Women's Outlook for 2013-14

The recruiting that has been happening since Coach Flo arrived is phenomenal. She has brought in 8 players for the 2013-14 season and has 4 verbals for this years class. The young ladies are all highly rated and have been recruited to play Coach Flo's system. This years team should be solid with 6 experienced players, 2 JC's, and 6 very talented freshmen. I'm looking forward to watching how Coach Flo molds the team together for the next several years. We are going to get back to where the Lady Tigers are suppose to be - at the top!

Meagan Tucker, Allina Starr, Brandy Montgomery, Keonna Farmer, Katie Frerkingand Khandy Gieng are our incoming freshmen. Meinda Brimfield and Kiani Parker are JUCO transfers. the web page has been updated for a week or so - http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/aub-w-baskbl-mtt.html

We have four verbals - these are two of them.... Jazmine and Jessica Jones to Auburn: With the addition of 6-1 twin sisters Jazmine and Jessica Jones of Raleigh, N.C., the Auburn women’s basketball program adds to prospects that fit the pressing and trapping style that their head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy likes to play. They are both long limbed, three-star prospects who should be able to make an impact using their physical gifts, especially on defense.

And based on this - http://www.prospectsnation.com/players/committed/2014/417 - Bria Johnson is the fourth so by my calculations that would be a full roster for 2014......assuming all of them sign the NOI with Auburn.

I hope to see a full roster of 15 with a bench rotating in while we press the entire game. This year's team will have 14 which is what you need by season's end with the style of play we run and injuries and such.

Wow that is an impressive group, that along with the Tanner sisters and Hasina, we could do really well. Got to the third round of the NIT last year, it would be fun to make the NCAA this year. It looks good.

Look - I know this isn't about the team this year but it's great to see DeWanna get the respect she deserves - http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/9720645/total-access-dewanna-bonner-athleticism-belies-reedy-frame War Eagle DB24! (and I don't have enough posts that I can start a new topic).

This program is going to break out and when it does, I hope the Auburn Family does for them what they did for the team that won the SEC Regular Season and fill up the Arena!

from Phllip Marshall today and posted on the AU website:

"I got tired Tuesday just watching Auburn women’s basketball coach Terri Williams-Flournoy put her team through the first day of preseason practice. You can’t play Williams-Flournoy’s style without being in top condition. Just getting through a practice is hard enough.

My guess is it’s just a matter of time before she puts Auburn back among the Southeastern Conference’s elite."

from Phllip Marshall today and posted on the AU website:

"I got tired Tuesday just watching Auburn women’s basketball coach Terri Williams-Flournoy put her team through the first day of preseason practice. You can’t play Williams-Flournoy’s style without being in top condition. Just getting through a practice is hard enough.

My guess is it’s just a matter of time before she puts Auburn back among the Southeastern Conference’s elite."

From some info on twitter, the players were glad to see practice start because the pre-season workouts had been harder. Whew! I hope these ladies make the NCAAs this year.

There definitely seems to be a real positive vibe going on with the women's program, and for good reason it appears. I have more interest in this squad than I do the mens at this point and if we get off to a good start I think everyone will jump aboard.

Glad to see the women's team getting back. I used to go and watch their games while I was a student back in the 80's. We had some AUsome teams!

I watched a good bit of practice today before the football game. There is definitely a good deal of talent on this team and I was pretty impressed with how they were getting after it. They are having a fan day tommorow if anyone is around. Scrimmage, autographs, stuff for the kids. Free admission.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news for fans of Courtney Strain - she is no longer on the roster....don't know details but it may have been one injury too many..... >:(

That's a shame. I knew some of her family years ago in Randolph County. All good folks and good Auburn people.

Archived