are you kidding?

cammycam2

I really don't give a damn right now. Take care of biz every week , move up and ratchet up our recruiting class in the process. We control most of our destiny right now and that is all we can ask for.

War Damn Eagle !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are done with the cupcakes. The last 4 games get progressively tougher. The final being the #1 team in the country as long as they dont trip up against LSU. No where to go but up if we keep winning. IMO I cant think of a better way for a schedule to play out given our situation coming in. We had weaker opponents or Bye weeks when we needed them. Good balance. Lets make this a November to remember.

Doesn't the BCS formula throw out the highest and lowest computer ranking before calculating the computer average? Billingsley's rankings therefore don't affect our BCS ranking.

why be upset. we are in a prime position with games remaining against UGA and UAT.. we should handle 10erC and Arky. win out and face another ranked team in the SECCG. having a shot at a BCS bowl game sounds pretty damn good this late in the season.

No respect ....... We get jumped by OU, Clemson is one loss blow out and had a hard time against Maryland

No way was Auburn jumping Clemson. They were way ahead in %. This is the end result of playing cupcakes.

Blow outs over South Carolina St, Wake Forest and Citadel are worth more than those over Arky State, West Carolina and FAU?

So how does he adjust when prior year wins are vacated due to NCAA sanctions? Funny thing is we can beat bama and his computer would still rank them higher. Lol

Based off where they finished last year. Unbelievable.

Think about it this way...if we win out and beat media darling Bama, how far would they dare drop Saban? And we would have to be ahead of them. I agree with many on AUF - we win out, we're in.

If we win out, we are in the SECCG; win that, and we are probably in the Sugar Bowl. There is a very remote possibility that we get into the BCSCG, but the odds of that are extremely long. Be happy with where we are.

To those who are unhappy with our ranking, if I had told you in August that we would enter November ranked #11 in the BCS and likely favored in our next 3 games, after you told me I was off my rocker, I'd be willing to bet you would have been thrilled with the prospect.

The problem is that many of you seem to be willing to accept where we are now. Hell no. We are auburn. We need to expect to be in the running for the BCSCG. Stop talking about last year. We ought to be aiming for the top

I'm not concerned with any ranking with so much time left in the season. If we finish what we started we'll be where we want in the end. Additionally, this can help with motivation down the stretch by the lack of respect we're getting and keep the players from getting complacent. We don't need no stinking poll to show everyone how good we are. We just go out and stomp a mud hole in the turds.

Peace out!!!! WDE!!!!

The problem is that many of you seem to be willing to accept where we are now. Hell no. We are auburn. We need to expect to be in the running for the BCSCG. Stop talking about last year. We ought to be aiming for the top

You're delusional. If we had beaten LSU, we would be in the BCSCG discussion. As it is, we have to hope there is only one major unbeaten in order to have a prayer of getting in, and even then, we would still be behind a couple of other 1-loss teams in the minds of most pollsters. Whining about our ranking on a message board will do nothing to change that.

I don't think it's a matter of acceptance, just reality. We didn't handle business against LSU, it's still early in the season, half the teams in front of us face-off, our schedule has been pretty weak thus far, our biggest wins and arguments for fame and glory are yet to come, and it's just silly to get in an uproar over whether we should be #9 or #11 at this point in the season. It's week 2 of the BCS. Let's show that we belong before we flaunt the entitlement. <-I think that is what your perceived 'acceptance' is really about.

I don't think anyone would be content with being the 11th ranked team or going 10-2, 9-3 or whatever for the rest of time. But given all the changes with coaching and how under-developed this team was coming off last year, I think we should be ecstatic that we are getting back to a championship level faster than anyone expected. Right now ESPN projects us to go to the Sugar Bowl. If you are honestly disappointed with not winning the championship every year.....maybe you should find a new hobby.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year at this time there were 10 undefeated teams. If you count Notre Dame losing to Bama, I don't think anyone finished undefeated. There is still Oregon-Stanford, Baylor-Oklahoma, Miami-FSU. I see Missouri losing again, possibly Clemson losing again, and it seems like every year there are one or two major upsets such as Baylor over K-State or Iowa St. over Oklahoma St. If we win out going into the Iron Bowl it could likely be a top 5 match-up.

If you look at the computer points, we are actually close to the #10 team and distant from the #12 team. It will work out as the rest of the season plays out. It's based on various criteria and not some personal affront to AU. The Big 12 leaders play each other in the next few weeks; FSU plays Miami. We just need to take care of our business

If we were in the top 10 they would have to talk about us. I hate OU jumping us, but they did just have a big win. The next 3 weeks are what we as fans should be worried about when it comes to rankings. Maybe it will push our team harder after seeing they have still not proven themselves on the national stage.

If we were in the top 10 they would have to talk about us. I hate OU jumping us, but they did just have a big win. The next 3 weeks are what we as fans should be worried about when it comes to rankings. Maybe it will push our team harder after seeing they have still not proven themselves on the national stage.

Except for the fact that the team that beatdown chokelahoma was beatdown by Ole Mrs., who AU whooped.

It's a message board, a forum....

.... it's no function other than for amusement, camaraderie, and notification. Hopefully the team doesn't rely on us, nor the coaches. Sometimes it's for blowing off steam, and other times for exclamation or education. Like right know I've found out too many want to cry about others displaying displeasure. Get over it, it's just part of the game, it's just opinion or conjecture. If you want perfection, serenity, and political correctness perhaps you might try a church, synagogue, or library; however at the moment you're in the midst of revival and the dead have risen. It's no wonder there's no end to forgotten joy, and displeasure over wanting the rest of the world to see. Having all views expressed (except perhaps BM No3) is what makes the site worthwhile, otherwise we're all saying the exact same thing. (x'cuse me :poke:sermon over) and why in hell do we not get the BSC update on FOX Sports also.. isn't this an anti-capitalistic monopoly and unAmerican?

Archived