Apologies and overall outlook on the season

DyeHardAllTheWay

First off, I wanted to formally say I'm sorry for the way I acted during the first part of the game. Several of my comments about the coaching were in poor taste, and I apologize. I think we can all plead guilty of letting a football game get to us too much, but there still isn't a good excuse for that.

Having said that, I was still really concerned with how we've opened games all season. That 21-0 lead at the beginning was what really prompted me to question the coaching. They were able to quickly turn things around however by the end of the game, and there's a lot to be happy with.

If we can build off of that, we can be very successful soon. It's just a matter of handling it the right way and laying the right bricks down for the foundation. I sensed a lot of positive energy and a refusal to quit, which was a tremendous upgrade from last season. I just hope the early signs will translate into actual wins. There are still a lot of unknowns, but I remain proud of our boys and proud to be an Auburn Tiger! Despite the quarrels some of us have on here, you'll never catch me bashing the players or Auburn itself. War Eagle and here's to hoping the next 8 games will show a more focused, improved team game by game.

I don't think any Auburn fan was real thrilled with what we saw in the first quarter. But it was Nick's and others' first road game. It was in Death Valley. It was pouring rain and the wind was gusting to 25-30 MPH at times. I hope our guys learned from this experience and will grow from it. The next road game won't be like that.

Archived