D.J. Fluker and 4 other SEC players took benefits with SABAN VIDEO NOW

jared52

This comment from Josh Moon gives some background as to protective quietness. Do they want to seek charges against one of their own? They are tiptoeing around a large elephant in the middle of their room that no one wants to see.

http://www.montgomer...rom-NCAA-cloud-

How bad do major programs want to avoid that magnifying glass? In 2010, Alabama chose not to press charges against the “rogue” agent that tampered with former UA lineman Andre Smith, costing Smith his eligibility for the 2009 Sugar Bowl, because, according to Saban, it would’ve opened the university up to potential NCAA penalties had the investigation by the attorney general’s office turned up other issues.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

This comment from Josh Moon gives some background as to protective quietness. Do they want to seek charges against one of their own? They are tiptoeing around a large elephant in the middle of their room that no one wants to see.

http://www.montgomer...rom-NCAA-cloud-

How bad do major programs want to avoid that magnifying glass? In 2010, Alabama chose not to press charges against the “rogue” agent that tampered with former UA lineman Andre Smith, costing Smith his eligibility for the 2009 Sugar Bowl, because, according to Saban, it would’ve opened the university up to potential NCAA penalties had the investigation by the attorney general’s office turned up other issues.

Key statement there...."had the investigation...turned up other issues" Why would that be a concern if you were clean? I remember AU inviting people to look confident that we were clean. It is very easy to spot a guilty conscience.

Well, to be fair, this story doesn't affect this season so they aren't all that excited about it. If it was about a current player, it would be different.

There is a current player named in the article as receiving illegal benefits, Ed Stinson.

I read that Stinson was named in the article about having his travel expenses paid for by the agent for a trip to Miami, then it said Stinson never went on the trip. Are there pics of him in Miami, did he take money as well?

Well, to be fair, this story doesn't affect this season so they aren't all that excited about it. If it was about a current player, it would be different.

There is a current player named in the article as receiving illegal benefits, Ed Stinson.

I read that Stinson was named in the article about having his travel expenses paid for by the agent for a trip to Miami, then it said Stinson never went on the trip. Are there pics of him in Miami, did he take money as well?

I'd say he has some explaining to do.

I think the money flowing has stopped at UAT for now. I stated a few days ago that when Bell said he was having to quit to support his children a red flag was raised. Sounds very familiar to what happened years ago when a player asked Coach Blakeney for money for diapers ("keep it down home cuz"). I cannot remember the players name for Auburn but it made national news. Watch and see if this team falls apart because of their funds drying up.

Who has the number of the ncaa enforcement office? Or the email? I say we start a calling and email campaign. If we inundate them, they will not be able to ignore it. All of us have friends from other schools. I bet most of them would be willing to call or write!

Mark Emmert memmert@ncaa.org

The Enforcement Committee. I would assume their email addresses would be the same format as Emmerts.

John S. Black, Polsinelli Shughart – A Kansas City-based attorney who holds degrees from Duke and Colorado College, Black has assisted sports-related nonprofit organizations implement governance, rights protection and risk minimization processes. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Roscoe Howard, Andrews Kurth LLP – A Washington, D.C.-based attorney, Howard focuses his practice on white-collar criminal matters, corporate compliance and ethics issues and other litigation. Howard, a former U.S. Attorney, holds degrees from Virginia and Brown. His term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Gregory Sankey, SEC – Associate commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, Sankey handles all compliance matters for the league. A former commissioner of the Southland Conference, Sankey holds degrees from Cortland State and Syracuse. Sankey’s term expires in September 2016, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Britton Banowsky, Conference-USA – Commissioner of Conference-USA, Banowsky holds a law degree and business degree from Oklahoma and is the Committee's chair. Before joining Conference-USA, he was general counsel for the Big 12 and commissioner of the Southland Conference. Banowsky’s term expires in September 2014 and he is eligible for reappointment.

Melissa L. Conboy, Notre Dame – Senior deputy athletics director at Notre Dame, Conboy oversees facilities, legal affairs and human resources for the school. Conboy also served as an NCAA enforcement representative from 1985 to 1987. She holds degrees from Kansas and Notre Dame. Conboy’s term expires in September 2014, and she is eligible for reappointment.

James O’Fallon, Oregon – A law professor and faculty athletics representative at Oregon, O’Fallon’s scholarly work focuses on constitutional history and theory and legal philosophy, including environmental law . He also taught at Richmond and Detroit and was a fellow at Harvard. O’Fallon’s term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Rodney Uphoff, Missouri – A law professor and former criminal defense lawyer and public defender, Uphoff holds undergraduate and law degrees from Wisconsin and a master’s degree from the London School of Economics. He serves as Missouri’s associate dean of academic affairs and defended Oklahoma City federal building bomber Terry Nichols. His term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment

Greg Christopher, Bowling Green – Athletics director at Bowling Green of the Mid-America Conference, Christopher has a communications background. A former communications marketing analyst and one-time executive director of the Society of Professional Journalists, Christopher was named athletics director at Bowling Green in 2006. His term expires in 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Eleanor W. Myers, Temple – A law professor and faculty athletics representative, Myers holds undergraduate and law degrees from Penn. She specializes in professional responsibility and business. She was a securities and antitrust attorney while in private practice. Her term expires in September 2015, and she is eligible for reappointment.

Christopher Griffin, Foley & Lardner – A Tampa-based attorney, Griffin conducts a broad practice in commercial litigation. Griffin earned both his B.A. and J.D. from Florida State University. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Appointment begins August 1, 2013

Michael Adams, Georgia – Adams served as president of Georgia from 1997 until 2013. He served in administrative roles at Pepperdine and as president at Centre College after teaching at Ohio State. He holds degrees from Lipscomb and Ohio State. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Norman Bay, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission – Bay is director of enforcement at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. A former law professor at New Mexico, Bay also served as U.S. Attorney in New Mexico. He is a former advisor at the State Department as well. He holds degrees from Dartmouth and Harvard. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Lloyd Carr, Michigan – Carr spent 28 years on the football coaching staff at Michigan, the last 13 as head coach. He was an assistant at Eastern Michigan and Illinois before he moved to Michigan. He holds degrees from Missouri and Northern Michigan. His term expires in September 2014 and he is eligible for reappointment.

Carol Cartwright – Cartwright served as president at both Bowling Green State and Kent State, serving on numerous national boards. She held administrative roles at Penn State and UC Davis. She holds degrees from Pittsburgh and Wisconsin-Whitewater. Her term expires in September 2016 and she is eligible for reappointment.

Bobby Cremins – A former head basketball coach at College of Charleston, Appalachian State and Georgia Tech, Cremins retired in 2012. He received degrees from South Carolina. His term expires in September 2016 and he is eligible for reappointment.

Thomas Hill, Iowa State – Hill became senior vice president for student affairs at Iowa State in June 2012, after joining the campus in 1997. He also held administrative positions at Florida, Tulane and Oklahoma. He holds degrees from Florida, C.W. Post – Long Island and Arkansas State. His term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Joel Maturi, Minnesota – After 10 years as athletics director at Minnesota, Maturi now serves as an assistant to the president. He served in administrative posts at Denver, Wisconsin and Miami before he moved to Minnesota. He graduated from Notre Dame. His term expires in September 2016, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Sankar Suryanaryan, Princeton – Suryanaryan joined the general counsel’s office at Princeton in 2001. He held a similar position at American University and was a litigation associate with Chadbourne & Parke. He holds degrees from Penn and Georgetown. His term expires in September 2016, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Last Updated: Aug 1, 2013

I found that yesterday also. I had been hearing a gump ran the enforcement arm of the NCAA. I don't see a gump on that list. I would think the NCAA has to look into this. Hopefully the NCAA gets on bama's campus and gives them the same scrutiny they gave us. I'm not sure bama would come out of it with flying colors, like we did.

A gump does not run the enforcement arm of the NCAA. One gump works for the NCAA enforcement dept I believe.

The head of the NCAA enforcement staff is most definitely a bammer. Can't recall his name (Crawford maybe?). The people you saw listed were members of the committee (non-payed).

LINK? I've been told by someone who would know, involved with the NCAA, AU & Cam, that this uat alum has a nice title but does not in fact run the enforcement arm. I'll take his word for it.

http://www.ncaa.org/... on Infractions

http://www.ncaa.org/...peals Committee

They may have an investigator that is a gump, but said gump could not participate in any investigation regarding turd u.

Also, they may have had a gump on their board in 2010. There are quite a few members who began their tenure in August of this year. One of those members may have replaced a gump.

This is correct.

Derrick Crawford (bama grad) is NCAA director of enforcement. Google his name or look it up on the NCAA website if you don't believe me.

Who has the number of the ncaa enforcement office? Or the email? I say we start a calling and email campaign. If we inundate them, they will not be able to ignore it. All of us have friends from other schools. I bet most of them would be willing to call or write!

Mark Emmert memmert@ncaa.org

The Enforcement Committee. I would assume their email addresses would be the same format as Emmerts.

John S. Black, Polsinelli Shughart – A Kansas City-based attorney who holds degrees from Duke and Colorado College, Black has assisted sports-related nonprofit organizations implement governance, rights protection and risk minimization processes. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Roscoe Howard, Andrews Kurth LLP – A Washington, D.C.-based attorney, Howard focuses his practice on white-collar criminal matters, corporate compliance and ethics issues and other litigation. Howard, a former U.S. Attorney, holds degrees from Virginia and Brown. His term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Gregory Sankey, SEC – Associate commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, Sankey handles all compliance matters for the league. A former commissioner of the Southland Conference, Sankey holds degrees from Cortland State and Syracuse. Sankey’s term expires in September 2016, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Britton Banowsky, Conference-USA – Commissioner of Conference-USA, Banowsky holds a law degree and business degree from Oklahoma and is the Committee's chair. Before joining Conference-USA, he was general counsel for the Big 12 and commissioner of the Southland Conference. Banowsky’s term expires in September 2014 and he is eligible for reappointment.

Melissa L. Conboy, Notre Dame – Senior deputy athletics director at Notre Dame, Conboy oversees facilities, legal affairs and human resources for the school. Conboy also served as an NCAA enforcement representative from 1985 to 1987. She holds degrees from Kansas and Notre Dame. Conboy’s term expires in September 2014, and she is eligible for reappointment.

James O’Fallon, Oregon – A law professor and faculty athletics representative at Oregon, O’Fallon’s scholarly work focuses on constitutional history and theory and legal philosophy, including environmental law . He also taught at Richmond and Detroit and was a fellow at Harvard. O’Fallon’s term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Rodney Uphoff, Missouri – A law professor and former criminal defense lawyer and public defender, Uphoff holds undergraduate and law degrees from Wisconsin and a master’s degree from the London School of Economics. He serves as Missouri’s associate dean of academic affairs and defended Oklahoma City federal building bomber Terry Nichols. His term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment

Greg Christopher, Bowling Green – Athletics director at Bowling Green of the Mid-America Conference, Christopher has a communications background. A former communications marketing analyst and one-time executive director of the Society of Professional Journalists, Christopher was named athletics director at Bowling Green in 2006. His term expires in 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Eleanor W. Myers, Temple – A law professor and faculty athletics representative, Myers holds undergraduate and law degrees from Penn. She specializes in professional responsibility and business. She was a securities and antitrust attorney while in private practice. Her term expires in September 2015, and she is eligible for reappointment.

Christopher Griffin, Foley & Lardner – A Tampa-based attorney, Griffin conducts a broad practice in commercial litigation. Griffin earned both his B.A. and J.D. from Florida State University. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Appointment begins August 1, 2013

Michael Adams, Georgia – Adams served as president of Georgia from 1997 until 2013. He served in administrative roles at Pepperdine and as president at Centre College after teaching at Ohio State. He holds degrees from Lipscomb and Ohio State. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Norman Bay, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission – Bay is director of enforcement at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. A former law professor at New Mexico, Bay also served as U.S. Attorney in New Mexico. He is a former advisor at the State Department as well. He holds degrees from Dartmouth and Harvard. His term expires in September 2014, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Lloyd Carr, Michigan – Carr spent 28 years on the football coaching staff at Michigan, the last 13 as head coach. He was an assistant at Eastern Michigan and Illinois before he moved to Michigan. He holds degrees from Missouri and Northern Michigan. His term expires in September 2014 and he is eligible for reappointment.

Carol Cartwright – Cartwright served as president at both Bowling Green State and Kent State, serving on numerous national boards. She held administrative roles at Penn State and UC Davis. She holds degrees from Pittsburgh and Wisconsin-Whitewater. Her term expires in September 2016 and she is eligible for reappointment.

Bobby Cremins – A former head basketball coach at College of Charleston, Appalachian State and Georgia Tech, Cremins retired in 2012. He received degrees from South Carolina. His term expires in September 2016 and he is eligible for reappointment.

Thomas Hill, Iowa State – Hill became senior vice president for student affairs at Iowa State in June 2012, after joining the campus in 1997. He also held administrative positions at Florida, Tulane and Oklahoma. He holds degrees from Florida, C.W. Post – Long Island and Arkansas State. His term expires in September 2015, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Joel Maturi, Minnesota – After 10 years as athletics director at Minnesota, Maturi now serves as an assistant to the president. He served in administrative posts at Denver, Wisconsin and Miami before he moved to Minnesota. He graduated from Notre Dame. His term expires in September 2016, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Sankar Suryanaryan, Princeton – Suryanaryan joined the general counsel’s office at Princeton in 2001. He held a similar position at American University and was a litigation associate with Chadbourne & Parke. He holds degrees from Penn and Georgetown. His term expires in September 2016, and he is eligible for reappointment.

Last Updated: Aug 1, 2013

I found that yesterday also. I had been hearing a gump ran the enforcement arm of the NCAA. I don't see a gump on that list. I would think the NCAA has to look into this. Hopefully the NCAA gets on bama's campus and gives them the same scrutiny they gave us. I'm not sure bama would come out of it with flying colors, like we did.

A gump does not run the enforcement arm of the NCAA. One gump works for the NCAA enforcement dept I believe.

The head of the NCAA enforcement staff is most definitely a bammer. Can't recall his name (Crawford maybe?). The people you saw listed were members of the committee (non-payed).

LINK? I've been told by someone who would know, involved with the NCAA, AU & Cam, that this uat alum has a nice title but does not in fact run the enforcement arm. I'll take his word for it.

http://www.ncaa.org/... on Infractions

http://www.ncaa.org/...peals Committee

They may have an investigator that is a gump, but said gump could not participate in any investigation regarding turd u.

Also, they may have had a gump on their board in 2010. There are quite a few members who began their tenure in August of this year. One of those members may have replaced a gump.

This is correct.

Derrick Crawford (bama grad) is NCAA director of enforcement. Google his name or look it up on the NCAA website if you don't believe me.

So what's your point? Do you mean that if an AU grad were in that position you would expect him to protect AU and go after Bama? Some of you might be surprised to learn that where a person graduates from college does not determine ALL of his loyalties from that point forward. Craig and Garner coached and recruited against AU for quite some time...did they tank it when recruiting a player that AU wanted? ....or did Pat Dye go easy on UGa.

Unless you know something specific, you ought to avoid implying that just because Crawford went to Bama that he can not be trusted to make objective decisions in his job.

I think the money flowing has stopped at UAT for now. I stated a few days ago that when Bell said he was having to quit to support his children a red flag was raised. Sounds very familiar to what happened years ago when a player asked Coach Blakeney for money for diapers ("keep it down home cuz"). I cannot remember the players name for Auburn but it made national news. Watch and see if this team falls apart because of their funds drying up.

Eric Ramsey. Scuz bag. Begged for money to feed his family and pay insurance and such. Recorded that and sold it like a whore. Yeah, it made the news and landed us on probation. Only cost a few schollies but cost us the 93 post season after our perfect regular season.

Stinson the only active college player named in the piece and U of Tenn sat him down for Oregon...and maybe the rest of the season.....they must have been satisfied with whatever they saw about their player. The other schools can avoid talking about it now since it does not affect their current team .....but it ain't goin' away.

Eric Ramsey. Scuz bag. Begged for money to feed his family and pay insurance and such. Recorded that and sold it like a whore. Yeah, it made the news and landed us on probation. Only cost a few schollies but cost us the 93 post season after our perfect regular season.

Not half the story. Eric Ramsey is rumored to have taken money from uat and the city of Bham to set Auburn up and take them down. He was later given a nice cushy job in Washington DC by a bammer.

Not half the story. Eric Ramsey is rumored to have taken money from uat and the city of Bham to set Auburn up and take them down. He was later given a nice cushy job in Washington DC by a bammer.

Yep. Payback was also said to be hell.

So what's your point? Do you mean that if an AU grad were in that position you would expect him to protect AU and go after Bama? Some of you might be surprised to learn that where a person graduates from college does not determine ALL of his loyalties from that point forward. Craig and Garner coached and recruited against AU for quite some time...did they tank it when recruiting a player that AU wanted? ....or did Pat Dye go easy on UGa.

Unless you know something specific, you ought to avoid implying that just because Crawford went to Bama that he can not be trusted to make objective decisions in his job.

I do understand where you're coming from on this, but it does seem that ever since Nick Saban touched down in Tuscaloosa, there has been some rumors (you know, the old "where there's smoke there's fire"--which the Bammers repeatedly said about AU and the Cam/Cecil Newton situation) of recruiting shenanigans, from the Dodge dealership in Gadsden to Mobile goings-on to the Brent Calloway "kidnapping" to T-Town Meanswear and now this situation with the agent and Fluker. Has the NCAA even once investigated Alabama over any of this? Not to any of our knowledge has the NCAA even remotely expressed any interest into looking at any of these situations. Is that because this so-called crackerjack Bama Compliance office did such a bang-up job investigating and finding that "there's nothing to see here?" Could there be some credence to the fact that Mark Emmert and Nick Saban have a relationship dating back to their LSU days---oh, and let's not forget those days, when there were accusations made about grade-changing at LSU while Nicky and his BFF were there. Could it be that the director of compliance with the NCAA is a Bama grad--Derrick Crawford--and there are rumors that his father either was a founding member of the REC and/or currently a member of the REC? The NCAA investigated AU thoroughly due to the Cam Newton situation, and found NOTHING. I think that surprised most if not all of us that they found nothing, whether about Cam or anyone else. They investigated AU over innuendos and false accusations. The situation with Fluker is that you have actual documents that somehow Charles Robinson was able to obtain. You had pictures of Bama players wearing suits that most likely you and I could not afford. You had pictures of Trent Richardson driving cars that given his family economic background there's no way he could have afforded. But, where is the NCAA with all of this? You'll have to excuse some if not most of us AU folks if we feel that something is happening--or I should say NOT happening---between the NCAA and Bama and there must be some reason for this.

I don't see Stinson mentioned in the original article. The UT player is Maurice Couch.

OOPs....my bad....you are right it was Couch...and he's the guy that UT has put on the bench.

As for the Ramsey incident, the story from years gone by was that his wife put him up to it. Now that might have just been an excuse ( kinda like..."that woman you gave me said it was OK to eat the apple" ) but it sounded like she wanted the money and I guess Bama's money could have been as good as the AU money.

None the less, it was a crappy situation all the way around and while he might have gotten a "cushy' job out of it....IMO his life was never as good as it could have been. And the same for Mr. Couch at UT....folks will never look at him the same way....especially if the team has to forfeit their few hard earned wins from last season.

Eric Ramsey is a piece of trash. I could have handled the sanctions, but he and his wife made a mockery of graduation ceremony. The City of Birmingham brought Auburn down...It was all about the revenues they were about to lose. DONALD WATKINS was the counsel for the city as well as represented Ramsey. I applaud Coach Dye for bringing the Alabama Game home. If I remember correctly, wife's sister married Reeves and they were either with the Redskins or were being drafted there. Also, speculated, Pat Dye told Ramsey he would not make it in the pros. Getting older and sometimes I fail to remember facts. I get much confused these days. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. :angry:

Eric Ramsey is a piece of trash. I could have handled the sanctions, but he and his wife made a mockery of graduation ceremony. The City of Birmingham brought Auburn down...It was all about the revenues they were about to lose. DONALD WATKINS was the counsel for the city as well as represented Ramsey. I applaud Coach Dye for bringing the Alabama Game home. If I remember correctly, wife's sister married Reeves and they were either with the Redskins or were being drafted there. Also, speculated, Pat Dye told Ramsey he would not make it in the pros. Getting older and sometimes I fail to remember facts. I get much confused these days. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. :angry:

Losing TV coverage didn't help. I still have my "Best Team on the Radio t-shirt.

Eric Ramsey is a piece of trash. I could have handled the sanctions, but he and his wife made a mockery of graduation ceremony. The City of Birmingham brought Auburn down...It was all about the revenues they were about to lose. DONALD WATKINS was the counsel for the city as well as represented Ramsey. I applaud Coach Dye for bringing the Alabama Game home. If I remember correctly, wife's sister married Reeves and they were either with the Redskins or were being drafted there. Also, speculated, Pat Dye told Ramsey he would not make it in the pros. Getting older and sometimes I fail to remember facts. I get much confused these days. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. :angry:/>

Losing TV coverage didn't help. I still have my "Best Team on the Radio t-shirt.

Vent it Shirley! I still have my "we couldn't be seen, but we were heard" sticker with the bama score on it.

So what's the latest on this? I haven't seen anything in the news or on sport's TV for a while.

NCAA has "reportedly" began an investigation. We will see how far it goes.

So what's the latest on this? I haven't seen anything in the news or on sport's TV for a while.

NCAA has "reportedly" began an investigation. We will see how far it goes.

Really, I hope so. Link or article?

I'd be willing to bet the money hasn't stopped just the paper trail.

I'd be willing to bet the money hasn't stopped just the paper trail.

Normally there is no paper trail with the REC. Somebody got careless. Or it could be their blatant "we don't care, they won't do anything to us" attitude.

I think arrogance is the reason the bammers have been so blatant.....just like USCw. Because the nickster and Emmert have a long, dirty history together, the bammers believe they are untouchable.

Pete Carroll ignored the NCAA during his entire career at USCw. When he was finally going to face the consequences, he bolted for the NFL. He has never had to pay for the blatant cheating he endorsed in his program. I suspect lil' nicky will never have to pay for his sleaziness either. Cam Newton,during his own Heisman ceremony, had to pay for the sins of Reggie Bush.

I'm just hoping that the bammers have finally gone too far, like USCw did, and it can no longer be tolerated. The NCAA went after USCw to save itself from total ineffectiveness and irrelevancy. I hope they realize they are at that point again....if not even a little further beyond it given recent events.

If the ncaa botches this or fails to gain back credibility and authority by letting these schools off with a slap on the wrist after the mountains of damning evidence that has been released for all to see, they are finished and the cheating will get more blatant and more rampant. NCAA has their back against the wall this time. Either drop the hammer or admit bias.

If the ncaa botches this or fails to gain back credibility and authority by letting these schools off with a slap on the wrist after the mountains of damning evidence that has been released for all to see, they are finished and the cheating will get more blatant and more rampant. NCAA has their back against the wall this time. Either drop the hammer or admit bias.

Either drop the hammer or admit you are irrelevant.

Archived