent. This agent talked him into signing, on a napkin, a contract to represent Langham for $400. We don't know whether Langham was drunk or what his true motives were at this time. We do know he did sign the napkin.

How can I put this............................ don't be surprised if the NCAA is investigating this as we speak. Just saying. I would bet that Emmert likes his job a little better than he likes Nick.

WDE, you are a very insightful individual!!

WDE, you are a very insightful individual!!

I hope you are right. They need to see that they cannot do as they please just because they are Bammer! IMO, sanctions cant come soon enough!

Ed Stinson played against aTm.

This is the most important, unreported part of this story. A player who was named in the report, whose name is on a plane ticket purchased by Phillips, and whose eligibility may be in question played Saturday. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have. I'm just wondering how confident Alabama is in his innocence.

Also, in the much talked about press conference, Saban said kind of off hand that no current players were named in the report. Was he not briefed on the report? Did he really not know? Why was that statement not followed up?

My neighbor is a member of the REC (he played for Bama in the 60s). He assures me that they've got this handled and are in the process of creating diversions. Expect news about AU or LSU to hit the stands very soon, probably this week. I asked if he could be more specific. He only grinned and offered me a beer.

Don't kill the messenger.

My neighbor is a member of the REC (he played for Bama in the 60s). He assures me that they've got this handled and are in the process of creating diversions. Expect news about AU or LSU to hit the stands very soon, probably this week. I asked if he could be more specific. He only grinned and offered me a beer.

The only thing I find remotely surprising about this is that they haven't started a diversionary campaign yet. The REC is slowing down

Ed Stinson played against aTm.

This is the most important, unreported part of this story. A player who was named in the report, whose name is on a plane ticket purchased by Phillips, and whose eligibility may be in question played Saturday. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have. I'm just wondering how confident Alabama is in his innocence.

Also, in the much talked about press conference, Saban said kind of off hand that no current players were named in the report. Was he not briefed on the report? Did he really not know? Why was that statement not followed up?

Stinson didn't use that ticket, and that's probably why they played him. Meanwhile, Mo Couch at UTK has admitted he took benefits.

Typical. I had actually already been expecting something just because that is their usual patter of behavior.

JMO of course, but if I were a member of REC I would be doing everything possible to jerk the chains of gullible Auburn fans that seem to consider this group as omnipotent. Where were all these hot shots when Bama was spending 16 years on probation for one reason or another?

Forget these guys and Nicks supposed influential friendship with Emmert. Remember there are about 400 schools at various levels of the NCAA and I bet about 390 of them hate Bama for it's excesses. Time is on our side....not Bama's.

Natty Light?

I was optimistic that the NCAA would look into this when the story broke last week, but less than a week later I believe Emmert does not have the strength or moral fortitude to go up against Saban and the mighty turds. The pics and documentation are all there for the NCAA to look at so they could base their judgement on actual facts rather than opinions, but there were also pics about T-town menswear, documents and interviews on grade changing in Baldwin County, and so on and so on. I know for a fact that these were sent to the NCAA and they intentionally failed to act on actual documentation....but they'll investigate AU for a year based on speculation and rumors from talk radio.

Schools such as Penn St, Ohio St., USC and Oregon also have very powerful alum so hopefully they'll step up and use their influence to ask the NCAA to treat turd nation the same way the NCAA treated their respective schools in handing down penalties for cheating. Yes, I know, the difference is all those schools had a coach involved but someone commented last week that Luther Davis was suspended from the turd campus last Dec. which means the coaches knew something was going on and played an ineligible player anyway in the Championship game. If they can at least get the NCAA on campus, they'll most definitely find something.

I was optimistic that the NCAA would look into this when the story broke last week, but less than a week later I believe Emmert does not have the strength or moral fortitude to go up against Saban and the mighty turds. The pics and documentation are all there for the NCAA to look at so they could base their judgement on actual facts rather than opinions, but they were also pics about T-town menswear, documents and interviews on grade changing in Baldwin County, and so on and so on. I know for a fact that these were sent to the NCAA and they intentionally failed to act on actual documentation....but they'll investigate AU for a year based on speculation and rumors from talk radio.

Schools such as Penn St, Ohio St., USC and Oregon also have very powerful alum so hopefully they'll step up and use their influence to ask the NCAA to treat turd nation the same way the NCAA treated their respective schools in handing down penalties for cheating. Yes, I know, the difference is all those schools had a coach involved but someone commented last week that Luther Davis was suspended from the turd campus last Dec. which means the coaches knew something was going on and played an ineligible player anyway in the Championship game. If they can at least get the NCAA on campus, they'll most definitely find something.

msg6367 you make some very good points, but Bama is making alot of people alot of money. When money is involved, for some people, their perspective and morals change. I'm not saying nothing will happend, but I will believe it when I see it. Prior to the 2010 season, I was sure I would see Bama on probation again before Auburn won another National Champioship, and look what happen ...

Just saying.

WAR EAGLE!

You are so full of troll.

My thoughts exactly.

Sad day when danny and redfish are more trustworthy than Charles Robinson.

Please explain.

I was optimistic that the NCAA would look into this when the story broke last week, but less than a week later I believe Emmert does not have the strength or moral fortitude to go up against Saban and the mighty turds. The pics and documentation are all there for the NCAA to look at so they could base their judgement on actual facts rather than opinions, but they were also pics about T-town menswear, documents and interviews on grade changing in Baldwin County, and so on and so on. I know for a fact that these were sent to the NCAA and they intentionally failed to act on actual documentation....but they'll investigate AU for a year based on speculation and rumors from talk radio.

msg6367 you make some very good points, but Bama is making alot of people alot of money. When money is involved, for some people, their perspective and morals change. I'm not saying nothing will happend, but I will believe it when I see it. Prior to the 2010 season, I was sure I would see Bama on probation again before Auburn won another National Champioship, and look what happen ...

Just saying.

WAR EAGLE!

Bama making a lot of money for themselves....not sure how many other schools are really benefiting from them.....and Bama has more enemies than friends out there once you leave the state. ...you better believe that.

Bama has some media buddies for certain but does anyone really think that the presidents / trustees of TAMU or LSU or UF or UGa or AU for instance are just going to let Bama run wild without responding? And what about other schools that see themselves as a potential #1 team while Bama is on probation or whatever? Ohio State, Oregon, the Big 10 in general and lots more are going to be looking at the NCAA (Emmert in particular) to apply equal justice. Emmert will get lots of heat to do something now that actual facts are available....and there is no way he can fail to do this....he is not some kind of dictator. He has bosses....lots of them and I bet that most of them don't like Bama very much.

Time is not on Bama's side....

My thoughts exactly.

He must mean his neighbor and John Phillips are making a new Kristi Malzahn youtube video.

Archived