are you kidding?

cammycam2

Meh, there is basically a 3 way tie between 9,10,11. More importantly it doesnt matter unless you go to the MNC game. As a 1 loss team, the only way for us to do that is to keep winning. One game at a time, one week at a time, one win at a time is all that matters.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take care of business.....worry about that in five weeks. :)

On the upside:

If the kids are reading this stuff, they are pissed and motivated.

The worst thing that can happen to us right now is to get the big head.

110% on the next play. Do that over and over until the last play in January.

Thats what gets us to the end where we want to be.

This poll is a joke. There doesn't seem to be anything computer related about this poll. This is from the Billingsley Report Website.

http://www.bcsknowho...lingsley-report

"Let’s continue the learning process with the Billingsley Report, run by Richard Billingsley out of the College Football Research Center.

Unlike Anderson and Hester, Billingsley finds real value in using preseason rankings as a jump-off point for his yearly computer rankings.

Using the previous season’s final rankings, Billingsley simply assigns teams a point value for his preseason ranking. The previous season’s final No. 1 receives 270 points, No. 2 receives 269, No. 3 receives 268 and so on until No. 120 receives 151 points.

Billingsley’s system is based on “point accumulation”, meaning that teams only are credited for winning/losing when the game occurs, only receiving/losing points in the rankings following that weekend. Therefore, a team is not punished for losses a team may suffer in the future, but also cannot gain points for teams getting better down the line.

Billingsley uses his own rankings to calculate strength of schedule, meaning that although teams’ records may be the same, the cost or benefit of a game may be different depending on opponent.

A supreme premium is placed on staying undefeated in the poll, but that is not to say that a team with a loss can’t make a climb in the standings.

In fact, Billingsley has set up his system to make sure that although it is likely for the loser of a head-to-head match up to end up behind the winner, the loser can jump ahead of the winner in the next week’s standings. Billingsley’s point accumulation method allows for a more fluid ranking system."

I'm glad you pointed this out. I've always been interested in the computer polls (I recreated the Colley Matrix for fun during the 2010 season, it was actually quite simple), but I did not know there was a computer poll that utilized past season's rankings. Very dissapointing.

The one thing to remember while critisizing various polls is that the problem with the college football national championship is not the flaws with the various polls, but that the championship is determined by polls. It would be great if conference champions were awarded playoff births, reducing/eliminating the need for opionions/computers to decide a team's fate (with the exception of a three way round robin tie like the Big 12 South in 2008, though that could be solved objectively).

I am just glad that so many on here are so focused and thinking only about getting better at practice tomorrow!!! :muscles:

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

It's a poll that determines who plays for the crystal trophy. They have a show that starts way to early in the season to get ratings. MOst of us watched it or at very least checked the internet to see where we were. Oklahoma jumped us in the BCS. I came here to talk about Auburn football and that is something that I would like to discuss. If Arky beats us this week then just blame it on me for not being focused on the task at hand. :thedeal:

Now, what in the sam hill..........???

If we don't take care of business each week, it does not matter. Win out (including the SECCG) and we will be in. A 1 loss team that beats the beloved UAT will leap frog everybody. The undefeated teams will begin to fall like flies from here on out....

86. You nailed it. Win out and it takes care of itself.

If destiny calls Auburn, and She ANSWERS.........Everything and everyone else has to get out of the way. One game at a time. Arkansas 1st......Then ...Yea you know the routine......One game at a time

WAR EAGLE!

Think about it this way...if we win out and beat media darling Bama, how far would they dare drop Saban? And we would have to be ahead of them. I agree with many on AUF - we win out, we're in.

Depends on if uat has a loss before the Iron Bowl. If they lose to LSU or MSU before the IB, they will have already dropped in the polls and that leaves room for Oregon/OSU/FSU/Baylor to hop up to the #1 slot.....

This is the most exciting time of the season, I love watching it all play out.

You know,... It seems like there is a lot of angst about the polls. Frankly we should all be on cloud nine right now. I suspect we will lose another one before the season is over. Maybe not, but... we are truly one year removed from winning it all again. Considering it was fifty years between the last two, I couldn't be happier about where we are. if we finish 4 and 1 between now and the end of bowl season we will open in the polls next year top ten, perhaps top 5. Lets all enjoy this run.

WDE

Please, STOP THE WHINING!!!

Our BCS average went from .5058 to .6025. That is a significant jump. We went from being .1162 behind #10 to being .0039 behind.

This!!!! We actually made a huge leap forward by playing a really bad team. Who can complain about that? Everyone needs to relax, there is way too much football left to play before we get angry about polls. After the last 2 years I'm ecstatic to be where we are right now. As long as Auburn takes care of Auburn's business we will be in the top 10 before we know it and maybe finish in the top 5.

Thoughts on making the MNC game: For us to make it to the big dance a lot is going to have to happen outside of Auburn winning out. I honestly don't see that happening, but would be so damn happy if it did. It is completely possible but just not probable. But then again Bammer backed in to 2 MNC's. We will just have to take care of business, Hope that the other undefeated teams lose a game or two. and see where it all washes out in the end.

Regardless of what happens. I'm having one hell of a season, and after the last 2 years. I couldn't be happier than I am right now! This team has restored Auburn to greatness overnight! Be happy about that and enjoy the season. All this hate and whining about the polls is shortening your lives. Let the losing teams be stressed out, didn't you all have enough of that the last few years? Or do you just like complaining to complain?

Chillax!, we got a hog to barbeque coming up! because ribs is good! bacon is good! ham is good!

War Damn Eagle!

The players will take care of it on the field...I as a fan will worry about the rankings...I was pretty pissed when i saw the rankings...I don't get how a Stanford team loses to an unranked Utah team and is still number 5 in the BCS...I understand they beat UCLA but look at what Oregon did to them this past weekend...Even if we win out we will face a 2 loss SEC east opponent which won't help and we won't jump Oregon and FSU

This is why you can't worry about the natty title. Without a playoff, it's a dog and pony show. Look at the coaches' poll... two weeks ago AU beats aTm on their own field giving them 2 losses to AU's 1 (which was to LSU) and they STILL had aTm over the Tigers by 4 spots. Last week, AU beats FAU whilst aTm has an SEC victory (albeit over Vandy) and suddenly they make a correction and have the Tigers JUMP the Aggies... Why is AU not better than aTm after a head to head matchup but they are after beating a lesser opponent than aTm did? This stuff'll make your head hurt trying to make sense of it. Just win the SEC and let the rest take care of itself.

The players will take care of it on the field...I as a fan will worry about the rankings...I was pretty pissed when i saw the rankings...I don't get how a Stanford team loses to an unranked Utah team and is still number 5 in the BCS...I understand they beat UCLA but look at what Oregon did to them this past weekend...Even if we win out we will face a 2 loss SEC east opponent which won't help and we won't jump Oregon and FSU

Dude, if you thought we ever had a prayer of jumping an undefeated Oregon or FSU, you are delusional. We have one loss. If we were to beat Bama and an undefeated Mizzou (obviously no longer possible), we might have had a few voters put us ahead of an undefeated Ohio State, but I don't think it would have been enough even to jump ahead of them. That is even more true with OSU scoring style points against PSU last weekend.

Some people on here need to step down off the ledge. Winning out will take care of it all. There are 5 weeks left in the season. Breathe in...and out. In...and out...

^^This^^ 2 weeks ago, we weren't even ranked. Now people are complaining that we are not ahead of some that have been ranked all along and played and beat top talent.

Let's just enjoy the ride on the Gus Bus. IF we take care of business, we will finish in the top 5. I am fine with this considering where we were this time last year. We will be primed and ready in 2014 for a real NC.

Looking around the twitterverse, it's apparent that the players are well aware of and actually feel disrespected by this ranking. Excepting the 1 loss, we are in a dream scenario.

Archived