I feel sorry for the team that drafts Clowney...

BornAU76

So this tidbit at SI, just ridiculous...he'll get to the NFL, get blown off the field and will be done in 3 years. Says he is trying harder but looks like a shell of his former self, actions speak louder than words in this case.

“My practice habits have picked up way more than they did last year. Last year, I really didn’t practice real hard. This year, I came in with a different mind-set, like I want to be that guy, I want to have no flaws in my game.”

“I don’t have nothing to prove,” Clowney, who had five tackles in the Gamecocks 27-24 upset over Missouri on Saturday, said. “They keep doubting — we’re going to keep winning. Let them keep doubting us. That’s all I can say. It’s a team sport.

“For all what people think about me — I just want to win with my team.”

Clowney also said he is still dealing with a painful rib injury that caused him to miss one game this season.

“It still bothers me a lot,” Clowney said. “But I keep that to myself.”

(http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/28/south-carolina-jadeveon-clowney-says-he-didnt-practice-hard-last-season/?sct=cf_t2_a3)

I wouldn't draft Clowney earlier than the 5th round

Bad attitude, bad work ethic, and like Randy Moss he isn't going to give 100% every play although I admit when he does try it's impressive

I have yet to see documented proof of this "bad attitude" notion. They guy is a physical freak and is also 20(?) years old. He's about to make some bank in the NFL and I would expect him to make some "college guy" decisions about the way he does things at times. He will be top 3.

I have yet to see documented proof of this "bad attitude" notion. They guy is a physical freak and is also 20(?) years old. He's about to make some bank in the NFL and I would expect him to make some "college guy" decisions about the way he does things at times. He will be top 3.

I agree 100%. He's still a kid, and we of all folks should know how folks can take a sentence or two and blow it completely out of proportion. It appears his head coach doesn't have a problem with the kid's attitude, work ethic, or production level.

Bad attitude, bad work ethic, and like Randy Moss he isn't going to give 100% every play although I admit when he does try it's impressive

you wouldnt have a job long

I agree 100%. He's still a kid, and we of all folks should know how folks can take a sentence or two and blow it completely out of proportion. It appears his head coach doesn't have a problem with the kid's attitude, work ethic, or production level.

This is not directed at you, but at what point does a guy go from being a kid to a man/adult??? I hear this in recruiting/mistakes (i.e. Johnny Manziel), etc and this is the excuse. Does he magically grow up when he gets to the next level?? Seriously!

This is not directed at you, but at what point does a guy go from being a kid to a man/adult??? I hear this in recruiting/mistakes (i.e. Johnny Manziel), etc and this is the excuse. Does he magically grow up when he gets to the next level?? Seriously!

Well in Jewish culture, it is about 12. Before the 60's, it was probably 16. In the 80's and 90's it was around 18. Today's culture has it at about 22, and if you ask Obama's healthcare law, it's 26.

So you can take your pick.

I'd take him in the late first round. Rookie contracts aren't much these days. Then let him go somewhere else for his second contract because once he gets the big pay day, he's done. Just look at his second effort on the field this year. Oh wait, it's non existent.

Randy Moss probably won a LOT games for the teams he played on. Safeties had to play deep and respect his deep ball skills and always roll coverage his way... even if he took the play off. And when he did play hard he was almost uncoverable. That Patriots team should have been 19-0 if not for one fluke pass and catch at the end of the game.

I think Clowney might be the same way. He is going to effect the other team even if he does take some plays off. He will still be capable of making huge plays like a sack-forced fumble to turn a game around.

As a Falcons' fan I would love it if they would draft Clowney. The kid is an absolute monster and alters any game he's in - be it with the plays he makes or the double teams he draws that allow for someone else to make a play.

Archived