NOV. 24 Polls (merged threads)

FHeal

We beat Bama and Mizzou, and I think we are in. I think USCe beats Clemson this week, tOSU loses to Michigan State in their title game. Okie State doesn't play a tough enough schedule to move up too much. We face FSU in the NC game.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We beat Bama and Mizzou, and I think we are in. I think USCe beats Clemson this week, tOSU loses to Michigan State in their title game. Okie State doesn't play a tough enough schedule to move up too much. We face FSU in the NC game.

If we win out, I think we secure a solid 2 ranking in the computers. But I wonder if we could get at least one of the 4 that are not outliers to be 1.

Voters will have to make a blatant attempt to keep Auburn out. If Auburn gets a true 3rd place finish in the coaches and harris polls, we would only need to capture 1 first place ranking in the computers.

This is based on that they don't inflate OSU by trying to give them more 1st place votes, which I think they will do.

So according to Palmer auburn should be a 2 loss team because Georgia should have won. Let's ignore that until the fourth qtr Uga wasn't even close. What a dou*che nozzle.

well, we sure lost a lot of love from the computers

So according to Palmer auburn should be a 2 loss team because Georgia should have won. Let's ignore that until the fourth qtr Uga wasn't even close. What a dou*che nozzle.

my thoughts precisely

Jesse Palmer is a huge hater.

He just said if we win out, we deserve to jump OSU for the NC game...

He also said that we should be a two loss team.

Guest jojo1515

If you want proof that the computers don't work....last week we were #3 in the computers. We didn't play and 2 teams ahead of us in the human polls lost....now we are #4 in the puters...

I have to admit that I am surprised that Ohio State jumped so far up in the computer rankings after beating Indiana. I knew with Baylor and Oregon losing they would gain ground, but they jumped a LOT by moving ahead of Auburn in three of the computer polls. I did not expect that jump after beating Indiana. Maybe it is based on the # of wins or something.

If you want proof that the computers don't work....last week we were #3 in the computers. We didn't play and 2 teams ahead of us in the human polls lost....now we are #4 in the puters...

Yeah went way down in the computers, I thought we would hold steady in the computer.

Makes perfect sense since they only bias is the program that was written long ago. Play on the field makes the difference and we sat.

You just have to find the program that accounts for all the variables that affect performance.

I know greater bias is the human element.

Computers work on data. Having 10 wins is always better that having 9 wins, so you could argue that our computer rankings were artificially high last week. It's kind of like ranking recruiting classes based on the overall number of commits rather than the average ranking of commits. A team with 25 3-star commits will rank ahead of a team with 5 5-star commits and 10 4-star commits ... at least until the rest of the class is signed.

What a crock. Murray should have been called for grounding on that last drive. The go-ahead TE never happened. Marshall to Louis was a fluke. Add it up, AU wins 37-31. Palmer can go self-copulate.

Clemson has been ahead of us for weeks in the coaches poll. That's why they're still ahead of us. Clemson was #6 and Auburn was #7 in last week's coaches poll.

I wouldn't worry about Clemson. We have been steadily gaining on them for several weeks. Last week to this week (even without us playing), the gap narrowed from 72 points to 21 in the Coaches Poll, and 52 to 9 in the Harris Poll. If we win next week, we will without doubt pass them. That would probably be true even if Bama were not ranked #1.

It's alarming when guys with votes like Herbstreit wax eloquent (like he did last night on BSPN's BCS show) about how much more deserving Missouri and Clemson are at #4 than Auburn. He said we're not deserving yet. His reasoning? "Look what happened to Baylor's previously amazing offense". So we're Baylor.

For those with memories, after it was apparent around October in 2004 that we'd be in the national title discussion, Herbstreit said all season long if Auburn won out it would be in the BCS title game...but just before we won the SEC title game he started backing off. He has zero cahunas and changes with whatever's popular "thinking." BSPN makes he and Mark May into objective intellectuals they are NOT.

It's alarming when guys with votes like Herbstreit wax eloquent (like he did last night on BSPN's BCS show) about how much more deserving Missouri and Clemson are at #4 than Auburn. He said we're not deserving yet. His reasoning? "Look what happened to Baylor's previously amazing offense". So we're Baylor.

For those with memories, after it was apparent around October in 2004 that we'd be in the national title discussion, Herbstreit said all season long if Auburn won out it would be in the BCS title game...but just before we won the SEC title game he started backing off. He has zero cahunas and changes with whatever's popular "thinking." BSPN makes he and Mark May into objective intellectuals they are NOT.

If I am not mistaken, Herbstreit picked us to win the SECW in '10. He's not always against us. I think the UGA 4qtr had a lot to do with his comments. jmo

Archived