QB play on Saturday

bg5

I hope we get up enough on Arkansas so JJ can get a series each half. It didn't really work out in the A&M game even though they wanted to do it. It would be great to get JJ a couple of series against an SEC team under his belt. It's such a change of pace it might really come in handy in these last few games.

I agree. If JJ can get more experience and a greater comfort level, using a little 2 QB system could be a weapon. UGA and Bama would then have to prepare for two QBs, one a better passer and one a better runner, but each QB can beat you both ways. I guarantee you Bama is going to load the box and make us beat them through the air so using both QBs could keep them off balance.

I agree. If JJ can get more experience and a greater comfort level, using a little 2 QB system could be a weapon. UGA and Bama would then have to prepare for two QBs, one a better passer and one a better runner, but each QB can beat you both ways. I guarantee you Bama is going to load the box and make us beat them through the air so using both QBs could keep them off balance.

This. You have to be able to beat Bama through the air. You still need balance, but you need that threat to pass. Look back at UATs losses the last several years, and you will see a strong passing attack. Cam had to beat them through the air in 2010.

This. You have to be able to beat Bama through the air. You still need balance, but you need that threat to pass. Look back at UATs losses the last several years, and you will see a strong passing attack. Cam had to beat them through the air in 2010.

Beating them thru the air on 1st down is what opens up opportunities to beat them running the ball.

He might get more game time than we expected, Marshall is apparently "day to day".

An tod

He might get more game time than we expected, Marshall is apparently "day to day".

And today is Tuesday.

And tomorrow is HUMPDAYYY!

WOOP WOOOOOOOOOP!!!!

An tod

And today is Tuesday.

WOOP WOOOOOOOOOP!!!!

mikemikemikemikemike

Regardless if NM starts or not I expect JJ will see at least 1-2 series.

as long as they give him a series and not one play in the middle of a drive that messes up the rhythm

An tod

And today is Tuesday.

WOOP WOOOOOOOOOP!!!!

=facepalm%20gif&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=7"]bth_facepalm.gif

I just wonder how much is coach speak and not tipping our hand after the stunt ark pulled and how much is him being more sore or damaged than they let on

I would bet it's not tipping our hand, as players have said NM is fine. Then again, what does that really do for you? Do we honestly think Ark would go "oh, NM might not play, so let's not practice defending the zone read". Not likely.

An tod

And today is Tuesday.

WOOP WOOOOOOOOOP!!!!

bth_facepalm.gif

Well, for some of if us it is just another Saturday, because everyday is Saturday except Sunday. :dunno:

I don't think they'd say that but I think jj is pass fussy run second with nm being a little quicker to make something happen with his feet. it's not a lot more to think about scheme wise for ark but enough to have to take a little time on

I don't think they'd say that but I think jj is pass fussy run second with nm being a little quicker to make something happen with his feet. it's not a lot more to think about scheme wise for ark but enough to have to take a little time on

Why did you put two spaces between each word?

I just wonder how much is coach speak and not tipping our hand after the stunt ark pulled and how much is him being more sore or damaged than they let on

I'm thinking this is more for Bielema's consumption.

This. You have to be able to beat Bama through the air. You still need balance, but you need that threat to pass. Look back at UATs losses the last several years, and you will see a strong passing attack.

The majority of teams (as in "I think maybe every one other than Texas A&M in 2012..and they weren't far over") that have beaten bammer in the last several years have done it throwing fewer than 25 passes. And that includes AU in 2010.

This. You have to be able to beat Bama through the air. You still need balance, but you need that threat to pass. Look back at UATs losses the last several years, and you will see a strong passing attack.

The majority of teams (as in "I think maybe every one other than Texas A&M in 2012..and they weren't far over") that have beaten bammer in the last several years have done it throwing fewer than 25 passes. And that includes AU in 2010.

Now that you mention it, it seems that i have heard that before. While the attempts may be fewer, the plays made in the passing game had a big impact in the result of the game. Manziel to Swope down the sideline and Cam to Zachary to start the 2nd half. It just seems the plays i remember from those games were made through the air. For the record, i think we can run on anyone. Just based my opinion from what stood out to me in previous losses by Bama

Archived