2014 4* CB Wesley Green (South Carolina signee)

War to the Eagle

He just decommitted from South Cakulakkee. Rivals and 247 both have snippets on his possible interest in AU. I don't know how much interest he expressed in us before his commitment, but it seems we could use him and/or Roberts in our defensive backfield. If we get either or both of them, it shapes up as a pretty darn awesome secondary class, with Ruffin and Moncrief already in the bag and an opportunity still there for Clark.

Here are some Youtube highlights of Green. He looks very good. He is from the Atlanta area. E, or anyone, do we know why he decommited. Is anyone hearing if we are back in on him. I think UGA is talking to him.

Our secondary has been playing like a boss this season with the new coaches. Hopefully that'll get the attention and interest of some of the recruits we need.

Before the decommit Green had mot mentioned Auburn in 2 months. Since the decommit he mentioned Auburn in 1 article but not in another. He decommitted because he feltt he jumped the gun in committing too early. I am not even sure the staff would take Green ATM. They are All In right now on flipping Roberts.

Before the decommit Green had mot mentioned Auburn in 2 months. Since the decommit he mentioned Auburn in 1 article but not in another. He decommitted because he feltt he jumped the gun in committing too early. I am not even sure the staff would take Green ATM. They are All In right now on flipping Roberts.

This ^^^^ and IMO he is a strong UGA lean. We are after his teammate very hard however, Arden Key, 2015 DE that seems to like AU as well. KN @ AUC seems to agree that we have a better shot at Key. We need Roberts right now and have a much better shot at him IYAM. That would give us two very good CB's in 2014 to go with JJ, JH and KM as our future at CB. Not bad at all considering.

I'm interested to see how CB recruiting shakes out. We need two. With Mincy and Jones next year, we probably know who the starters are. If we can develop some Safety depth, Holsey slides into either a starting position or CB3 (which is basically the same amount of snaps without the PA announcement... just ask Ryan White if CB3 is busy enough for him).

Then, we'd have Melton and the two new guys. That's a solid group. Without Holsey (again depending on what happens at Safety), we're depending on Melton, maybe keeping Ford at CB, and the new guys. If we only sign one, it wouldn't surprise me to see Rudy Ford stick at CB.

The Safety spot is a bigger worry for me. Whitehead is a lock (and a solid player). Smith graduates. Frazier hasn't played. Harding hasn't really played. King and Alexander are getting most of their time at Star (from what I understand). Moncrief could play Safety or Star. Nothing is settled at Safety, which is worrisome. Some development from Harding (or moving Alexander or King back) would help. Frazier is a total wildcard. Holsey is playing out of position, but he could get stuck there if we don't watch out.

I'm interested to see how CB recruiting shakes out. We need two. With Mincy and Jones next year, we probably know who the starters are. If we can develop some Safety depth, Holsey slides into either a starting position or CB3 (which is basically the same amount of snaps without the PA announcement... just ask Ryan White if CB3 is busy enough for him).

Then, we'd have Melton and the two new guys. That's a solid group. Without Holsey (again depending on what happens at Safety), we're depending on Melton, maybe keeping Ford at CB, and the new guys. If we only sign one, it wouldn't surprise me to see Rudy Ford stick at CB.

The Safety spot is a bigger worry for me. Whitehead is a lock (and a solid player). Smith graduates. Frazier hasn't played. Harding hasn't really played. King and Alexander are getting most of their time at Star (from what I understand). Moncrief could play Safety or Star. Nothing is settled at Safety, which is worrisome. Some development from Harding (or moving Alexander or King back) would help. Frazier is a total wildcard. Holsey is playing out of position, but he could get stuck there if we don't watch out.

Don't forget Johnathon Jones! 2012-Holsey/Jones 2013-Melton/Ford? 2014-Ruffin/Roberts (IYAM we flip him) That will give us six solid corners along with whoever we pick up in 2015, when the 2015 season rolls around. Not too shabby at all IMO!

Don't forget Johnathon Jones!

He didn't.

HE'S IN THE FIRST LINE!! I won't take these accusations that I forgot Jones!

Oh, that was too much? Ah.

I included Jones. Assuming he's healthy, I think he and Mincy will be the starters next year, even if Holsey returns to CB. There. I said it. I think Holsey's versatility makes him a better fit for CB3 backing up both field and boundary CB positions (the way Ryan White does this year).

Sr - Mincy, Jr - Holsey/Jones (unless he RS this year, which isn't a terrible idea), So - Melton, Fr - Ruffin/Roberts (hope you're right)

That's a great group, but it's still dependent on finding Safeties. Spottier situation there.

Sr - Whitehead/Frazier/Fisher, Jr - VanGorder/Moncrief (if he plays Safety, not Star), So - TJ Davis/Alexander (if he moves from Star), Fr - Harding/Clark(?)

Those are highly unproven players. HIGHLY. Subtract Holsey from the list of CBs, and it gets thin. Remove him from Safety, and I've got no idea who starts next to Whitehead (and God save us if he gets hurt).

HE'S IN THE FIRST LINE!! I won't take these accusations that I forgot Jones!

Oh, that was too much? Ah.

I included Jones. Assuming he's healthy, I think he and Mincy will be the starters next year, even if Holsey returns to CB. There. I said it. I think Holsey's versatility makes him a better fit for CB3 backing up both field and boundary CB positions (the way Ryan White does this year).

Sr - Mincy, Jr - Holsey/Jones (unless he RS this year, which isn't a terrible idea), So - Melton, Fr - Ruffin/Roberts (hope you're right)

That's a great group, but it's still dependent on finding Safeties. Spottier situation there.

Sr - Whitehead/Frazier/Fisher, Jr - VanGorder/Moncrief (if he plays Safety, not Star), So - TJ Davis/Alexander (if he moves from Star), Fr - Harding/Clark(?)

Those are highly unproven players. HIGHLY. Subtract Holsey from the list of CBs, and it gets thin. Remove him from Safety, and I've got no idea who starts next to Whitehead (and God save us if he gets hurt).

Yes you did. For some reason when I read "Mincy and (Insert name)..." my brain sees Davis. My bad.

Archived